• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

What games have you been playing lately?

Reaction score
Awards
MGS3 was Hideo's magnum opus. But MGS4 was pretty solid.
MGS 3 was my third favorite, but tbh all the franchise is his magnum opus, not to be rude, but i doubt kojima could make a better game than metal gear lol, i literally have 0 interest in death stranding.

Virtual Cafe Awards

PatHeadroom

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
MGS 3 was my third favorite, but tbh all the franchise is his magnum opus, not to be rude, but i doubt kojima could make a better game than metal gear lol, i literally have 0 interest in death stranding.
I agree with you. He couldn't make a better game than MGS. Death Stranding, I really tried to get into it because it has Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen. But I stopped playing it five hours into it.

There's no a bad game in the MGS series.

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I regularly get the urge to play Morrowind again and reinstall it for a new character.
I'm also a purist when it comes to modding my games. I rarely mod and when I do, I try to keep them as low key as possible, usually limiting to QoL changes or minor tweaks.

The biggest mod for Morrowind has to be Tamriel Rebuilt and although I have been hearing from it for literal years now, I never tried it due to my purism. Until recently!
And damn, I was missing out. Never ever have I seen such a passion project by fans before. The scale and at the sime time amount of details is stunning. The quest design and wirting is actually good, oftentimes better than the main game. Voice actors, artists, writers and programmers did a fantastic job.
They also did some interesting things with the scripting and engine which I didn't expect. In one Dwemer Ruin we can place bomb charges to blow open walls and you get a 5 second countdown+ explosion and animation as an example.
I feel bad for sleeping on it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
I regularly get the urge to play Morrowind again and reinstall it for a new character.
I'm also a purist when it comes to modding my games. I rarely mod and when I do, I try to keep them as low key as possible, usually limiting to QoL changes or minor tweaks.

The biggest mod for Morrowind has to be Tamriel Rebuilt and although I have been hearing from it for literal years now, I never tried it due to my purism. Until recently!
And damn, I was missing out. Never ever have I seen such a passion project by fans before. The scale and at the sime time amount of details is stunning. The quest design and wirting is actually good, oftentimes better than the main game. Voice actors, artists, writers and programmers did a fantastic job.
They also did some interesting things with the scripting and engine which I didn't expect. In one Dwemer Ruin we can place bomb charges to blow open walls and you get a 5 second countdown+ explosion and animation as an example.
I feel bad for sleeping on it.
Remember to also check out Skyrim Home of the Nords. Project Tamriel is the umbrella project for Tramriel Rebuilt, Skyrim Home of the Nords and Cyrodill, they share scripts, audio and visual assets.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Remember to also check out Skyrim Home of the Nords. Project Tamriel is the umbrella project for Tramriel Rebuilt, Skyrim Home of the Nords and Cyrodill, they share scripts, audio and visual assets.
Why are they different projects? I thought TR's goal was to one day have the entirety of Tamriel accessible in TESIII.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
TR started out that way, but it took too long so they only decided to build the rest of Morrowind.
Oooh didn't know. But it's probably better to subdivide it into smaller projects. I'll check them out some day. TR alone already has content for probably 100s of hours already!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Whenever I have some downtime on my travels, I'm replaying Chrono Trigger. I got the Android version which in turn is based on the DS version.
Now that I'm missing only one character in the group, I realized something I never did before: You gain a new party member in every epoch you visit but the antiquity (12000 BC). Considering this is by far the most original and interesting time period you visit, I think it's kinda sad that you don't get a party member here. (Edit: nvm, I forgor that Magus is technically from that era)

Also here's an early sketch of the group:
FhVs1pKVEAAExaA.jpg

Masato Kato's original sketches of the main characters. From left to right: the daughter of a fairy king, a tin robot (top), a monster man (bottom), an inventor girl, the male protagonist, a demon king, a primitive girl, and an old sage.

Maybe the old sage was meant to come from Zeal?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Got back into minecraft against my better judgement. Playing with a handful of mods.
Just today I finished my Pyramid exterior. 65x65. Solid sandstone with copper trim and cap.
2023-04-10_21.57.21.png

2023-04-10_21.57.58.png

2023-04-10_21.58.20.png

2023-04-10_21.59.00.png

Now I can get to work on the interior living and working quarters.
Once that's done, I'm setting my sights on an even bigger monument...
bass-pro-pyramid-memphis-night_s.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
votv.png

Cool game, I don't vibe much with the signal decoding stuff, but it's nice to explore the big map (and the dev did a fantastic job of emulating the Source engine quirks on Unreal Engine)

capsule_616x353.jpg

I love this game. I like to go through it as fast as possible, speedrunning it. The mechanics have a very good feel to them (though it has a few bugs here and there) and there's a few crazy tricks that allow you to skip large parts of some levels. The experience something like controlled chaos. 10/10 good stuff, but a little short

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sandman

Virtual Dream Lurker
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing Predator Hunting grounds on the PS4. Its fun as hell, getting hunted by the Predator or being the Predator. So far I feel like it stays true to the movie. What is everyone else's go to games at the moment?
Im playin to much rimworld lately, still don't know how to do a lot of things and im too lazy to go watch tutorials
Playin old school i guess

qwerty

Don't be autistic challenge (GONE WRONG)
Reaction score
Awards
I don't have a lot of times for video games anymore but I try to sneak in a hand of mahjong here and there. It'd be nice to get one of those fancy tables one day but for now I only play online.
mahjong-mahjong-table.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards