• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

What to do when the end of the world seems so imminent?

orokpetrus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I know these thoughts are probably temporary, but lately I've thinking a lot about how the world is changing so fast and everything is "falling apart", but despite this I still "have to live a normal life". There is an increasing number of natural disasters and international conflicts seem more likely as each day passes, there are only a few countries who actually care about the enviromental crisis and most of them (including mine) simply do nothing about it. Corporations were never so strong as they are now and everything serves their economic interests, our lives seem meaningless in comparison to their power and I don't think there's a way to change a thing about it.

All of this gets me really scared of what the future holds for us, I've had thoughts of giving up my studies and simply enjoy life at it's fullest until the final days, but I am also concerned of this "ending" not actually being close and losing many years of my life "doing nothing".

At the end, I'll keep on living my usual life, but those thoughts will always be there. I really do hope humanity is not doomed, after all, even with all the bad people out there, I have a bit of faith that everything will work out in the end.

Be safe y'all, and don't give up because of our situation, we haven't lived all these years for nothing.

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
If you're really afraid that the world's going to collapse, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to look into joining a self-sufficient commune. At the very least, have a garden for your own food and do some research on living in the wildlife. If your dad was a scout, ask for his handbook because that shit'll teach you how to live bare-naked in the woods.

Otherwise, find someone twice your size and get used to riding their dick in exchange for safety.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Only way to live forever, is to spread DNA, build/do something long-lasting, care for people (ideology), ...
We can all end up in cyber(delic)punk... But what is worse, :
world will change , and you will miss that. One moment, thing is disgusting and any other, it is normal. Makes me go batshit crazy. Average memory humanity has ... Like, 6 months. Disgusting; everything, and that is even even even worse:
When sharing ideas etc., Powers to be (p2b, ptb) can control nearly every aspect of life nowadays. Only way to stop this, is to leave them alone. If you can't stop what's going on, move away. Make, run to your own world.

There is nothing but you. Nothing you do is bad, if you are against power_triping byrocrats, isn't it that?

Virtual Cafe Awards
We can still enjoy the purge, or at least die happy. Because why to care. If we unite, then (we can eat up those rich bitches.... Ok, "Aquarius energy" rebel) we can do nearly anything.

That's all the circus is about. If whole country stands up against army... It will at least cause problems on explaining things to... Some tribunal in Brussels or something; to point it that way. If nothing, it is at least pretty pretty pretty emberassing... /Hj

E: on serious note - web visioned in 95-2000s (2013) is over. If it wasn't forever that way - you just rent (many things...) Space on web. Long are gone/I'd that was even real, the days of (anemoia probably) World Wide/Wild *West*/Web, where you should do anything, nerds were the only frequentants and kids wouldn't be disgusing meaningless crap.
Like, Tumblr had its ways, tries to push things... But man, kids even back then had some etiquette and humor, wasn't it true?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
959061145ee748fa3ed0ec7a28b2c7b9.jpg
"I know these thoughts are probably temporary, but lately I've thinking a lot about how Christendom is changing so fast and everything "in se magna ruunt", but despite this I still must "age quod agis". An increasing number of signs and portents are seen in the heavens, an invasion from the devilish Turk seems more likely as each day passes, and there are only a few kingdoms who actually care about the fate of our immortal souls and most of them (including mine) simply do nothing about it. Merchant guilds and monastic orders were never so strong as they are now and everything serves their economic interests, our lives seem meaningless in comparison to their power and I don't think there's a way to change a thing about it."

Virtual Cafe Awards
What is easier, few people dead, or all dying because there is nothing we can do about )))this((( ? (#lastgen)

Problem, really, isn't if you will clobber some CEO and or his drones.
It is the ideas.

Capitalism "won" because it is, somewhat, preferable for both sides, leech and host. One can't be W/o another, yet, they hate each other...

Capitalism should be as simple as possible. No cronyism, no Reaganism, Thatcher, neolib tomfoolery or any social ideology included within. No politics. You got stuff, I got stuff, we change money. No hard maths.
Markets? What gives you right to tell prices because we are all connected and someone "shared the rumors" about some (relative, nothing-proven, made-up) price???

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Depends which kind of end of the world is, if it is nuclear war, i can just move to argentina and enjoy the rest of my days in a post apocaliptic winter wonderland.

if it is an inminent asteroid, idk, go to the disco, get drunk, get a hooker and idk, get out and spent my last days in my favorite bridge and then just move to my village to spent the real final days with my parents.

if it is a pandemic with 90% of mortality, i'll just shoot myself up.

I don't think much about it i don't care either.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Similar thread

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
My idea of the end of the world is when you die, or you live a wasted life, if you keep complaining about everything, don't do anything about it, and just seethe and keep yourself shut in your small place getting crushed under the construct perspective all the time, not fighting back and just accepting your destiny, never doing anything, never improving yourself, never becoming better everyday, just breath as a sour old scum.

