What games have you been playing lately?

Ixion_SEROV

Y2K Hype Beast
Reaction score
Awards
I personally have been on a retro-JRPG binge as of late. When I was a kid, I didn't really have the level of dedication I have now, so I'm showing some love to that amazing section of the PS1's library. Final Fantasy 9, Vagrant Story, Vandal Hearts, Legend of Dragoon, Suikoden 2, Star Ocean: Second Story. The list goes on and on.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

pixel_star_ghost

friendly ghost lost on the wired
Reaction score
Awards
lately i've been playing sakuna of rice & ruin and etrian odyssey nexus ^^

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reaction score
Awards
I've recently beaten the main episodes of Blood. Game is really smooth and has a high difficulty ceiling.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Chrono Trigger for the first time.
Now this is a truly special experience.

About to start playing Mind Scanners. Its a retro cyberpunk/1984ish themed game about reprogramming "insane" people to fit into the society of The Structure.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Now this is a truly special experience.

About to start playing Mind Scanners. Its a retro cyberpunk/1984ish themed game about reprogramming "insane" people to fit into the society of The Structure.

Thing is, I have an excuse now to play all these games I missed out on, or replay old favorites

I have a 7 year old niece, so I love showing her these games. she loves Zelda and Mario and Kirby and metroid

we're working through earthbound now

when she gets a little bit older I wanna show her mother 3 and undertale too

naa

Thing is, I have an excuse now to play all these games I missed out on, or replay old favorites

I have a 7 year old niece, so I love showing her these games. she loves Zelda and Mario and Kirby and metroid

That's really sweet, being able to relive old games like that or experience new ones with your niece seems really nice. PepSiDawgwitcan

Don't forget the final fantasy series!

Virtual Cafe Awards
I've been meaning to go through the Haunted PS1 Demo Disc, really excited about it, I'm also looking forward to the full releases of a lot of the games in the demo. I also recently played Water Womb World, super short and free, really recommend. The visuals are great, honestly everything about it is surreal, spooky and beautiful, it's a pretty haunting game. These are both on itchio so I included links.

I played a ton of World of Horror a while ago, really cool game with a retro-feel that came out about 2 years ago. It has a lot of clear references to folklore, PC-98 games, Junji Ito, and a bunch of other cool things wrapped up pretty seamlessly into one game. It's still in early access but there's a lot of content and nothing's broken. I really like the gameplay and all the mysteries in it.

I'm also just playing a lot of Animal Crossing.:NikoSip:
I need to check out that haunted PS1 demo! Thanks for the mention.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love

naa

I need to check out that haunted PS1 demo! Thanks for the mention.
:SataniaThumbsUp:Heads up there's easter eggs in a lot of it if you're into looking for stuff like that, and some of the games from the first demo disc have full versions out now
It's really fun and totally worth checking out

Duvet

Drowning In Nostalgia
Reaction score
Awards
I have been playing a bunch of different games recently! EmilyIsAway for the Nostalgia hit, and a bunch of Star Trek Online. I also picked up Necromunda: Hired Gun but it crashed during one of the early missions and I haven't loaded it up since then, I probably should.

Virtual Cafe Awards