What is your favourite controller?

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Massively underrated

7420b0ae-2ca9-4d43-9c31-b2012b16ad20_1.jpg

Only real drawback was the battery life. It feels fucking great in my hands.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I really have trouble with controllers, which is weird as my first console was the Sega Master System 1, and the controller has that typical '80s look and will forever be my first favourite. However, since my late teenage years, I have used a keyboard and mouse for most of my gaming. I have tried over the years to love controllers for FPS games and the like, but I just can't get used to them. That said! I have a Switch and love the Sports and Dance games using the controllers. I also have Pokemon on there and that seems to be okay as well. I also have the Steam controller for my PC and love using it for racing games so it isn't that I never use a controller to game. Will I ever use one for FPS, or other types of games, probably not, but I think I will always use the best tool for the job and that means my favourite is lots of different controllers for different games!

Virtual Cafe Awards
The Big Ben Gamecube controller
View attachment 9878
There is no experience like the one you can have with this controller. You character going to the right or jumping without requested to, the disconnection of the controller for no reason in the middle of a game, the pain when you launch your Gamecube and nothing move because the controller is deead in the night despite being only 5 week old.

The long conversation with your parents when you try to explain the difference between this and an actual controller.

Them returning with this one anyway because it is 5€ cheaper than an official controller and *surprise!* they bought a game, a racing game, Cocoto Kart Racer ! The guy at the store told them it's just like mario kart :pepega::pepega::pepega:
View attachment 9879

Good memories
I own one of these. It's white and blue. It doesn't feel too bad but I just use a real gc controller now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rollingstart

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Probably my favorite of all time, love the clicky thumbstick, very unique

s-l400.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Dynamis

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Model 2 Sega Saturn pad is my favorite. I mostly play fighting games and that one is just easy to use and lightweight. I own a Hori arcade stick which is arguably better but it is a pain in the ass to pull out and use.

Has anyone ever used this one-handed Playstation controller? Apparently it was designed with RPGs in mind, looks cool.

Attachments

• s-l400-179689397.jpeg
    s-l400-179689397.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 29

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Model 2 Sega Saturn pad is my favorite. I mostly play fighting games and that one is just easy to use and lightweight. I own a Hori arcade stick which is arguably better but it is a pain in the ass to pull out and use.

Has anyone ever used this one-handed Playstation controller? Apparently it was designed with RPGs in mind, looks cool.
This looks similar to the PS Move controller I have used as a one-handed keyboard replacement in various games.

I have wrist problems and it's been a godsend, I just wish it had more buttons.