That my friend, is what i see as someone who's already dead, a living walking end of the world, and i feel no pity if you rot, because i'm already seeing a tombstone.

Virtual Cafe Awards

orokpetrus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
We can still enjoy the purge, or at least die happy. Because why to care. If we unite, then (we can eat up those rich bitches.... Ok, "Aquarius energy" rebel) we can do nearly anything.

That's all the circus is about. If whole country stands up against army... It will at least cause problems on explaining things to... Some tribunal in Brussels or something; to point it that way. If nothing, it is at least pretty pretty pretty emberassing... /Hj
the idea of uniting against corporations and goverments is the only solution imo, but it would need to be extremely organized and people should ignore their differences (specially when it comes to political ideologies), at least for a while, for this to happen. Unfortunately, big corporations run the most accessed websites and there's almost no way to make it happen through conventional social media, considering that it would be easily dismantled.

the idea of uniting against corporations and goverments is the only solution imo, but it would need to be extremely organized and people should ignore their differences (specially when it comes to political ideologies), at least for a while, for this to happen. Unfortunately, big corporations run the most accessed websites and there's almost no way to make it happen through conventional social media, considering that it would be easily dismantled.
It can happen only spontaneously then.
To notice you are frog, being boiled alive...

Virtual Cafe Awards

orokpetrus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
My idea of the end of the world is when you die, or you live a wasted life, if you keep complaining about everything, don't do anything about it, and just seethe and keep yourself shut in your small place getting crushed under the construct perspective all the time, not fighting back and just accepting your destiny, never doing anything, never improving yourself, never becoming better everyday, just breath as a sour old scum.

That my friend, is what i see as someone who's already dead, a living walking end of the world, and i feel no pity if you rot, because i'm already seeing a tombstone.
I've been trying for a while to improve myself and it's working, those thoughts just came to my head and I couldn't help but to think about them a bit. I've wasted too much time hating myself and not seeking professional help, so I finally started therapy a couple of months ago and I've grown quite opstimic about my life, despite our current situation lol.

Reaction score
Awards
so I finally started therapy a couple of months ago and I've grown quite opstimic about my life, despite our current situation lol.
And that's a huge, huuuuge start, trust me, the older you get you'll start to think "hey, stuff are not that bad after all" or you will be like me and stop caring about the bad stuff and only caring about the positive stuff, everyone can talk shit and be a nihilist weakling, but it requires a true man to live under hardships, and still smiling back at life, because no matter how hard we got hit, our bodies can handle it, our minds on the other hand, is the thing that requires the most trainining is funnily enough our mind, because as i said physical pain can heal, emotional, can take years, that's why resilliance is so important.

Trust me, you are doing the right thing, if you continue that path you will be stronger than ever before, confident, and by extention be better, and i tell you this as a person with a shitton of mental conditions, don't be afraid because life will always smile to you, and that's all that should matter.

I could suggest you to read Camus and Sartre, i'm not big into books i found them boring, but is absurdism and existentialism philosophy helped me quite a lot to understand myself better and find a way to self improve, you can do it boss, don't give up.

Virtual Cafe Awards

But what to do? Fight if you can't win, do what you want... (Inner Stirner lol)
Have you got (mom call them, and they prolly are, just desilussions), where you are afraid of yourself, because you think you'll hurt others, or you just want to /intrusive thoughts/ kick somebody because "you are not the best"?
I don't want to be like this. It is just - you want back what others have "stolen" from you, your mood, positivity, groove, hopes... You want what they have. Not really, you don't know the pain of success maybe - you just want revenge, or at least, tables turned...

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
But what to do? Fight if you can't win, do what you want... (Inner Stirner lol)
Have you got (mom call them, and they prolly are, just desilussions), where you are afraid of yourself, because you think you'll hurt others, or you just want to /intrusive thoughts/ kick somebody because "you are not the best"?
I don't want to be like this. It is just - you want back what others have "stolen" from you, your mood, positivity, groove, hopes... You want what they have. Not really, you don't know the pain of success maybe - you just want revenge, or at least, tables turned...
I love you man, completely 100%, but i have no idea what are you trying to tell me this time.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I love you man, completely 100%, but i have no idea what are you trying to tell me this time.
It is more of "finding a person to blame" than of anything that happened, because nothing that much haven't.
I just want to be kid, happy, innocent, good because it feels good... Nowadays it feels you are wrong to feel this way, that it is something broken in you, that you are not supposed to be that way - that you have to suck it in, drop it at hope and wait for maybe purge, to let all your internal hell going on, get rampant, or to let it make you bitter... Now, I am In the middle
Too dumb to feel my importance, too smart to do anything about that (convincing myself that I am making things up, to be toxic-positive;)
"It's fiiiiiine!!!!" Sure /smirk! I am another pseudo-intellectual raised by internet who would end up like those philosophy cookie-cutouts, if I only had a thing to say, better something that no one ever heard off, didn't notice yet ...

