What are your opinions on a possible World War 3?

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 5891 times.

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
I know that we are all from different countries but I'm interested what everyone else thinks about the current situation in Iran right now. Especially since Iran retaliated with the death of Soleimani by firing missles at US bases in Iraq.

However it seems tensions are colliding down since the past few days especially when trump posted this on his Instagram
Screenshot-20200108-213340-Instagram.jpg

And it seems like Iran doesnt really want a war and just wanted to make a point?
https://www.rt.com/usa/477762-general-iran-strikes-intended-kill/

What do you think will happen? Will it start a nuclear winter especially since russia and china are both allies with Iran?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Darohan

Live the Hiraeth Dream
Reaction score
Awards
I think that at this point nobody really wants a war (except maybe Trump, since his approval ratings are lower than ever and war keeps presidents in power), as even those major players who are allies with Iran, such as China and Russia, have been avoiding it so far. Let's be honest, if China, Russia, or the US wanted to start WWIII, they would've done so by now. World nuclear superpowers don't need a reason/"act of aggression", they have enough political power and media control to simply make one up and run with it. There's a lot of really questionable leadership and politics in the world right now, but I think even the worst leaders have enough sanity left in them to realise that starting a "Great War" now would mean the utter desolation of their nation (Except maybe China, but I'll get there in a sec), both from within and without, as the world and citizens alike respond with a collective "yeah, nah, f**k1 that". As I said, the one exception here is China, who has the kind of terrifying power that means they could start and win a world war if they wanted to - and everyone knows it. This means that they can keep doing whatever they want without fear of outside interference, so why bother with the economic strain of a war? To them, their populace is of better use in a workforce than in a war. I do believe there is a conflict coming, but I believe it will be of the kind we are currently seeing in Hong Kong or Armenia, as general discontent with the way governments are being managed seems to be steadily rising. There won't be a "world war" as we know it, but rather a "world at war [with itself]", and though that doesn't sound like a good thing (and, it isn't), it's far better than a nuclear winter that nobody asked for. As someone from the literal other side of the world from most of this (Australian), I might be missing some politics things that are key to understanding this conflict - especially since we're pre-occupied with the south-east side of the country burning to the ground - but that's just how it seems from my perspective. I've also got this message of unity from Matthew Mercer to share, to remind us all that we are strong and that no matter what comes of all this, humanity has lived through great peril before and we will do it again.

1 What's the stance on swearing around here? I never checked and I know it can be tight on forum websites

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Wow that's a very well written and thought out response, it seems to me that war is a very real possibility if there is any causalities in the american side but I do see your point that if they want war they would of started it already. I guess they just keep using proxies for there battles and we will see that happens in the next few days. It may be that the media are blowing it out of proportion and the memes are getting out of hand. I saw on Trumps recent instagram post and the comments are just full of arabic speakers trolling him lol oh well. And It's awful what's happening in Australia I hope you are safe.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Darohan

Live the Hiraeth Dream
Reaction score
Awards
admin said:
Wow that's a very well written and thought out response, it seems to me that war is a very real possibility if there is any causalities in the american side but I do see your point that if they want war they would of started it already. I guess they just keep using proxies for there battles and we will see that happens in the next few days. It may be that the media are blowing it out of proportion and the memes are getting out of hand. I saw on Trumps recent instagram post and the comments are just full of arabic speakers trolling him lol oh well. And It's awful what's happening in Australia I hope you are safe.

Thanks. I, personally, am doing fine. The area in which I live is surprisingly lacking in fire compared to other areas in the country. As a country we seem to be getting better - a few of our worst fires are over, and it's raining in NSW now so that's helpful, but the damage the fires left will take a while to repair. I think you're right about the media and the memes. Both Trump and Iran have mentioned "peace talks" and de-escalation, even in light of the recent plane crash for which Iran seems to be at fault. All in all, we seem like we're going to dodge around the projected "world war" :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The Cold War was WW3...if you wanna stretch it, some scholars consider the Napoleanic Wars to be the first world war

Warfare is evolved beyond traditional warfare though. There will never be another war like the wars of our forefathers

Virtual Cafe Awards

D E E S O L V T I O N

////☠[SXRCΣRΣЯ'z $0C13tY]☠////
Reaction score
Awards
Greg_Delta said:
The Cold War was WW3...if you wanna stretch it, some scholars consider the Napoleanic Wars to be the first world war

Warfare is evolved beyond traditional warfare though. There will never be another war like the wars of our forefathers

I Think the same as you. The world was divided in two and the conflicts developed in other areas or other ways, but the essence of conflict was there, and without being a catastrophic war on a battlefield, it change the world like the previous two... i don't know, that's what i think hehe ;D

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
D E E S O L V T I O N said:
Greg_Delta said:

I Think the same as you. The world was divided in two and the conflicts developed in other areas or other ways, but the essence of conflict was there, and without being a catastrophic war on a battlefield, it change the world like the previous two... i don't know, that's what i think hehe ;D

Well conflict will always exist in humanity.

But in terms of mass invasions and in person combat...so much of the military is mechanized, electronic and even from space. Like there will never be the need for a Normandy landing. Well just launch nukes, or an EMP or whatever.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Zalseon

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I think it'll be US, Russia and China fighting over oil and minerals exposed by global warming. Most of ti will be arctic and tundra warfare and nukes will never get used. That's danger-zone tactics and besides, MOABs can do the same without MAD events. Canada, Russia, and the poles will be big battlespaces, with space stuff happening constantly. hypersonic missiles will get deployed at fist, but after the first like 3, everybody's gonna throw the treaties in the trash and have orbital defense units. I thin it'll be tense as hell, but the outcome will be WAAAAAY less horrific then people fear.

