What is the essential vaporwave discography?

Max Fisher

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've been collecting vaporwave tapes for a little while. Here is my collection so far...many of the titles are digital only. https://bandcamp.com/vau7d9txayktypa

Besides the super obvious classics that I can guess, what are the hidden gems I'm missing? Whoever curates the forum's radio stream of whatever it is does a great job highlighting some lesser know artists, just saying.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Maitro, all the Dragonball waves, I believe they are still up for sale on tiger blood tapes. I don't think I saw those in your collection. Ummmm you got most the bis cas stuff i would have suggested so hmm... take a look at illuminated paths label they are great they also often reissue the Saint Pepsi//luxury elite late Night Delight.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Fisher

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I have the gold edition reissue of Saint Pepsi//luxury elite late Night Delight. Thanks for the recommend on tiger blood. I think I'll pick up the bundle next payday.

Any full discography downloads worth the price besides biz cas?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Isaac_Ascii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Dude, where is:
a b d e r s t a; ANDROSS 5225; ChillBitz; darkbelight; desert sand feels warm at night; Devaso House; Eis-T; EPSON; F i b o n a c c i; GloryPatriot; g.o.l.d; headroom; HeReigns™; Kanal Vier; la trace; ll nøthing ll Mazda Fabulous; MOX; Neon Touch; Oracle FM; Phaeder; Pure White; Sea Of Voices; Soul▲Craft; Sport3000; STIVI狼; Subclarity; trashgh0st; V ▲ P Y D; V H 1 C L A S S I C; Vacation Bible School; W¯¯; Zer0 れい; アナログMESSIAH; 主催者sponsoredby; 高級 ♛ HIGHCL4SS_20 ♛ 高級
??? =D

These are some of my essentials, but then again, I think Vaporwave shouldn't work this way, it's an endless yetstream of muzak. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't, it doesn't matter, enjoy the ride!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
Hey ISAAC! thanks for considering me Essential! I've attached some bandcamp codes for you all!

I think I'd have to agree with you, there is more vaporwave out there than can be reasonably listened to in a lifetime. Every day there's more often vaporwave added to that, and that excludes the shitpost pizzawave (Your vaporwave's finest subreddit is a great example of that, its all worth giving at least one listen, but it really is impossible for me to do so with only 24 hours in a day).
my approach now is "throwing things at the wall and see what sticks". some albums grab me and then I grab the album. Lately I've been getting to know more artists in the community on a personal level and I've found that it really adds to how i experience their music.

Attachments

• bandcampcodes.png
    bandcampcodes.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 278
Virtual Cafe Awards

Isaac_Ascii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Eis-T said:
Hey ISAAC! thanks for considering me Essential! I've attached some bandcamp codes for you all!

I think I'd have to agree with you, there is more vaporwave out there than can be reasonably listened to in a lifetime. Every day there's more often vaporwave added to that, and that excludes the shitpost pizzawave (Your vaporwave's finest subreddit is a great example of that, its all worth giving at least one listen, but it really is impossible for me to do so with only 24 hours in a day).
my approach now is "throwing things at the wall and see what sticks". some albums grab me and then I grab the album. Lately I've been getting to know more artists in the community on a personal level and I've found that it really adds to how i experience their music.

My first music experience was Euro Dance, so how could I not consider you essential?! ;)
Yeah, I created that sub in the means to give small, unknown artists a plattform (if they post on r/Vaporwave once) and with Vaporwave being such an infinetly broad genre, there are A LOT of hidden gems for anyone out there.
I love simple Eccojams, some Chuchwave and tricky ambient stuff and there is certainly outstanding stuff out there, besides the usual shilled for stuff, you see on r/Vaporwave.
It's inevitable, as corporate structures taking over more and more and trying to market Vaporwave, but in the end, I believe, sampled stuff is a barrier, they will never cross.
Enough rambling...yeah, it's also very cool, that most artists are easily approachable and there is lots of "low rank" connectivity going on in the scene.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
if i had to rate it top 5 style

1. Freed From The World by New Deluxe Life
2. Home™ & ClearSkies™ by Prismcorp Virtual Enterprises
3. News At 11 by Cat System Corp
4. Floral Shoppe by You fucking know who made Floral Shoppe stoopid