What is your favorite anime movie?

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 6777 times.

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
What is that one anime movie that you can watch over and over again? The one anime movie that never fails to entertain you, your all time favorite!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Isaac_Ascii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not an easy choise, there are so many older kickass movies like: Ninja Scroll; Sword of a Stranger, Akira, Vampire Hunter D; Studio Gibli Movies; Golgo 13; Lupin III; Redline

For series: Visions of Escaflowne; Samurai 7; Basilisk; Neon Genesis Evangelion; Ghost in the Shell; Cowboy Bebop; Arjuna; Record of Lodoss War; One Punch Man and many more.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
Evangelion 2.22

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
not sure, but there are some series I can recommend! I like series that have such a weird concept behind them that only Japanese people could make it. take for instance: "That time I got reïncarnated as a slime" where the title is literally the whole premise of the show. Especially the first season is good! Other series worth mentioning are Keijo!!! which my GF introduced me to. Basically its like a normal sports anime, but with only the fanservice parts. its ridiculous but surprisingly well written. a more well known one is girls und pantzer which is the most japanese thing you'll ever see in your life.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
Reaction score
Awards
Website
open.spotify.com
The one I've probably rewatched the most amount of times is Ghost In The Shell. Others I could watch endlessly forever:
- Any City Hunter movie
- Patlabor
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest Is The Sea Of Stars
- Area 88

Virtual Cafe Awards

Isaac_Ascii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Andy Peterson said:
The one I've probably rewatched the most amount of times is Ghost In The Shell. Others I could watch endlessly forever:
- Any City Hunter movie
- Patlabor
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest Is The Sea Of Stars
- Area 88

Exquisite and rare taste, have a coffee! =)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vapyd

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
vapyd.bandcamp.com
easy, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (2005 re-release). amazing story, great world-building, dub is done beautifully as well.

Famicom-chan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
The Kizumonogatari trilogy

Attachments

• a5d9ebd3f5185637f0ff49474262784e.gif
    a5d9ebd3f5185637f0ff49474262784e.gif
    496.1 KB · Views: 222

Chiefahleaf

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I think the one film that just caught my attention and blows me away everytime for the animation and worldbuilding was Redline. That movie is so amazing. Especially when told that the movie took 7 years to animate.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

DaveSpeedo

Enjoying the modest way of life.
Reaction score
Perfect Blue. Probably because I love psychological thrillers.

• Coffee (Like)

Deleted member 1066

angel's eggAngel's EggAngel's EggAngel's EggAngel's EggAngel's EggANGEL'S EGG

• Coffee (Like)

ZanraiKid

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Probably Tokyo Godfathers or Only Yesterday. There's a brilliant human element to each film that embraces the strange going-ons in life and how they influence us as people.

• Coffee (Like)

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
controversial opinion, but I've never liked anime. I watched a lot of pokemon/digimon/yu gi oh as a kid, but that wasn't because it was anime related, I don't think in those days I even knew what anime was. I could tell these shows had a similar llok, but it never occured to me they were a genre in themselves

I also loved DBZ, but again, I just liked the fighting, the anime stuff was kind of lost on me. In retrospect it's kind of cringey to me, though I do have a lot of nostalgia and even last month or so, i watched to entire Goku v freeza fight just because

In middle and high school, I really tried to get into anime. Trigun, FLCL, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakisho and this other anime where this kid was a detective who could change his age?...Lupin the 3rd was cool too, and I loved the idea of Gundam

But I just could not get onboard with them. They were too bleh, maybe too much talking and not enough action? I always found most animes to be way up there own asses for my liking. It was all just so melodramatic. And that's not a bad thing, I just felt it didn't really fit...and I also couldn't stand the art style

Having said that, there are too animes that are just great. I love OG Dragonball. I watched it after DBZ and was like..."wow, this is so much more deep than DBZ," and i loved it. varied characters, some humor, every character besides goku actually served a purpose and mattered to the story. Goku and Roshi were great characters and were special. In DBZ everyone can fly and use enrgy blasts and shit and Roshi was reduced to a comedic foil and no character besides the sayians REALLY mattered.

Also, Cowboy bebop is just awesome. Great story, the melodrama fits, incredible soundtrack and it doesn't look ugly as sin

Virtual Cafe Awards

vmrrobotic

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Greg_Delta said:
controversial opinion, but I've never liked anime. I watched a lot of pokemon/digimon/yu gi oh as a kid, but that wasn't because it was anime related, I don't think in those days I even knew what anime was. I could tell these shows had a similar llok, but it never occured to me they were a genre in themselves

I also loved DBZ, but again, I just liked the fighting, the anime stuff was kind of lost on me. In retrospect it's kind of cringey to me, though I do have a lot of nostalgia and even last month or so, i watched to entire Goku v freeza fight just because

In middle and high school, I really tried to get into anime. Trigun, FLCL, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakisho and this other anime where this kid was a detective who could change his age?...Lupin the 3rd was cool too, and I loved the idea of Gundam

But I just could not get onboard with them. They were too bleh, maybe too much talking and not enough action? I always found most animes to be way up there own asses for my liking. It was all just so melodramatic. And that's not a bad thing, I just felt it didn't really fit...and I also couldn't stand the art style

Having said that, there are too animes that are just great. I love OG Dragonball. I watched it after DBZ and was like..."wow, this is so much more deep than DBZ," and i loved it. varied characters, some humor, every character besides goku actually served a purpose and mattered to the story. Goku and Roshi were great characters and were special. In DBZ everyone can fly and use enrgy blasts and shit and Roshi was reduced to a comedic foil and no character besides the sayians REALLY mattered.

Also, Cowboy bebop is just awesome. Great story, the melodrama fits, incredible soundtrack and it doesn't look ugly as sin

Yes, I understand, finding an anime that you really like is hard. I love some animes, but other animes that people seem to like a lot like naruto, I just can't get the hang of it. There are animes that have a really cool artstyle tho, like attack on titan or JoJo. Still, I understand your opinion

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
Reaction score
Awards
Website
open.spotify.com
Greg_Delta said:

Well it sounds like you like SOME anime at least. It's not as if you can like all anime or none. If you like Cowboy Bebop and Dragonball (two exceptionally good anime), then I'm sure there are others that would be to your taste as well. I wouldn't discount all of anime just because you weren't into most of what you've seen. I'm kind of in the same boat as you - I think MOST anime is pretty bad - however I have a huge collection of anime that I absolutely love. I think with any form of media, the most popular examples of it - over time - begin to cater to a lowest common denominator of its consumers while there continue to be examples that cater to people with more particular tastes, and that's not a knock on people that like popular anime. I'm just saying like with anything else - music, movies, books, food - in anime, there is something out there for everybody, no matter how particular or niche your taste may be.

That said there's also the chance that maybe Cowboy Bebop and Dragonball are literally the only two anime that you would like! ;D

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
vmrrobotic said:
Greg_Delta said:

Yes, I understand, finding an anime that you really like is hard. I love some animes, but other animes that people seem to like a lot like naruto, I just can't get the hang of it. There are animes that have a really cool artstyle tho, like attack on titan or JoJo. Still, I understand your opinion

Over christmas I watched a little bit of Jojo with my brother. Granted, I didn't know wtf was going down, it was like mid-season.

I couldn't stand anything about it and it took every fiber of my being to bite my tongue and not start making fun of it lol

Virtual Cafe Awards