I think we'll end up (if we're winning) invading China on the premise of Uyghur genocide and they'll be a ton of war-crime trials there. I think most likely China will stay out and try to profit off the US and Russia behind the scenes before the rest of asia takes notice and starts some shit, because who the hell wants china as king of the world after WWIII? I think east Asia will turn into it's own blood bath that'll outpace the Arctic warzones real fast and by the time that war concludes we may actually see uninvolved nations funding and investing in space colonization thru private groups that the population on earth may drop by a couple of billion by the time the war ends, and almost none of it due to deaths.

I think drones will be everywhere but they'll be modestly effective at best because the US leads in it, and we still have serious cyber-sec issues. Chinese and Russian drones will be playing constant catch-up and their cyber-warfare will, at best, be barely keeping those forces alive as we overcompensate and make full blown terminator drones that shred 100 of theirs before being taken out.

American Stealth tech is probably gonna advance, and Russian and Chinese counters to US assets will likely shift drastically but otherwise they'll try to compete with us on our tactically turfs. China's numerical superiority will fade as the tech gets better so does cost and by the time they've outfitted 30 percent of their forces with modern tech that actually works, they be staring the bankruptcy barrel and they have a massive troop draw down. Russia's amphibious centric forces though are gonna be a very severe threat on the ground. (seriously look into the Russian mud season)

Deleted member 2040

If a WW3 happens, I believe it'd have to do with either rogue AI or fighting over water and food resources during a mass famine / drought.

Deleted member 2006

Its either gonna be: Turks in russia fighting for a Turanic state, Uyghurs fighting for freedom or Iran and USA fighting for em juicy juicy black juice in the ground.

Jouissaint

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I think nothing short of a hot war, "hot" here meaning "undeniably obvious to any onlooker", will unify the West. Right now, all of the tapdancing around Xinjiang through economic "sanctions" (really, harsh words and continued unremitting support from the UN and similar international organizations) and the now-abandoned trade war are smoke and mirrors. No one actually wants to fight China, which is why there's so much geopolitical gaslighting going on. Maybe Russia would -- its people were ripped off after the fall of communism thanks to collusion between the state and oligarchs; all they've wanted for decades is to be a world superpower again, hence their top-notch military -- but their hatred for the United States and its allies, and proximity to China, make that seem unlikely. Here's my estimation: either we'll see liberal democracy continue to fall from grace, or we'll see a multi-pronged war unlike anything in history. I'm talking mass propaganda through digital media, attacks on the Internet and power grids, etc. When you become dependent on luxury, you make yourself vulnerable.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

TRXTR

Classified Personnel Only Past This Point
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
krowznezt.net
There are rumors in the paranormal corners of the internet that WWIII has already been going on, in the depths of the human mind, complete with remote viewing agents, psyker operatives and time traveling Doomsday-Stopping missions. What is the true reality of the situation: only time will tell...

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
It will save me from having to learn a new language and joining a militia somewhere.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I think it'll be US, Russia and China fighting over oil and minerals exposed by global warming.
Bruh. Where is this guy and how do we tap into his foresight?

Virtual Cafe Awards

IronDreamer

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Whatever happens, it will end up with "global governance" getting stronger. The only current debate between the elites seems to be how much of a share each oligrarch will get from the monetized/UN controlled resources. There isn't an actual disagreement between them, see how opposing countries basically do all the same things with rolling out coofid nonsense or how the US, Russia and China are all calling for more "global governance".

Of course >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk man will tell you it's a chaotic mess between nation states and because they are always online loners that no people who attend like 5 conferences with their power peers a year can organize or something, and we need a world goverment to make it work... wait a minute, that's SUS

TL;DR: Will China or the US have the upper hand in the New World Order

The stakes never been higher, yet so boring and predictable

Virtual Cafe Awards
Can you just imagine how insane the bureaucracy would be of a world government. Good luck getting copies of important documents there are 30 million people ahead of you in line.

Can you just imagine how many people it'd take to administer the world. Lmfao. And half of them do zero work. It's all the inefficiency of our current system but magnified.

Imagine trying to resolve disputes under a one world government and having the discussion take centuries because nobody wants to negotiate, and when they do, it's trapped in committee hell.

It would not work due to the amounts of global red tape. Right now the US solves a lot of pollution problems by just exporting the junk to China. The Chinese think it's valuable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IronDreamer

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Can you just imagine how insane the bureaucracy would be of a world government. Good luck getting copies of important documents there are 30 million people ahead of you in line.

Can you just imagine how many people it'd take to administer the world. Lmfao. And half of them do zero work. It's all the inefficiency of our current system but magnified.

Imagine trying to resolve disputes under a one world government and having the discussion take centuries because nobody wants to negotiate, and when they do, it's trapped in committee hell.

It would not work due to the amounts of global red tape. Right now the US solves a lot of pollution problems by just exporting the junk to China. The Chinese think it's valuable.
They already have all the people they need to administrate the world. I think the "world goverment" wouldn't look like a world marching under the UN flag. It would be big trading blocks eg. EU, NAFTA etc. mediated by supranational organs like GATT/WTO, the WHO etc.

Simply you need to sign up to these groups and follow their agenda, if you want to be able to participate in trade etc. It's not dissimilar to how the European Union dissolves the autonomy of the states inside it by making them reliant on it's market and standards. Sovereignty is like muscles, use it or lose it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

EvilEyesEvilLies

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I do not see WW3 as being nuclear warfare but instead cyber warfare, it'll be a war with more code strings typed then there are bullets.

Virtual Cafe Awards