Virtual Cafe Awards
It's undeniable that the world is in a more precarious state than ever but the best strategy is to simply harden yourself against what the future may hold. For anyone aware of the current situation becoming as self sufficient as possible should be the goal. This doesn't necessarily mean moving out to the woods in Montana and building a Ted-Shed, but taking proactive measures like paying off credit card debt, learning marketable skills, and generally learning how to do things on your own will greatly benefit you apocalypse or not. Skills like basic vehicle maintenance (if you have a car), how to garden, or how to repair electronics will be invaluable if things ever do go to hell. Preparedness is a mindset.
All of this gets me really scared of what the future holds for us, I've had thoughts of giving up my studies and simply enjoy life at it's fullest until the final days, but I am also concerned of this "ending" not actually being close and losing many years of my life "doing nothing".
This isn't the correct outlook to live with because I don't think we are going to see some type of apocalyptic event (like WWIII) in our lifetime where the world just "ends". We will inevitably see a global economic depression and the quality of life crater in the Western world. We are entering the Fourth Turning and with it will come numerous crises for which we are long overdue.

The biggest issue with the world today is the highly interdependent and complex system which is the global economy. Think about something like semiconductors. There is one company in the entire world today which manufactures the highly advanced photolithography equipment required for producing semiconductors (ASML in the Netherlands). There is then again one company which manufactures the bulk of semiconductors using that equipment (TSMC in Taiwan). We are reliant on a hypercentralized, overextended system of a billion moving parts which we just take for granted. I believe at any time this system could stop. Look at what something like COVID did to the world economy. The response to COVID from governments around the world was objectively far greater than any threat COVID could have posed. And many companies have yet to recover from the impacts that it had. If an event like that were to occur again it could potentially snowball into something much worse with far greater economic damage.

orokpetrus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I could suggest you to read Camus and Sartre, i'm not big into books i found them boring, but is absurdism and existentialism philosophy helped me quite a lot to understand myself better and find a way to self improve, you can do it boss, don't give up.
I never took the time to read a philosophy book because I've always been more into sociology, but I'm gonna give it a try, I find it interesting and I think it's a good moment to read it now. And thank you for your words!!

orokpetrus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
It's undeniable that the world is in a more precarious state than ever but the best strategy is to simply harden yourself against what the future may hold. For anyone aware of the current situation becoming as self sufficient as possible should be the goal. This doesn't necessarily mean moving out to the woods in Montana and building a Ted-Shed, but taking proactive measures like paying off credit card debt, learning marketable skills, and generally learning how to do things on your own will greatly benefit you apocalypse or not. Skills like basic vehicle maintenance (if you have a car), how to garden, or how to repair electronics will be invaluable if things ever do go to hell. Preparedness is a mindset.

This isn't the correct outlook to live with because I don't think we are going to see some type of apocalyptic event (like WWIII) in our lifetime where the world just "ends". We will inevitably see a global economic depression and the quality of life crater in the Western world. We are entering the Fourth Turning and with it will come numerous crises for which we are long overdue.

The biggest issue with the world today is the highly interdependent and complex system which is the global economy. Think about something like semiconductors. There is one company in the entire world today which manufactures the highly advanced photolithography equipment required for producing semiconductors (ASML in the Netherlands). There is then again one company which manufactures the bulk of semiconductors using that equipment (TSMC in Taiwan). We are reliant on a hypercentralized, overextended system of a billion moving parts which we just take for granted. I believe at any time this system could stop. Look at what something like COVID did to the world economy. The response to COVID from governments around the world was objectively far greater than any threat COVID could have posed. And many companies have yet to recover from the impacts that it had. If an event like that were to occur again it could potentially snowball into something much worse with far greater economic damage.
Imo a big crisis would force many things to change (and for the better I hope), because goverments and companies usually only give a shit about something when they suffer the impacts of it. Of course everything wouldn't be fixed if this were to happen, but I think it's probably how things are going to happen anyway

Reaction score
Awards
I never took the time to read a philosophy book because I've always been more into sociology, but I'm gonna give it a try, I find it interesting and I think it's a good moment to read it now. And thank you for your words!!
Yeah, just don't force yourself either, i hate to force myself to do stuff, just do it if you want and when you feel ready, to be honest the most important thing is to remember to take it easy, relax and enjoy every moment, trust me PepSiDawgwitcan

Virtual Cafe Awards