Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

VaporwaveVista

Mr.Vista
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
What was the thing that made you realize you loved Vaporwave? For me, it was Windows96's "Enchanted Instrumentals and Whispers", but yours could be anything from an album, to an image, to an online encounter!
@SPLIFFRADIOSHOW
SPLIFF Radio's Vaporwave Mix of Midnight Television blessed me for the rest of my life <3 #vaporwave #Dreampunk

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私にとって、それはコンセプトの可能性と斬新さでした。幼い頃から実験に惹かれてきました。私はいつも限界を押し広げ、限界を打ち破ることを楽しんできました。この音楽を作ることで、楽しく建設的な方法で夢中になります。特に夢中になったアルバムを指すことはできませんが、制作は主に私の専門分野です

私は病気の力を持つマッドサイエンティストです

マッドサイエンティスト.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
a youtuber i liked used to use WhiteWoods for their outro music and at the same time i was falling down the 'chill lofi beats' rabbit hole
Pyro, by any chance? Beach Walk is a great song.

Virtual Cafe Awards

jimmyz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I think It was about five years ago when I have first heard of vaporwave. I remember we were visiting my uncle and his family on their real estate in Budva. My cousins were into vaporware music. I don't remember what song was the first I have heard but I remember that I really liked it.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
私にとって、それはコンセプトの可能性と斬新さでした。幼い頃から実験に惹かれてきました。私はいつも限界を押し広げ、限界を打ち破ることを楽しんできました。この音楽を作ることで、楽しく建設的な方法で夢中になります。特に夢中になったアルバムを指すことはできませんが、制作は主に私の専門分野です

私は病気の力を持つマッドサイエンティストです

View attachment 8209
I think thatwhat got me hooked onto vaporwave was listening to that Midnight Television mix when lurking the deep net late at night. I also gotta say the creative potential aspect is quite the thing too. As such Vaporwave allows for a lot of creativity.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Boxerdog

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
You can control the zeitgeist of your environment by music(magic), i am usually tasked with being the DJ at [redacted activity1] and [redacted activity2]. I see it as directing a play and picking the appropiate sound track for the scene at hand.

Vaporwave and its subgenres provides a good synchronous amalagaman of vibes while still being able to fine tune it to the task depending on the artist. And since it has big variety within itself that you can have a full day with just a few albums and not feel samey.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
What was the thing that made you realize you loved Vaporwave? For me, it was Windows96's "Enchanted Instrumentals and Whispers", but yours could be anything from an album, to an image, to an online encounter!
I only got into that particular album recently after hearing it on Nothing, Forever. I've been listening to it several times a week ever since. It's a very satisfying album

I'm not sure what the first thing really was that got me into vaporwave, but it tied in pretty closely with my first exposure to Bandcamp. Dream Catalogue posted a bunch of really nice releases online for free, like Chungking Mansion's 安全出口EXIT空间和时间 and Subaeris's New Tokyo Blue Mood

Business Casual also had their entire discography for $1, which was like what, 100 releases? There are a lot of gems in there too, like DELTA金TOPCO's History Magic XYZ, Future Girlfriend's Pink Dance EP ピンクのダンス, and Desired's Lovestory which kind of got more into the future funk territory, but still had plenty of "classic" vaporwave too

There was also a lot of indie synthwave people would post alongside these, like Sellorekt/LA Dreams' flash-in-the-pan release Nostalgia (the track LA Dreams is a fucking mood. He hasn't made anything like this since, last I checked), or the Undead Audio who really needs to cut his average 1-track-per-year release schedule and actually put out an album already because I would throw down a bucket of money for one

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it was lurking /mu/ that got me into this the more I think about it

Virtual Cafe Awards