What is your favourite controller?

HansGonk

Squid Elf
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
View attachment 7807

They never make enough of these and that affects stock/pricing but there is nothing better for playing retro/2D games. That D-pad is one of the best out there.
I got beaten to the punch, BUT yeah this controller is amazing. I have the back macro buttons set up as alternate R2 and L2 buttons and man, let me tell ya, for the few games where you gotta rapidly press the R2 and L2 (or ZR and ZL) it's such a great controller. The amount of customization, convenience it has. It's, SO, So good!

I will say though, while I never owned an Xbox 360, that controller felt the best and it would of been perfect if the dpad was good. I also enjoy the Switch pro controlller, the dpad isn't the worst but it's adequate enough. I'm also a nostalgic sucker for the Dualshock 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I remember fondly how well the motion tracking of the Wii was, honestly the switch just doesn't hold up compared to the Wii mote

Virtual Cafe Awards

Coton

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The Big Ben Gamecube controller
téléchargement (1).png

There is no experience like the one you can have with this controller. You character going to the right or jumping without requested to, the disconnection of the controller for no reason in the middle of a game, the pain when you launch your Gamecube and nothing move because the controller is deead in the night despite being only 5 week old.

The long conversation with your parents when you try to explain the difference between this and an actual controller.

Them returning with this one anyway because it is 5€ cheaper than an official controller and *surprise!* they bought a game, a racing game, Cocoto Kart Racer ! The guy at the store told them it's just like mario kart :pepega::pepega::pepega:
cokrgc0f.jpg

Good memories

Virtual Cafe Awards

SeketMeto

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
3) The Gamecube controller. Even though I haven't play with it in a long time, I remember playing Smash Bros, Mario Kart DD and Soulcalibur 2 with it, and the feeling was amazing. (especially after 5 years of Dualshock 1)

2) The Xbox 360 controller. I still use it sometimes, it's perfect except for the D-pad which is decent at best.

1) The 8BitDo Pro +, this one is the real shit. Brilliant on PC, brilliant on Switch (the motion control and HD vibrations are as good as the joy-cons') with analog triggers and a near perfect D pad... I just wish they'd use asymmetrical joysticks, but hey, c'est la vie.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Minusfourty

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The Valve Knuckles, or dualshock 4 for normal use.

Attachments

• qwe_download.jpg
    qwe_download.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Valve-Knuckles-EV3.png
    Valve-Knuckles-EV3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Virtual Cafe Awards
For nostalgia purpose the N64 controller. Playing split screen goldeneye back in the day was good.

Otherwise I think the PS 4 controller is pretty good. Been keen to try a Scuf but it's not so easy to get your hands on one of those here in Aus

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
The X360 controller (And any other controllers that are similar like the Switch pro controller or third-party controllers) is my default for most games like platformers.

I play with the mouse and keyboard for most games on PC.

The Wii remote is very comfy for me and it's especially perfect for Mario galaxy.

I love the GCN controller specifically for Smash bros but not so much for other games.

Outside of the stick drifting, the Joy-cons are really cool in how versatile they feel. And I personally love how it DOESN'T have analog triggers. Also, in terms of portable play, it's very impressive since it pretty much has every button you need for games today. Past portables always had some buttons missing but the joy-cons have all the buttons you really need.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
I got a good and bad one for ya.

iu

This is a great third party n64 controller, the stick has a different mechanical design so it doesn't wear out like the first party controllers do. It's got a turbo button and is shaped more like a traditional controller for people that hate the normal N64 controller design. The only issue I've ever had with it is that the cable broke and had to be crimped at some point.

n64_madcatz_watermelon_ctl.jpg

This controller is an absolute pile of shit, my parents bought us 4 of these things to replace our worn out N64 controllers for one Christmas and literally none of them worked for longer than like a day and all of em had to be returned.

Virtual Cafe Awards

R_Savarin

undercover AI
Reaction score
Awards
Generally speaking I find the Xbox 360 controller to be the crém de la crém, at least for my preferred genres. It has the advantage of coming from a hardware line that began life with joysticks and was designed around them unlike the PS and it doesn't require extraordinary penile dexterity to operate it properly like the n64. That said, I do prefer a playstation styled controller on the off chance I play a platformer or something because the 360's dpad is legitimately pretty awful, it's just that I usually find having one stick up top is the better way to go.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I got a good and bad one for ya.

iu

This is a great third party n64 controller, the stick has a different mechanical design so it doesn't wear out like the first party controllers do. It's got a turbo button and is shaped more like a traditional controller for people that hate the normal N64 controller design. The only issue I've ever had with it is that the cable broke and had to be crimped at some point.

This right here is the controller I came into this thread to post. Favorite controller for any console I ever owned.

Virtual Cafe Awards