What type of speakers for listening to vaporwave?

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
What type of speaker do you recomend?
I have 1 requirement the speakers must not have too much bass (something like JBL) i want clean sound production speaker. Best with amplifier build in them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 795

What are you planning on using the speakers FOR? Studio monitors, for example, have VERY different criteria for choices, as those need to have a brutally-honest, flat response. And stereo speakers, for the most part, have a certain degree of frequency "hype" to them, usually in the low-mids. Also, what sort of ROOM will these go into, since that'll also make a sizable impact on how your speakers perform?

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
What are you planning on using the speakers FOR? Studio monitors, for example, have VERY different criteria for choices, as those need to have a brutally-honest, flat response. And stereo speakers, for the most part, have a certain degree of frequency "hype" to them, usually in the low-mids. Also, what sort of ROOM will these go into, since that'll also make a sizable impact on how your speakers perform?
Well these speakers are going to go into my garage, I'm doing a little project. I want to have speakers that are specifically for record players. i currently have soundfreaq speakers that currently connects to my audio technical Lp60 that works well, but its just one. I kinda want something that will fill the room. Like a surround sound.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 795

Ahhhh..so, we need to look at something powered but which ALSO hits that home audio hotspot.

Check these puppies out: https://reverb.com/item/35678134-krk-rokit-8-rp8-g3-active-studio-monitors-pair They're NOT home stereo speakers, but powered studio monitors. Pretty flat, pretty honest-sounding, and actually sort of descendants of my KRK 9000B monitors, which have a similar driver complement. Now, these are "pickup only", but since the Rokit8 (and its 3-way sibling, the Rokit 10-3) aren't uncommon, just keep an eye on Reverb and/or eBay and a pair should pop up that can ship or which are close enough to pick up in person. And the price isn't all that hideous for what they are.

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Ahhhh..so, we need to look at something powered but which ALSO hits that home audio hotspot.

Check these puppies out: https://reverb.com/item/35678134-krk-rokit-8-rp8-g3-active-studio-monitors-pair They're NOT home stereo speakers, but powered studio monitors. Pretty flat, pretty honest-sounding, and actually sort of descendants of my KRK 9000B monitors, which have a similar driver complement. Now, these are "pickup only", but since the Rokit8 (and its 3-way sibling, the Rokit 10-3) aren't uncommon, just keep an eye on Reverb and/or eBay and a pair should pop up that can ship or which are close enough to pick up in person. And the price isn't all that hideous for what they are.
Hey thanks man I appreciate it! pepsimanthumbsup

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 795

Hey thanks man I appreciate it! pepsimanthumbsup
No prob...one thing I think you'll appreciate about the larger KRK Rokits is how the ported bass is so ridiculously TIGHT. Everything's right where it should be, no "wolf tones", none of that shit. Just flatness...big, loud, kicky flatness.

Deleted member 795

i like my car stereo. i have long commutes so i listen to alot of tapes.
Car stereo good. One factoid from the 1960s: back in the days when Motown still was using the old "Hitsville USA" studio, one critical piece of gear they were VERY reliant on was a crappy oval speaker mounted in a beat-up wood box. But that was not just any old speaker...it was a part that GM typically used in their car radio installations back then. Remember: this was when AM "boss radio" was the thing...BIG rock and r&b signals all over, sometimes nationwide at night, and that crap speaker box was designed to make DAMN sure that those Motown hits would sound perfect when they came out of your dash. And no need for stereo, either...just that BIG, BOOMING soul sound...

Much easier than the "radio check" system used back in the old days in Memphis. As an example of that, when Sam Phillips got done cutting Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" on a test acetate over at Sun, he ran it over to WDIA to see what sort of turmoil it would cause. Basically, if it sounded good on WDIA, then the station's phone lines would blow up. And they did. You had a lot of the labels there doing that...Stax, Hi, and so on, and quite often back in the years from the mid-1950s up thru the early 1970s, Memphis listeners often got to hear music history...before it was music history!

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Car stereo good. One factoid from the 1960s: back in the days when Motown still was using the old "Hitsville USA" studio, one critical piece of gear they were VERY reliant on was a crappy oval speaker mounted in a beat-up wood box. But that was not just any old speaker...it was a part that GM typically used in their car radio installations back then. Remember: this was when AM "boss radio" was the thing...BIG rock and r&b signals all over, sometimes nationwide at night, and that crap speaker box was designed to make DAMN sure that those Motown hits would sound perfect when they came out of your dash. And no need for stereo, either...just that BIG, BOOMING soul sound...

Much easier than the "radio check" system used back in the old days in Memphis. As an example of that, when Sam Phillips got done cutting Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" on a test acetate over at Sun, he ran it over to WDIA to see what sort of turmoil it would cause. Basically, if it sounded good on WDIA, then the station's phone lines would blow up. And they did. You had a lot of the labels there doing that...Stax, Hi, and so on, and quite often back in the years from the mid-1950s up thru the early 1970s, Memphis listeners often got to hear music history...before it was music history!
damn thanks for the history lesson! its much appreciated, i love history.

Virtual Cafe Awards