What is the argument against piracy in 2021?

The Long Serpent

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I am aware that lots of people still are afraid of piracy for reasons that I can't understand. Yes, it's illegal, but it should also be illegal to have to have seven separate streaming services to watch the shows you want to watch. You can get vpns for free now, and most of the sites I see don't require any real personal information other than your email.

So far, I mostly use Zlibrary and Watchcartoononline for my needs. I just need a good place to watch live-action movies and tv shows now.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Creator. Destroyer. Demigod.
Reaction score
Awards
I use 123movies mostly or I just type "watch (insert media here) online free" into a search engine. I watched this documentary the other day and it mentioned something about piracy, something about Metallica bringing a lawsuit against Napster for copyright infringement. Lars Ulrich's reaction in the interviews is kinda funny. He was really serious about it and was talking about piracy being illegal, in a kind of menacing way. I've been downloading music and movies ever since I had the internet. Why would they need any more of the millions and billions they got paid when the album/movie came out? That's how I see it anyway.

Virtual Cafe Awards
why would I pay for pixels or for sound lmao it doesn't even exist
Often times multiple people had to put forth the effort in time and money to align those pixels in a specific configuration, and clearly you care enough about those pixels that don't exist to go and copy them onto your computer.

Simply put, if you don't want to pay, don't consume the item. At least give them some money directly to the devs since you clearly care enough about those pixels. Out of respect for the effort involved in creating it. If more people took the view of stealing the hard work of others we would not have the amount of resources that are invested into proprietary software we do today.

Also, there is often malware hidden in downloaded illegal copies of items. If you think you can detect the malware with a simple scan, you are behind the times and unaware of the sophistication of modern malware.

Virtual Cafe Awards
If I download your car, you still have your car.
Just because you can copy the configuration of bits to create a car, does not absolve you of the crime of stealing. In this case you were not stealing his car, but rather the labor and time required to create the bit configurations that enable a downloadable car.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

Just because you can copy the configuration of bits to create a car, does not absolve you of the crime of stealing. In this case you were not stealing his car, but rather the labor and time required to create the bit configurations that enable a downloadable car.
and you got your without compensating the person who made it
So buying used is theft :callingthepolice: