What do you think happens after we die?

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cahcaw.nl
Thought I'd provoke one of those classic discussions for the heck of it.

As for my opinion, I think nothing happens and our consciousness is lost forever. We just go black, that's it, no more 'us'.

What I hope happens however is that we gain this ability to scroll through everyone's consciousness. That we get to see everyone's perspective on everything. That's I get to witness the feelings my bully had when he punched me, and the traumatic past he had that got him to that point. That I get to see what is going on in Putin's head and that I get to see Putin's reaction to witnessing the horrors in Ukraine.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Reincarnation baby, let's fucking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Virtual Cafe Awards

quick

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What kind of reincarnation though?
I think you come back as a human, and your physical state & living conditions are determined by your previous life - pretty straightforward, but the reasoning behind it is that I think all negativities in life exist as a pressure to squeeze you into positive decisions and ways of thinking. It is a way of learning and finding your way back to the creator, by fully realizing the underlying truths and consistencies of reality until you can move on to the next layer of existence. This is an explanation in somewhat cheesy and simple language, but I think it is enough

To be honest though recently I am becoming more and more interested in the significance of Jesus/the Bible in all this and I am having trouble reconciling the concept of heaven/hell with this concept of reincarnation. In the past I just figured that heaven is the transcendence and hell is the continuation - both a reference to reincarnating in a worse-off state, as well as the idea that hell is brought upon you by having an impure mind. In other words our physical reality is the "hell". The bible points towards a bit of a finality instead - it is hard to differentiate between what is a misdirection (can there exist a widely known sacred text without distortions to mislead - they in themselves being pressures to squeeze you towards true understanding?) and what is truth. I wish it were all truth

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cahcaw.nl
I think you come back as a human, and your physical state & living conditions are determined by your previous life - pretty straightforward, but the reasoning behind it is that I think all negativities in life exist as a pressure to squeeze you into positive decisions and ways of thinking. It is a way of learning and finding your way back to the creator, by fully realizing the underlying truths and consistencies of reality until you can move on to the next layer of existence. This is an explanation in somewhat cheesy and simple language, but I think it is enough

To be honest though recently I am becoming more and more interested in the significance of Jesus/the Bible in all this and I am having trouble reconciling the concept of heaven/hell with this concept of reincarnation. In the past I just figured that heaven is the transcendence and hell is the continuation - both a reference to reincarnating in a worse-off state, as well as the idea that hell is brought upon you by having an impure mind. In other words our physical reality is the "hell". The bible points towards a bit of a finality instead - it is hard to differentiate between what is a misdirection (can there exist a widely known sacred text without distortions to mislead - they in themselves being pressures to squeeze you towards true understanding?) and what is truth. I wish it were all truth
and is this a hope or is there something that actually points out 'this truth'? Like how do you know this for sure and not just wishful thinking?

Virtual Cafe Awards

mr.robot

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
probably you just die.. your consciousness ceases to exist. i find the reincarnation theory just based on pure hope because most people cant accept the fact that at some point they wont exist anymore. cant blame them though because its literally impossible to imagine yourself without a conscience.

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Even the hollow faithless response of just decomposing with nothing next, is an answer with faith in the idea that there's nothing after death.
There's nothing to suggest there's anything after death, and there's nothing to suggest there's nothing after death, so I'm gonna tell you it how I think it is:
After I die I'll get a mansion, a private heated/cooled swimming pool in the cool summer evening, alongside 77 virgins. Also Pi will equal 4 after death(mathematically and legally). As it should be...

Virtual Cafe Awards

anagram.nagaram

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Journal by author of NDEF. I like reading this stuff but who knows if it's true.

There's a common vision called the silver cord usually seen by those dying and reaches toward the heavens from their body. When my Grandad died he asked if I saw the silver string on his legs which went up to the ceiling. That's actually how I discovered the anomaly.

