What has been your favorite experience with music?

pedral

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.last.fm
I have so so so many great experiences I could share here. I'll have to be that annoying guy who gives a few of my favourites instead of my one favourite.
In no particular order:

My most fond memories are basically from concerts or albums that blew my mind so hard they made me cry like I just understood the meaning of life. My one favourite concert of all time is the band Au Revoir playing in a tiny bar of my hometown in 2018. It's a post-metal/shoegaze/post-hardcore/post-rock band. The show costed like 8€, I listened to right before going to the concert because I had nothing to do that evening. After listening, I thought it was just okay enough to go to the show and didn't expect much.
I've never cried that much at a concert before.
They had 3 guitars and they were LOUD for such a tiny bar. A relentless and non-stop wall of sound, melodies, saturation, anger, love, anxiety, sadness, fear. I felt it all together at once and could not stop crying. I was sitting at a barstool and could not move a single muscle for their whole set. I walked home beholding (and still crying), trying to grasp what just happened to me. I've never felt something so powerful before. Listening to their studio albums isn't the same obviously and I've been craving their return here for 3 years and a half now.

My favourite band of all time is Duster, a slowcore band. A friend of mine made me discover them back in 2017 and I have literally not spent a single month without listening to them ever since. Their music has been with me at every point of my life, the highest of highs and the truly abyssal lows too. It's always there to cheer me up, make me feel cosy, warm, calm and help me not feel alone. The calmness and minimalism of their music has helped me so much with anxiety, it helps me breathe and take my time.
They don't try to play as fast as possible or as slow as possible. They don't try to play as loud as possible. To play the most complex thing ever. They're just playing their calm, simple songs with everything they have and it means the world to me.
While I've never seen them perform live, I'm more than ready to travel thousands of kilometres for their next Europe tour dates (whenever that might be).

My favourite music of all time came from listening to the album Wind's Poem by Mount Eerie for the first time (also one of my favourite bands/artist ever) while being super high on space cake. Mount Eerie is this kinda lo-fi rock/folk/drone/experimental/cloudy and atmospheric music I guess?
I was listening to the deluxe edition of the album or whatever was uploaded on his Spotify profile. The original album consists of 12 tracks, but this version added a bunch of bonus songs after, like this alternative version of his song Lost Wisdom:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWRspHYVbU

I was already sitting on the couch just contemplating the wall listening to this beautiful album. When this song came on, I just started crying, shivering, feeling like I was drowning in all my emotions, dark thoughts, happy thoughts, everything. I had to replay the song 6 times in a row to keep that feels going. Honestly, I think something in me shifted after this. I can't really pinpoint what exactly, but I've felt different.
It became my favourite song ever. But now every time I'm listening to it again, it slowly loses its magic that it had back then. I don't want it to become stale but I want to listen to it again so many times, it's such a dilemma for me.

My girlfriend and I got closer and eventually started dating thanks to our mutual love for music. It's a very strong bound between us and I couldn't be happier about it. We often make each other step into our own musical universe by listening to our favourite albums/songs together and I love it. She's my everything and sharing the same passion for music means the world to me.

Music literally saved my life a bunch of times and changed me in ways I cannot fathom.
I honestly cannot imagine my life without it.
Everyday, I'm chasing music as far as possible, constantly trying to expand my musical boundaries.

Yo, let's give a quick shoutout to The Beatles for creating music!
I'll spend the rest of my night probably lurking, reading this thread and listening to the music posted here. Thank you all :peepoLove1:

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
The first time I was introduced to synthwave and vapor wave... I was living in Mexico. A friend of mine texted me and said she had some LCD and was curious if I'd do it with her. We popped it and she said hey, put on this music its one of my favorites. We didn't leave my hammock for like 10 hours that night as the chill wave / vapor wave was blaring. I was like a kid in a candy shop with that big latina booty and she loved every minute of it too. Was an amazing night.

I was a volunteer at an international tech festival in the local convention center where I would also sleep in tents with the other volunteers. During one of the days, late at night, they randomly had a whole Brazillian orchestra and dance groups running around the place! It had completely caught me off-guard as I had spent the majority of the ten days inside that building either guarding emergency exits or the TED talk speaker area.

This was followed by a performance group called Carlos Sound Trip which consisted of a musical trio of which one had connected contact microphones to a watermelon and was playing crazy instruments on them, one was performing the drums and trumpet, and a vocalist was singing. They handed a bunch of djembé drums to the people present there and we sat there late at night just jamming!

A very memorable moment, I really miss working at festivals because I would always have crazy adventures like these late at night!

Here's some footage of that jam session:

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
electro-swing , Russian post punk and vapourware are nice.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I was tripping once and put on Giant Steps and "transcribed" it in an unknown written "language"
I tried to listen to that while tripping once and it made my heart race like nothing, the fast tempo and violent movements up and down rocked my world. Sent me on the floor, heart pounding while everything dissolved into fractals for thirty minutes even after I changed it something slower. It's a truly potent piece and not one I take lightly. Keep that transcription, it means something.

Virtual Cafe Awards

juicy_ricky

crusader of the glob realmz.....
Reaction score
Awards
I think Steve howe and his ability to play a wide variety of music really stunned me. Listening to starship trooper and discovering many styles of guitar in one tune really got me to experiment and push myself to tackle different styles, especially the country picking style like Chet Atkins. really made me love my guitar and performing seeing Steve have so much fun on stage be it progressive, country picking, classical

View: https://youtu.be/359qGNryZmY

I named my game disillusion mostly to express my love for this song and how much that small section meant to me

God damn I LOVE Yes....

Virtual Cafe Awards

Miku Simpson

Woohoo Christmas
Reaction score
Awards
I have a semi funny/weird memory involving a specific song:
When I was very very young (8 or 9) I only have 1 very distinct memory from that time. I had a dream where I had this repetitive chorus of a song stuck in my head for hours. This isn't abnormal for me because for some reason a lot of the dreams I have involve making up repetitive choruses and replaying them over and over until my brain bleeds; but for some reason this one dream I had from childhood stuck with me throughout the rest of childhood and my teen years which was peculiar in itself, I'm usually extremely quick to forgetting dreams.
One day when I was 17 in art class, on the radio I hear that same song from my dream years back and it made me almost shit myself, I was ready to start calling myself the next Nostradamus and bank coin from it, but i think more than likely I just heard it in passing once and It just entered my childhood brain while asleep
Oh yeah, and if you were curious about the song, it was Kids by Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue

Virtual Cafe Awards

koreatis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I was on the electronic dance music festival and as you can guess I have been using psychedelics, especially LSD. It was probbably one of the most intanse and the most fulfilmment experience of the year or I would even say one of the best experience in my life. I was in the middle of the crowd and I have direct view to the stage. When the DJ played the song that I know but remixed version I was feeling like I am alone on the area where the event was placed. I was feeling the DJ was only playing for me, I didn't feel any existence of other people and I can say I was one with the music.

Other than that I love to listen to music when I am tripping (LSD or mushrooms) because it gives enormous opportunity to feel the music differently. Last time I was tripping and I was listetinng to song that the title is Black star and while I was listening to the song, I was also creating some story that involved the title and the melody that was about the universe and stars. I shall say I was in some kind of creative burst.

dead of night, wearing headphones on hear-through mode, stepping through the darkness with Ryo Fukui's I Want to Talk About You playing, while still hearing my own footsteps. 10/10 experience

Virtual Cafe Awards