What are your thoughts on Trump's Separation of Families

PsychoPete

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
This is a manufactured humanitarian crisis implemented by the Trump administration. No parent should ever have their child taken from them just for legally seeking asylum. We now have a responsibility to do everything can to get every single child and parent reunited. There shouldn't be a single dollar spent on the wall before this crisis is resolved.

And on can argue that this is a form of Genocide :mad:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide

Article II of the Convention defines genocide as:
... any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: [...]
(b) Causing serious bodily harm, or harm to mental health, to members of the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

What sickens me is that, as an American citizen, this is being done in my name. Policies like these are abhorrent, and we can't wash our hands of it by simply saying we didn't vote for that guy. Our President is a callous, pitiful excuse for a human being and likely a traitor, yet we're stuck with him until 20 senators decide it's in their self interest to toss him aside.

Virtual Cafe Awards

William

Too tired for school
Reaction score
I agree, completely. I have a Republican friend who tried saying stuff like "what about this child of a military man who died." You're right, its awful, but the fact that the man had a choice and knew the risks in the army while thousands of families are being ripped apart and may never being seen again isn't something anyone wants or intended. Absolutely ridiculous.

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
Even if it was illegal to do what the caravans and all the migrants, etc. do, criminals are still human and deserve human rights, and even then if they were committing a crime, deporting people or putting them in these diet concentration camps obviously disobeys the 8th amendment.

And you can't even argue it's because of a risk of crime increase bc immigration doesn't increase crime, at least not enough to break the 0% margin in most cases. and even then, why is it always Mexican immigrants? I'm sure there are Canadians or Italians or other people who come here illegally, why do we not give them media spotlight? Oh yeah, because they're white enough to get a pass in the eyes of the government.

Virtual Cafe Awards