What are you currently reading?

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
One of those depressing assumptions the novels has is for example, how the wagie gets transported in this videogame fantasy world and shes immediately full onboard with the idea. Like she doesn't even misses her parents, family, work friends, country, culture, religion, nope she doesn't give two shits about that cause she gets to share time with her 2D personality-and-body-wise tsundere waifu. Like that's such a depressing view on human life. Yeah, there's literally no reason to miss real life. I understand this was written for 13-year-olds and so I'm overthinking but still...
If you're looking for one that doesn't do this, I recommend one of my favorites, "Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai". It starts off seemingly generic with the usual small twist that the protagonist has god-like powers right at the start rather than having to work his way up to it by defeating the armies of the demon lord, but spirals into an absolutely fascinating Intrigue plotline concerning the protagonist's origin, the nature of his powers, and what the isekai world really is. It constantly made me question what was really going on, and more than that, it suggested that there was some real gravity behind all of it. Even side storylines like with the Rembrandt company end up with an impressive amount of depth, secrecy, and intrigue, with really compelling character development. I can't recommend it enough.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
If you're looking for one that doesn't do this, I recommend one of my favorites, "Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai". It starts off seemingly generic with the usual small twist that the protagonist has god-like powers right at the start rather than having to work his way up to it by defeating the armies of the demon lord, but spirals into an absolutely fascinating Intrigue plotline concerning the protagonist's origin, the nature of his powers, and what the isekai world really is. It constantly made me question what was really going on, and more than that, it suggested that there was some real gravity behind all of it. Even side storylines like with the Rembrandt company end up with an impressive amount of depth, secrecy, and intrigue, with really compelling character development. I can't recommend it enough.

Also, when you run out of manga, you can jump into the novel, which dives even deeper into the story

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I recently started to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's my second time around.

I love how the prologue is just an exposition dump about the Hobbits. If the books would have been written today, it would probably be heavily criticized due to the sheer amount of world building the books have.

It's clear that the world building was done first and the story was just kind of inserted into it. Not suprising considering the trilogy exist because Tolkien wanted to make use of languages he created himself.

Those kind of stories are very rare nowadays. I am one of the few that enjoy works with a metric ton of lore as it helps me to get really immersed.

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
Just finished the book assassins creed 2 and also im in the progress of jordans peterson 12 rules of life. Next novel ill read is ac brotherhood and a greek book secret war( its speaks about conspiracies and secret brotherhoods conflicts, philosophies and matrix shit)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3990

La société du spectacle by Guy Debord, re-reading Don Quijote by Cervantes, and Metaphysics by Aristoteles.

Just finished the book assassins creed 2 and also im in the progress of jordans peterson 12 rules of life. Next novel ill read is ac brotherhood and a greek book secret war( its speaks about conspiracies and secret brotherhoods conflicts, philosophies and matrix shit)
Jordan Peterson, really? Are you serious or is your account some kind of ironic larp that I'm not getting?

ECHETLAEUS

Reaction score
Awards
La société du spectacle by Guy Debord, re-reading Don Quijote by Cervantes, and Metaphysics by Aristoteles.

Jordan Peterson, really? Are you serious or is your account some kind of ironic larp that I'm not getting?
I love studying all sides

Virtual Cafe Awards

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
I've just finished Dopamine Nation by Anna Lembke. I highly recommend it, as it's what I needed to know to begin overcoming some of my bad behaviours

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

Reaction score
Awards
Can you suggest me any of you, books about psychological situations, feelings and social relationships.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm about 80% through both 'Il Principe' and 'Also Sprach Zarathustra'. I'd skimmed the latter before, but the first time I tried reading it (as a wee 16 year old) I wasn't able to parse Nietzsche's parables. They're both quite insightful and Nietzsche's work in particular is very touching at times. My most basic appraisal of each is that Machiavelli's work is important for understanding certain concrete aspects of human nature that people like to pretend aren't so and to give you an attitude adjustment to reality and, since this almost necessarily entails crushing idealism, the latter represents a re-birth of idealism in the human figure, to affirm a world in eternal recapitulation where the forms eternally recur.

Exqdia

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I am "a little bit late" but i'm currently reading the Yu-Gi-Oh Manga, going through the undubbed season 0.
Really cool thing to discover !

Virtual Cafe Awards