What games have you been playing lately?

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Just finished Hyper Light Drifter.
e9742b5ff3bbdb2a138b8745263f33ec.png

119559c85b9a_sword%20shopkeep.gif

EcstaticAgileCoqui-max-1mb.gif

Very aesthetic game. A little clunky at times but a good 10-20 hours (I finished it in 13 and did some completionist stuff that wasn't necessary).

Virtual Cafe Awards

TRXTR

Classified Personnel Only Past This Point
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
krowznezt.net
If VR and guns are your thing, Pavlov Shack is pretty fun. it's basically oldschool CS:Source for VR.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Primus Illuminatus

Who will help the widow's son?
Reaction score
Awards
I just got EYE:Divine Cybermancy, because i read about it and heard it was similar to Deus Ex. Wanted to know if anyone else has played it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
I just got EYE:Divine Cybermancy, because i read about it and heard it was similar to Deus Ex. Wanted to know if anyone else has played it.
E.Y.E. is a gem. The best description of the gameplay I've heard was "Serious Sam from an alternate universe where Deus Ex was a worldwide bestseller and every FPS dev decided to put RPG elements into their game whether they fit or not." There are stats and levels, but they don't really affect the game as much as it might seem at first. Stealth and hacking are options, but neither are fleshed out very well and you'll most likely end up having to blast your way through the map anyways.
What I really liked about E.Y.E. was how offbeat and enjoyably weird everything was - the level design, the dialogue, the story, the unlockable powers, even the way character progression works was original. It's passion project made by a group of people who weren't very experienced, but managed to create something incredibly original because they either didn't know how to do things "the right way" or just didn't care. In my opinion, that's what indie games are all about.
1479188979696.png
1430450671592.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
that one is a trip. I'm not sure if I'd compare it to Deus Ex though. Way more shooting.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
E.Y.E. is a gem. The best description of the gameplay I've heard was "Serious Sam from an alternate universe where Deus Ex was a worldwide bestseller and every FPS dev decided to put RPG elements into their game whether they fit or not." There are stats and levels, but they don't really affect the game as much as it might seem at first. Stealth and hacking are options, but neither are fleshed out very well and you'll most likely end up having to blast your way through the map anyways.
What I really liked about E.Y.E. was how offbeat and enjoyably weird everything was - the level design, the dialogue, the story, the unlockable powers, even the way character progression works was original. It's passion project made by a group of people who weren't very experienced, but managed to create something incredibly original because they either didn't know how to do things "the right way" or just didn't care. In my opinion, that's what indie games are all about.
View attachment 26408View attachment 26411
My legs are ok

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
BF3 and BF4 on Fridays with friends.
How are the BF3 servers these days? I used to be addicted to 24/7 Noshar Canal TDM back in the glory days on Xbox 360

Virtual Cafe Awards

Big Bill Hell's

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
How are the BF3 servers these days? I used to be addicted to 24/7 Noshar Canal TDM back in the glory days on Xbox 360
There's a good bit of populated servers in Europe. And a handful in the USA. Not a lot of completely full games but still enough to have a good time.

Operation Metro is still very popular.

Really makes me miss the glory days though. And with how bad BF2042 is, those glory days probably ain't coming back.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Did anyone say 32 player coop campaign?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Been playing Hypnospace outlaw, just wish there was more mods for it or like a free play mode and they that they would support the page builder for macView attachment 26640
Never heard of it and just watched the trailer.Looks very intriguing, immediately wishlisted it!

I got the sudden urge to play Wind Waker again. I started this game 2 times but never finished it. Once back when it was farily new, I burrowed a GC and the game from a friend just to play it but I had to give it back before I could finish it and then years later the HD remake on my ex gf's WiiU. But for some reason I also never finished it there.
So I just downloaded CEMU and in one long session did the first dungeons until I got the master sword. Just sailing around and exploring is so much fun (as soon as I got the Swift Sail that is). It definitely aged well because I'm having a very good time.
Comparing it to BotW I kinda miss the classic item system now.
Also combat somehow feels more dynamic in this age old game than in BotW. Hit feedback is great, you have very long combo strings on your sword and can even change it up mid combo depending on where your left stick is pointing and the evade counters feel more satisfying than BotWs bullet time flurry of attacks.

Don't get me wrong, I loved BotW but I get the feeling that it won't be as replayable as their traditional formula. I expect BotW2 to fix many QoL aspects and just generally improve on the new formula to a point where BotW will become a worse, prototype BotW2.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I completed Majora's Mask 100% for the first time in my life and it was pretty good, also i played Cave Story again but its really sad how Nicalis abandoned the PC version.
I remember I had the cave story wii ware demo and loved it. Never got to play the full game

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing the Mass Effect trilogy, it's such a comfy series to replay.
replayed 5-6 times at this point and just reading this is making my brain twinge because of some sort of uncurable parasite, i must go back. i don't even want to make different choices. shepard, unchanged face, earthborn, warhero, soldier, tali, no one dead, destroy ending

Virtual Cafe Awards

DOOM95.EXE

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I was playing the Chrono Cross remaster during the week but I stopped and went back to play Trigger simultaneously. The game itself is excellent, it's just a really shitty port and not worth $20. Download a good PSX emulator and play it that way instead.

This afternoon I watched the girl I'm seeing play Life is Strange: True Colors (she's into those sorts of games). The dialog and character animations are downright awful but the graphics are alright at least.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
After what must've been a decade, I am now getting back into Minecraft.
Called in sick since monday since I got hit by some kind of flu (not 'Rona apparently) last week and I'm slowly recovering and MC seemed like a good, low attention needed game.
I am surprised by how much is new, I basically need the wiki open all the time to check out what all that new stuff is.

Virtual Cafe Awards