What games have you been playing lately?

Merzcat

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
been considering buying a switch. almost 100% just for botw lol
it's an amazing concept and could be the greatest console since the PS2 if only it had a better library.
Aside for the typical Nintendo stuff there just isn't anything worthwhile showing up for the switch which is such a shame, when it released with games like Skyrim I thought tons of devs would port their 7th gen games to the switch but that hasn't really happened.
Then there is the lack of original third party games from notable devs, for example the psp ds both had original gta games but the switch hasn't had a single gta not even a port.

oh and don't forget about the drift
It happened to me and it's awful, whenever I'm collecting apples in AC my character will constantly turn around messing me up

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Been playing PSO2, it's pretty fun despite internalizing a lot of horrible modern game designs (gacha shit needs to die). Still doesn't feel like it matches up to PSO1, which I never got far into but it had a fantastic soundtrack and atmosphere. I see it sampled pretty often.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

it's an amazing concept and could be the greatest console since the PS2 if only it had a better library.
Aside for the typical Nintendo stuff there just isn't anything worthwhile showing up for the switch which is such a shame, when it released with games like Skyrim I thought tons of devs would port their 7th gen games to the switch but that hasn't really happened.
Then there is the lack of original third party games from notable devs, for example the psp ds both had original gta games but the switch hasn't had a single gta not even a port.

oh and don't forget about the drift
It happened to me and it's awful, whenever I'm collecting apples in AC my character will constantly turn around messing me up
I care 0% about other 3rd party developers. there are indy games, and nintendo games and that's basically all I want

would Halo on switch be cool? yes. I have nostalgia for 1 & 2. but is that enough to keep me from buying a switch? nope. it has breath of the wild and a new metroid coming and that is practically worth the price of admission for me

ilikecatsandcookies

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
been playing the first Mother game, it's pretty interesting so far. I feel like a kid again, getting lost and getting stuck in an RPG.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NanoraaJuice

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Monster Hunter, Dragon's Dogma, Risk of Rain 2 and some other titles sprinkled inbetween. I want to get back into playing Ninja Gaiden.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love

naa

Started Alien Isolation the other day. I do not have the heart for this kind of shit but I can't stop playing. Haven't been liked by the Xeno yet, but on hard, it's only a matter of time before I slip up.
That's such a good game! consider turning your lights off when you play PepSiDawgwitcan

ilikecatsandcookies

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I LOVE the Mother series, but that game can suck a dick

I cannot stand random encounters/battles in RPGs as it is
yeah it's a little rough. there's a fan translation of it that gives an item called the 'easy ring' to tone down the encounter rate and also adjust the level curve to compensate.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

yeah it's a little rough. there's a fan translation of it that gives an item called the 'easy ring' to tone down the encounter rate and also adjust the level curve to compensate.
I've heard of it, but it's a hassle. gotta DL the rom, gotta apply the patch then have to DL it to my (modded) SNES mini

Monster Hunter, Dragon's Dogma, Risk of Rain 2 and some other titles sprinkled inbetween. I want to get back into playing Ninja Gaiden.
Dragon's Dogma was one of my favorites I played this year! I spent almost fifty hours just wandering about the wilderness & doing all the sidequests, it has such a lovely environment & interesting things to find.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NanoraaJuice

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Dragon's Dogma was one of my favorites I played this year! I spent almost fifty hours just wandering about the wilderness & doing all the sidequests, it has such a lovely environment & interesting things to find.
When I first picked up Dragon's Dogma sometime around 2019 I would just play it until the sun came up, now all I do is farm BBI, the world itself kind of lost an appeal to me. Hoping the second game fixes some of the general issues with the first (slow travel, melee weapons generally cucked against ranged/magik)

Virtual Cafe Awards

reynad5150

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Power Washer Simulator. Probably the most satisfaction I've received out of a game in years.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love

Deleted member 1930

bought a switch. breath of the wild is just dominating all my play-time, even though I ended up buying some other games too

Satom1

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing Predator Hunting grounds on the PS4. Its fun as hell, getting hunted by the Predator or being the Predator. So far I feel like it stays true to the movie. What is everyone else's go to games at the moment?
Now, i am playing Sonic CD. It's musics are sooo good and remember me of Future funk and a little bit vaporwave. The game has a cool aesthetic too!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crypto

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tilde.club
Lately I've been playing Hitman WOA, I recently replayed the dishonored series. I played cyberpunk 2077 a few times, but I've kinda been bored of the games I've been playing. Looking for other games right now

Virtual Cafe Awards