What games do you play that you hate to love?

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Minecraft, I've played it since 2011 and it was a prominent childhood game, but now the dev team is so absurdly shit that they struggle to bring out updates that a 16 year old on the Minecraft Forum could have released after a month's work. I miss the Notch era when the game had more charm, better mod support, and wasn't run by that bugman Jeb who threw his friend Notch under the bus. Also yeah that's another thing, I hate how the whole company treated Notch after selling the game to Microsoft all because he didn't have the same political beliefs as McDonalds and Starbucks. Minecraft is now in the hand of scum who can't meet deadlines and are frankly shit people, fuck 'em.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. How does it take them two delays, over a YEAR AND A HALF AFTER IT WAS INITIALLY ANNOUNCED, to add the Warden and underground cities? Any modder worth their salt could have done all that and more in the initial 6-month timespan. I'm also really not a fan of the mob polls they do. Why not add all 3? It's not like this is some big feature, for the most recent poll a mod team coded all 3 mobs into the game, perfectly, in the span of less than a week. It's pathetic how slowly stuff gets done.

The only saving grace is that once it does finally get finished, the content they add is usually pretty good, which is interestingly kind of the opposite of modern AAA+ game disasters like cyberpunk, anthem, fallout, battlefield, etc. Which is worse? A game releasing as an unfinished, buggy mess and then over several more years slowly getting patched into a playable state, or a game that takes forever for any new updates to come out, and when they do come out there's not even that much added, but the stuff that does get added is pretty good?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3578

I'm a fan of the Sega Master System, and 80's gaming in general. I play a lotta kusoge. And I love it.

xX.majin_TwEeN.Xx

Staticbender
Reaction score
Awards
Website
humanraccoon.com
I don't understand this mentality. If you like something, just like it. Guilty pleasures, cringe culture, etc. purely exist to shame the general populous into at least presenting the illusion of conformity to maintain the infrastructure of brainwashing put in place by the evil lizards who run corporations and the government.

Virtual Cafe Awards

proto

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
CSGO, one of the few games Im actually somewhat decent at and enjoy if:
- i have a premade with friends
- the enemy team is competent and actually fights tooth and nail to win

Usually its a fucking salt mine, and most of the time I just turn into a fucking sweat lord which sours the experience for my friends when we actually get halfway decent opponents. Those matches that you stomp or get stomped are rarely fun.

Also I kind of stopped playing vidya, since its not fun for me anymore. Binged some Rising Storm 2 (didnt enjoy that much) and tried playing Va11halla again. Fuck me lads, the bartender sim is mega comfy.

Attachments

• rolled this bitch up just for you g nipah~.jpg
    rolled this bitch up just for you g nipah~.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 44
Virtual Cafe Awards