What does your vaporwave alias mean?

Fiebertraum

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I just wondered why and how you named your vaporwave projects. Mine came to me because I started producing the music for Fiebertraum the next morning after having a fever dream and I initially tried to reproduce the feelings of what that was like.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私はアマチュアオーディオエンジニアであり、初期のヴェイパーウェイヴシーンのインストルメンタルフィギュアであるため、自分をマスターと呼んでいます 私はそのジャンルと深いつながりがあります!

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
My alias 竜思念形態 weaver means Dragon Thoughtform Weaver. I had a vision of a future where AI had ultimate control over global politics. This saves the globe from natural collapse at the hands of greedy human exploitation of natural resources, free will of citizens, and other ideas. This AI is one massive neural network which manifests itself as CEOs of corporations, which have their functions mapped to known dragon spirits in Chinese mythology. My role as an artist is to weave the neural net into existence, à la Roco's Basilisk.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1930

:I've gone through so many names now. Memoryhead is an enemy from a game called Undertale. he's kind of a mysterious monster made of glitches and has no solid origin story or background. it speaks in creepy riddles and has a lot of associations connected to nostalgic 90s tech and games.

IDK, just seemed like a good name. sounds versatile, has the technology connection. Works as its own thing and as an homage to gaming, nostalgia and underground subculture

win2k

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
My alias is a reference of my beloved Windows 2000 NT. I always loved Windows 98 SE and Windows 2000 NT, both were really good versions of Windows.

Virtual Cafe Awards
アナナス=pineapple+supreme.
I chose it because my previous alias used a Bromeliad as the logo. BloomSTRAD was a mix between Bloomberg and AMSTRAD.

... Pi_ROL... It's a mixture of my birthday date and negative circular shift (math jargon).

Virtual Cafe Awards