what browser do you use

4d1

net spelunker
Reaction score
Awards
I switched from Firefox I think for like school or something because I lot of the browsers apps I needed for classes wouldn't load in anything but chrome but I never returned and I probably should
yeah, this
i used to use firefox a lot, but then i came across the Arc browser (by thebrowsercompany - https://thebrowser.company/)

it's essentially chrome but reskinned to have a lot of cool features, but i just like the way it uses vertical tabs on a sidebar and can use full screen to make it feel like a regular window without any interuptions of ui

its currently only macos and invite only rn and ik i sound like a shill for it, but its genuinely so good. can be clunky at times because of chromium but i enjoy it but it also means i can do all the chromium enabled stuff so its worth trading privacy for ig haha

the glowies were always gonna find me

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Vivaldi. A friend told me to use it years ago and it's what I've gotten used to at this point.

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Opera Gx, mainly for all of the controls and customization

Virtual Cafe Awards

4d1

net spelunker
Reaction score
Awards
Mozilla Firefox (despite the fact that I think it's a dead browser with insignificant market share) and sometimes I play with the Arc browser.

Yeah, Arc is quite an interesting concept, the sidebar stuff is way more complex than the Sidebery extension I'm using for Firefox, and honestly I think they might have something cool there. The massive amount of telemetry though ... that's what's pissing me off. But once you block all the Google and TheBrowser (parent company of Arc) domains, the network chatter subsides.
If someone wants an invite to Arc let me know, I think I can invite one person per week, or something.
yeah the few things that keep me returning to firefox are:

a) the fact that arc runs so slow, probably due to what you are saying. sometimes the animations lag hard and it becomes borderline unusable, + theres no way to stop it auto updating (although at least there's weekly updates so things get fixed regularly)

b) privacy paranoia (its chromium + who knows what arc could do with stuff as private and personal as browser data, not that i think they would sell data as they're new but that's the thing; they're new players so i'm sceptical of their privacy practices + am kinda schizo when it comes to stuff like that, firefox just feels more comfortable)

c) themes, unironically lol