What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! You can donate through PayPal or Patreon.

What has been your favorite experience with music?

Opt_234

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
music + lsd has done various things for/to me

I was tripping once and put on Giant Steps and "transcribed" it in an unknown written "language"

listened to Prince's Lovesexy and did some ritualisitic magic and that was pretty awesome (yes, magic is real, it does work)

bawled my eyes out and saw god while listening to some zelda orchestra that has since been deleted from youtube

Virtual Cafe Awards

Baron Boogie BOOL

Endangered Flora & Fauna Task Force
Reaction score
Awards
I read a comment about listening to discreet music, new space music. and music for airports at the same time and it took me to another dimension and that got me thinking, what are other people's moments like this?
Listened to Lustmord's Carbon Core and Word of Power back to back and got the germ idea of which would be my second novel, which I am currently writing!

Also, many years ago when I discovered ALAC and reference headphones after listening to 192 KBPS with shitty generic earbuds and listened to Karajan conducting Beethoven's 9th and experienced the eargasm for the first time.

In addition to this discovering binaural beats and Jonathan Goldman.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Merzcat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Being 15 exploring record stores, building up my CD collection and discovering my favorite bands as new.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私にとって、それはおそらく私の地元のカセット店を訪問しなければならないでしょう。彼らはテープの膨大な選択をしました。それらの多くはシティポップで、私はそれを何時間も続けて聴いていました。カセット店は閉店しましたが、開店した時はとても楽しかったです。彼らはそこにいくつかの本当に野生の装飾を持っていました

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

llillilll

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
listening to ill mind of hopsin, all of them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TigrEncounter

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm on antidepressant pills and sometimes it gives me the highs. Every night I lie awake in my bed in pitch darkness and listen this awesome album:
R-2559514-1290437474.jpeg.jpg
And the ceiling turns into black tentacles and they move slowly and at some point the ceiling turns grey and I see shapes behind the tentacles which I cant describe because once I focus, it disappears. Maybe its just my blood pressure playing with my eyes but It's kinda trippy. And It never happened before, only after I take these pills to deal with my shitty mood and depression.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

The Dawn Is Your Enemy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I had the best nap of my life while listening to Iterum by Stratford Ct. It's been my comfort album ever since.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FAILSAF_12

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I used to have an apartment downtown in the big city with a balcony way high up that I would sit out on late at night. I would buy a bottle of wine every Friday and a pizza and sit out there, usually listening to ambient albums, or when it rained I would listen to the halo 3 odst soundtrack. I would just watch everything, all the bright lights from the other buildings and the people way down below walking around. it was the best. I don't live there anymore and when I think of what I loved most about the city, it was those nights on the balcony with some wine and tunes, can't beat it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hmm... lately, its been 90's melodic death metal that's been cinching it for me. Its dated af and most so-called "true" metalheads wouldn't be caught dead listening to it but idgaf. It takes me back to simpler times, back when I would do nothing but pour hours onto my PS2 and collect dollar bin CDs. The mood becomes especially strong during the fall. Not sure why. There's more examples I would post but I'd just end up writing the Magna Carta.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mast

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes I like to listen to two different songs or album in earbuds. One album in the left the other in that right. Getting head while listening to these two was hilarious and very memorable.

Virtual Cafe Awards