What is your favorite book?

Reaction score
Awards
Any book will do, even if its not a vaporwave book.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
Its been a while since I've read it, but "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" used to be my absolute favorite. I think I've read it at least 5 times and every time I thought it was genius. If you are into satire, absurdist dialogue and philosophy I highly recommend it.

Currently re-reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Its written better than I remember! I thought it took forever when I first read it, especially Bilbo's party but now I see how it introduces key aspects of the story. also I appreciate Peter Jacksons adaption more now I see what the changes are that he and his team made. esp the screenwriter did an amazing job. so many shortcuts without losing the gist of the story.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
does homestuck count? i mean they did print it

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Currently I've been binge-reading The Expanse series, it's a fantastic representation of what humanity could look like in a few hundred years with some sci-fi goodness thrown in.

Hard to choose a single favorite book, but I might have to go with The Sheltering Sky because of its' existential themes and the complete descent into chaos the characters experience.

What are some vaporwave books? I don't think I've ever heard of any, but I'm a big reader and would love to try them out.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chiefahleaf

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I think the one book that was memorable for me. It was Code Talkers. The book was a historical retelling of a Navajo Code talker that was in the pacific theater of world war II. It was very personal and interesting to hear the racial tones towards Natives back in the 20s to 40s of America. It's very real and hard to read sometimes. But inspiring of what those heroes did for the country with the navajo language that was the major factor to winning world war 2 in the pacific. Especially since I'm native american.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure...The Invisibles by Grant Morrison kind of blew my mind recently, as did the Book of Genesis...yes, I like psychedelic drugs lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

KitchenBell

!!@Doof Doof Producer + Dj@!!
Reaction score
I recently read Bonjour Tristesse and it's swiftly become one of my favourites. Would highly recommend to people who like luxurious French stories :)

Moonlight

lol
Reaction score
Awards
It's kind of a tough choice, but if I really had to choose just one then it would be Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. I really love the writing style and I'm a sucker for the psychological aspects of the book. If you are into reading a book from the perspective of a protagonist with severe schizophrenia mixed with the oddities of pop culture, then I would highly recommend it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It's kind of hard to say....I don't read a ton anymore.

I guess the books that have impacted me most would be an easier one for me to answer.

It by Stephen King is awesome. Jurassic Park is great, I quote it a lot lol. Grant Morrison's Invisibles...man. Pretty life changing. Also kind of controversial and will get me some hate, but the Book of Genesis is pretty amazing on acid. I like Animal Farm a lot. I really like Maus, and even though its kind of an underground comic book, it is one of the most real and relatable tale of the 3rd reich

IDK I went through this weird phase when I got a kindle and was just listening to a ton of audiobooks and all of them stuck with me

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 795

Hm...well, for "fiction", probably Shea and Wilson's "The Illuminatus Trilogy". Nonfiction: Rev. Taitetsu Unno's "River of Fire, River of Water". And for the weird "neither/both" zone, Wm. S Burroughs' Nova Trilogy ("The Soft Machine", "The Ticket that Exploded" and "Nova Express").

Deleted member 1043

In terms of all-time? Probably The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald or Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Both of those books changed my outlook on literature.

cryptfrog

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I think Spring Snow by Yukio Mishima is very good. It paints the futility of life in a rather beautiful light.

Virtual Cafe Awards