What country (besides your home) do you feel the strongest affinity for and why?

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私はアメリカと言わなければならないでしょう。私は倫理的にオランダ人ですが、オランダに行ったことはありませんが、アメリカにはたくさん行ったことがあります。私はカリフォルニア、オレゴン、コロラド、ボストン、そして他の多くの場所に行ったことがあります。私はアメリカが好きです、アメリカ人は良い感性と文化を持っています

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
違いはたくさんあり、あなたのような大きな国では、トーンとスタイルの大きな変化は避けられません。アメリカは数か所以上です。それはたくさんの場所であり、すべて独自の習慣や物事のやり方があります。

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

Very good question! Having travelled a bit, I'm going to say from experience Peru, especially the Andes region (was there for several months). Even though I'm not from there, nor speak the language nor am aware of how bad the current socioeconomic / sociopolitical is - especially during this pandemic - there's just something absolutely incredible you feel as you travel through some high mountain passes on a partially washed out 10 foot wide road seeing 4000+ feet down into the jungle...
Peru's just an enchanted land, and sometimes you really feel like it's an undiscovered new world. Sometimes I fantasize if Skyrim would've taken place in some parts of Peru...
But for a place I've never been to, Mongolia / Central Asia is the place for me. Just something about the vast steppe, nomadic lifestyle, horses, shamanism, and most of all Genghis Khan...

mongolia douhka GIF by euronews

Deleted member 2040

Some people in Peru have a nomadic lifestyle just like people in Central Asia,They also look some what alike
That is true. Genetically speaking, the current hypothesis on human migration does suggest all Indigenous Americans (from both North and South America) originated from parts of Siberia, and yes, I could somewhat agree with you that some Indigenous Peruvians do look very similar to people from Central and Southeastern Asia!
From what I learned from living among the Quechua (in the Andes), they've lived agriculturally for thousands of years due to their amazing domestication of the potato, quinoa, and other staple foods, thus eliminating the need for a nomadic lifestyle. I can't speak for the Aymara or other indigenous groups in other regions like the coast, let alone the Amazon (completely different story).
Much like Central Asia, Peru is VERY diverse not only in cultures, languages but landscapes and ecosystems too. Approximately 150 different types of ecosystems can be found in Peru alone, not to mention my favorite ecosystem, the cloud forest (pictured below), which might become virtually extinct within 50 years...

Wayqecha%2B1.jpg

1995.BAT♒︎

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
ITALY.

I really don't know why, maybe because I love the sound of their accents, maybe because their food is amazing, maybe because they have centuries and centuries of culture.

In 2011 I started a new hobbie of finding more about my ancestry... after some years into it, I found italians in my mother's lineage. After that, the passion for this european beauty grew even more.

For those wondering (or not) about wich family I descend from: Lomellini from Genoa.

Virtual Cafe Awards

niuenso

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
niuenso.com
ITALY.

I really don't know why, maybe because I love the sound of their accents, maybe because their food is amazing, maybe because they have centuries and centuries of culture.

In 2011 I started a new hobbie of finding more about my ancestry... after some years into it, I found italians in my mother's lineage. After that, the passion for this european beauty grew even more.

For those wondering (or not) about wich family I descend from: Lomellini from Genoa.
We indeed do have centuries and centuries of culture. I'd say we probably have too much culture and we do a terrible job at preserving it sadly.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ETierhuman

MAIN EVENT ETIER IS NOW IN YOUR FORUM!!!!!
Reaction score
Awards
America
seeing all those jokes about over patriotism translates into me
i act like a patriot
i became a patriot
DEMOCRACYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hmmmm, mostly asian countries, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, China, those countries had their own unique aesthetics, culture, and history, also gastronomy (seafood is my favorite kind of meat), so many things that makes me feel, good, the only country beside asia that makes feel so good just to look at, is here in America and that place is Chile, is like basically the best country in all Latin America.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Australia, they live on a death island in which most is not habitable and the plants and animals there can easily kill you so you've gotta respect them for that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mauisun_user237

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm an American but I really connect with Germany and France. I've always been magnetized toward their music growing up and when I stayed there I seemed to really get along with people in those countries. French people seem really easy going and love to laugh, and Germans are super funny, I love their brutal honesty, even as a shy non-confrontational person I really feel put at ease by how direct they are. I like that no one bothers you when you're out in public either. I've been learning German to eventually move there so I can take the train non stop and eat heavenly bakery items. Honestly though, every country I visit makes me fall in love with it in some way.

Virtual Cafe Awards