What games have you been playing lately?

Cugel

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing this completely insane, poorly-translated Chinese strategy roguelite called Big Bia. It owns. Haven't been able to get into a video game for months but this has me hooked. It's janky, totally unpredictable, genuinely funny and has a lot of heart and a surprising amount of tactical depth. Go check it out if your brain is broken in a very specific way
View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/585020/Big_Bia/
1632316746873.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Been playing Gunfire Reborn. Its a dank ass Chinese FPS rogue-lite. Don't worry, its not a Chinese government shill company, just some indie devs. They have consistent weekly updates and the game keeps getting better. Its got a cool aesthetic and semi-randomly generated levels. 4 player co-op, with enemy scaling based on number of players.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1217060/Gunfire_Reborn/

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mirrahn1313

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Spent the last month playing portal 2 both co-op and single player, and then played portal still alive. Me and my other half both agree on the fact that the portal series is way better than it had any right to be. Like theyre just some great fucking games that blindsided me with the narrative. Also replaying the fable series for the millionth time cuz I tend to play them through every few years or so. S

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

As of now, Just Pokemon Red trying to catch as many pokemon as I can on the cartridge. I need to check my Blue version though because the file I save got destroyed out nowhere.

the internal battery probably died

those old cart games use a battery to save and over time the batteries are dying due to age. You can find tutorials on how to replace them

Coton

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm starting Dynasty Warrior 2 on PS2

dyw2p20b.jpg

Nice game, a little bit repetitive maybe

And S.L.A.I on PS2

slaip20f.jpg

I loved that game as a child, if you like mechas give it a try

Virtual Cafe Awards

wanwan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing Predator Hunting grounds on the PS4. Its fun as hell, getting hunted by the Predator or being the Predator. So far I feel like it stays true to the movie. What is everyone else's go to games at the moment?
Final Fantasy 14 makes my heart flutter, like seriously.

Virtual Cafe Awards

wanwan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Spent the last month playing portal 2 both co-op and single player, and then played portal still alive. Me and my other half both agree on the fact that the portal series is way better than it had any right to be. Like theyre just some great fucking games that blindsided me with the narrative. Also replaying the fable series for the millionth time cuz I tend to play them through every few years or so. S
Portal 2 is fun. Portal 3 will be even better!!!!!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mirrahn1313

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Portal 2 is fun. Portal 3 will be even better!!!!!
Lmao Yeah... When the world ends we will get may get a 3rd but I seriously doubt it would even happen if we held valve hostage since they apparently hate the number 3. I have enjoyed watching playthroughs of some of the mods of portal 2 though and plan on trying a few soon.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

partyingwithpizza

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing the game Lake. You're a mailman in a small town in the 80s. It sounds boring, but the stories that unfold while you deliver mail are interesting and you have choices you can make. It's definitely a cozy game. Besides that I've been replaying the fallout series.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing Predator Hunting grounds on the PS4. Its fun as hell, getting hunted by the Predator or being the Predator. So far I feel like it stays true to the movie. What is everyone else's go to games at the moment?
Lmao im just playing Retro Bowl on my phone all the time. Barely have time to just sit down and play stuff on Steam.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
grow_home_star_plant_grow_by_digi_matrix-d8gwfri.gif
100%ed both Grow Home and Grow Up back to back over four days. I played Grow Home years ago and loved it only to be pleasantly surprised by the existence of a sequel. Fun, peaceful sandbox platforming was just the change of pace I needed. Highly recommend.

Virtual Cafe Awards

//vokz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Moved on to Gothic 3 and Portal 2 after playing Fallout 4 for a while.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
FInally found the thread where I can blog about my gaming.

Currently stuck neck deep in Caves of Qud. Had it on my wishlist for ages but 12$ for an indie roguelike always seemed bit much when Angband and Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead brought me hundreds of hours of fun for free.
With a recent steam stale and feeling burnout after 230 hrs of Elden Ring (over a very short time) I finally got it.
And man, this game has me feeling like I'm playing Morrowind all over again. You're thrust into this alien world with its very own culture and even language and it's like nothing I have ever seen before.
I was wondering why I felt so immersed only half an hour in but I think I found the answer:
Item descriptions and mob descriptions (with barely any graphics, 'l'ooking at stuff is very important, especially early on) aren't written neutrally for the player but rather how a person in the world would describe it. So if you inspect a rabid dog, it doesn't say: Canine with shaggy fur. but:
1649225412558.png

A completely normal revolver is described as:
image.png

image.png

When talking to an NPC, the default "goodbye"-phrase is "Live and drink" because fresh water is the most important resource in Qud and also the main currency. Thus lots of the culture is based on water.
image.png

It even goes as far as there being a dedicated water ritual where you share water with a stranger to show your trust and sympathy:
image.png

This is very important to pull you into the strange world the devs have created. It's consistent, strange and interesting and so far feels really authentic.

The gameplay itself is not that special. You have your standard roguelike tile- and turnbased combat with RPG values and dice rolls deciding most outcomes.
Character creation however is wild again. You can choose between two base "races": Mutated human and true kin. The latter have better stats and can install bionic implants such as armored skin or arm stabilizers for aiming.
Mutated humans have lower base stats but can buy mutations at creation and mutate as you level, granting multiple limbs, stingers, fur, horns, gas glands or epser/psychic stuff like heating an area with your mind, teleportation and force fields.
Anyway, if you enjoy roguelikes, CoQ is a must play imo.

Attachments

• 1649225476770.png
    1649225476770.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 58
Virtual Cafe Awards