What do you think of the Y2K revival?

The Long Serpent

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
To be honest I find the Backstreet Boys more appealing than BTS. Just give it some time and Backstreet BoyWave will be great.
I highly doubt it, but who knows for sure.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xX.majin_TwEeN.Xx

Staticbender
Reaction score
Awards
Website
humanraccoon.com
Much like every interesting fashion subpocket, odd trend and everything else that crops up these days: it gets viewed as a novelty, people enjoy it in passing and then put it away in favor of living their 21st century granola life.

At this point it doesn't matter if a Y2K revival catches on in any meaningful way, because the majority of human beings these days have no capacity to attach to anything that requires any amount of extra effort to pull off.

Virtual Cafe Awards

scaldanon

The Rememberer of the Before Times
Reaction score
Awards
Much like every interesting fashion subpocket, odd trend and everything else that crops up these days: it gets viewed as a novelty, people enjoy it in passing and then put it away in favor of living their 21st century granola life.

At this point it doesn't matter if a Y2K revival catches on in any meaningful way, because the majority of human beings these days have no capacity to attach to anything that requires any amount of extra effort to pull off.
Absolutely correct. This Y2K "revival" is just going to influence the clothes the kids are wearing in their tiktok videos.

Talon

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been dressing the same since high school (Y2K-era) so, as an old person, I'm glad to know my clothes are once again trendy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I just hope it will be able produce something in the spirit of days gone bye and not just be a skin for the ever present nostalgia industry.