What has been your favorite experience with music?

Deleted member 1930

music + lsd has done various things for/to me

I was tripping once and put on Giant Steps and "transcribed" it in an unknown written "language"

listened to Prince's Lovesexy and did some ritualisitic magic and that was pretty awesome (yes, magic is real, it does work)

bawled my eyes out and saw god while listening to some zelda orchestra that has since been deleted from youtube

Deleted member 2040

I read a comment about listening to discreet music, new space music. and music for airports at the same time and it took me to another dimension and that got me thinking, what are other people's moments like this?
Listened to Lustmord's Carbon Core and Word of Power back to back and got the germ idea of which would be my second novel, which I am currently writing!

Also, many years ago when I discovered ALAC and reference headphones after listening to 192 KBPS with shitty generic earbuds and listened to Karajan conducting Beethoven's 9th and experienced the eargasm for the first time.

In addition to this discovering binaural beats and Jonathan Goldman.

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私にとって、それはおそらく私の地元のカセット店を訪問しなければならないでしょう。彼らはテープの膨大な選択をしました。それらの多くはシティポップで、私はそれを何時間も続けて聴いていました。カセット店は閉店しましたが、開店した時はとても楽しかったです。彼らはそこにいくつかの本当に野生の装飾を持っていました

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm on antidepressant pills and sometimes it gives me the highs. Every night I lie awake in my bed in pitch darkness and listen this awesome album:
R-2559514-1290437474.jpeg.jpg
And the ceiling turns into black tentacles and they move slowly and at some point the ceiling turns grey and I see shapes behind the tentacles which I cant describe because once I focus, it disappears. Maybe its just my blood pressure playing with my eyes but It's kinda trippy. And It never happened before, only after I take these pills to deal with my shitty mood and depression.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FAILSAF_12

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I used to have an apartment downtown in the big city with a balcony way high up that I would sit out on late at night. I would buy a bottle of wine every Friday and a pizza and sit out there, usually listening to ambient albums, or when it rained I would listen to the halo 3 odst soundtrack. I would just watch everything, all the bright lights from the other buildings and the people way down below walking around. it was the best. I don't live there anymore and when I think of what I loved most about the city, it was those nights on the balcony with some wine and tunes, can't beat it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

Hmm... lately, its been 90's melodic death metal that's been cinching it for me. Its dated af and most so-called "true" metalheads wouldn't be caught dead listening to it but idgaf. It takes me back to simpler times, back when I would do nothing but pour hours onto my PS2 and collect dollar bin CDs. The mood becomes especially strong during the fall. Not sure why. There's more examples I would post but I'd just end up writing the Magna Carta.

juicy_ricky

crusader of the glob realmz.....
Reaction score
Awards
Playing my first real party in a dingy warehouse on a SUPER high end sound system....no drugs involved here. It was the first really good party I got booked at and I was scared shitless. The sound was so impossibly clear I couldn't believe it. When you cut the bass it took the wind out of the room. Could barely see my hand in front of my face! Seeing people dancing and hearing them screaming out in joy was a ridiculous feeling. I was in a real rough place mentally at that point and it was just a really potent experience on my end. Felt like all that time i spent practicing my craft, feeling like a nobody, not sure if anyone cared was worth it. Seeing people I'd known for years losing it out there was so special, knowing that I held that power in my record bag. Felt like some kind of techno shaman leading my congregation in a spiritual ritual. I still have dreams about that night. Nothing has really topped that for me. Dropped this one and sure enough....some butch queens in pumps walked through the door!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSYEsdkcZE

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

doktorb

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Being 15 exploring record stores, building up my CD collection and discovering my favorite bands as new.
When I was a teenager there were a bunch of independent record stores in my city that I was obsessed by and I used to spend all weekend there asking the staff to recommend me albums to put on at the listening station. The hours I spent there discovering music for the first time completely changed my life. On reflection I have no idea why the people who owned those stores tolerated me as a kid with no money spending all day in their store listening to merchandise I couldn't buy but I'll be forever grateful.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
In highschool, I used to dj edm, trap and pop. At the time gangnaym style was really popular. People would request it all the time, so it became a meme.
Also, in the middle of spinning some mainstream trap, I played TNGHT and everyone was confused but really into it. I really enjoyed that night

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I think Steve howe and his ability to play a wide variety of music really stunned me. Listening to starship trooper and discovering many styles of guitar in one tune really got me to experiment and push myself to tackle different styles, especially the country picking style like Chet Atkins. really made me love my guitar and performing seeing Steve have so much fun on stage be it progressive, country picking, classical

View: https://youtu.be/359qGNryZmY

I named my game disillusion mostly to express my love for this song and how much that small section meant to me

Virtual Cafe Awards

rootsudo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Music, Psychdelics and such. It's nice. Also a good drive is amazing too. Having a good car and a good sound track puts you into a nice headspace and zen.

But yeah, LSD or mushrooms, to relax and let the music take over. :) Not driving of course, one or the other.

Virtual Cafe Awards

HansGonk

Squid Elf
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
A friend of mine a few years back introduced me to Boards of Canada's Old Tunes, like before they started to get their stuff out there. BUT the thing is... I haven't listened to BoC before DKcHaMpother than like hearing their stuff in Salad Fingers, but I forgot what the music sounded like. BUT I gotta say, it was quite the trip to see their REALLY stuff then going through the eps and albums, it was a really fun experience to see how they evolved. I still really like some of the Old Tunes stuff, like Finity is one of my favorite BoC tracks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPzlA--Ih-A

Virtual Cafe Awards

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
When I was a teenager living on a rainy farm in the dead of winter, I spent a lot of evenings with my brother hotboxing my car in the driveway and blasting this album. It was kind of depressing at the time, but I have pretty fond memories of it these days.

View: https://no-solace.bandcamp.com/album/groza-lp-2008

Virtual Cafe Awards

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Music, Psychdelics and such. It's nice. Also a good drive is amazing too. Having a good car and a good sound track puts you into a nice headspace and zen.

But yeah, LSD or mushrooms, to relax and let the music take over. :) Not driving of course, one or the other.
I do a lot of driving just to listen to music if I'm feeling restless. It's a great way to occupy yourself with something while you listen.

Virtual Cafe Awards