He also said he'd seen all his friends and they're waiting for us on the other side. So that's what I tend to believe.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
probably you just die.. your consciousness ceases to exist. i find the reincarnation theory just based on pure hope because most people cant accept the fact that at some point they wont exist anymore. cant blame them though because its literally impossible to imagine yourself without a conscience.
to be clear, i totally agree with this, but also believe in reincarnation. you are the universe, experiencing itself. when your meat body dies, "you", i.e. the universe experiencing itself through your meatness, is over. it's never coming back. you get recycled, no inkling of what you've been before, no connection, that's it for "you". "you" will never know your past or next lives, cause they are totally disconnected from you. anything else is wishful thinking.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
That sounds very Defeatist, nobody knows what happens after death, what if jews were right after all? I love to believe reincarnation is real, AND IS GONNA HAPPEN! I don't have proof but i don't have doubts either cowboy. :tou5:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06fZxoUQx0

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Even the hollow faithless response of just decomposing with nothing next, is an answer with faith in the idea that there's nothing after death.
There's nothing to suggest there's anything after death, and there's nothing to suggest there's nothing after death, so I'm gonna tell you it how I think it is:
After I die I'll get a mansion, a private heated/cooled swimming pool in the cool summer evening, alongside 77 virgins. Also Pi will equal 4 after death(mathematically and legally). As it should be...
based heaven :gigachad:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
Death is the result of chemical impurities in the body. The Federal Government (you know who they really are), and their slave races want you to believe that dying is a natural process. Really it's the result of chemical additives in the water supply and refractive aerosols in the magnetosphere that cause you to die. If you avoid these things or purify your body regularly you don't have anything to worry about (I do this). It's shocking, what the powers that be will do to justify harvesting adrenochrome from the victims of "SIDS".

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
This is a very heavy topic and also an interesting one but I'll share what I know and speculate.

The first thing I want to share is the theory of Conservation of matter. It's a pretty simple idea from physics and chemistry, but it really had me THINKING. Could that same theory apply to death and our "souls"? Are we actually never dead we just inhabit something else? Return back to the universe? I don't know but I really want to believe that this is the "scientific" evidence of what happens after death.

Also, I want to bring up the religious interpretation. I don't care if you guys hate me for this but I want the truth to be told. I really want to believe that Heaven and Sheol exist. The reason being is how fundamentally evil the human race is. People SHOULD be held accountable for their actions and Sheol needs to exist because those who commit evil should be punished and deserve to be punished. I could go on about this one but it would take forever. TLDR: Heaven and Sheol should exist because of how we handle our free will.

Virtual Cafe Awards

quick

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
and is this a hope or is there something that actually points out 'this truth'? Like how do you know this for sure and not just wishful thinking?
There is no hope for things like this, only faith. And no, there is nothing I could know "for sure" I suppose - if there was I probably wouldn't still be here! Just a belief you form through an internal search, meditation/prayer (same thing), etc. Trying to put the pieces all together. I was raised secular and considered myself atheist/agnostic until relatively recently. Originally started looking inward instead of outward for mental & physical health reasons, to resist the constant assault of current culture and understand the origin of immutable human traits within me, follow my intuition. That eventually lead me to a stronger understanding of spirituality & "metaphysical" concepts, which led me to here. I understand what you are saying by suggesting it is just wishful thinking, but "wishful thinking" I think implies "hope", which doesn't really explain the mindset properly

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Death is the result of chemical impurities in the body. The Federal Government (you know who they really are), and their slave races want you to believe that dying is a natural process. Really it's the result of chemical additives in the water supply and refractive aerosols in the magnetosphere that cause you to die. If you avoid these things or purify your body regularly you don't have anything to worry about (I do this). It's shocking, what the powers that be will do to justify harvesting adrenochrome from the victims of "SIDS".
take your pills

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Journal by author of NDEF. I like reading this stuff but who knows if it's true.

There's a common vision called the silver cord usually seen by those dying and reaches toward the heavens from their body. When my Grandad died he asked if I saw the silver string on his legs which went up to the ceiling. That's actually how I discovered the anomaly.

He also said he'd seen all his friends and they're waiting for us on the other side. So that's what I tend to believe.
Imagine needing an academic source for metaphysics. I LOVE SCIENCE

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
take your pills
I don't imbue toxic substances onto the fabric of my soul. If you know how, you can live off of pure sunlight alone. Not the adulterated stuff though. When you die your soul will be enslaved to the cabal of serial killers and Screen Actor's Guild flooseys that tell you which pills to take. Good luck.

Virtual Cafe Awards