What upcoming Video Games are you looking forward to?

• Thread starter Duvet
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 12798 times.

Duvet

Drowning In Nostalgia
Reaction score
Awards
Hiya =p
Just a thread to share games we're excited about! I figured it could be a good way for people to discover something new to be excited about during the game industries "dry spells" and maybe help prevent burnout.

Ill start! I am quite looking forward to a game called "HumanKind", it is a fancy new strategy game which looks aesthetically very similar to Civilization VI though it is suppose to be quite different.

What are you looking forward to?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
ELDEN RING
OOOOOHHHHH ELDEN RING
SHATTERED BY SOMEONE
OR SOMETHING
ELDEN RING.jpg

Been a long time coming.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

SECONDING ELDEN RING
I'm also excited for Dome King Cabbage and Potion Craft Alchemist Simulator

Deleted member 2652

game-steam-white-day-a-labyrinth-named-school-cover.jpg

Super stoked for White Day 2. For those who don't know, the original was a Korean horror game released in 2001. You play as a kid who must brave through a haunted school fraught with all sorts of creepy stuff: A murderous janitor, spider women, floating heads, etc. In short, hella spoopy! It became a cult gem for very good reason

Deleted member 1930

metroid 5, breath of the wild 2, plus a long-ish list of other that are already out, I just havent got to yet.

EDIT: supposedly Knights of the Old Republic is coming to Switch? If so, I'm amped for that, I've neve rplayed it

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaporeon

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Stray and Sons of the Forest

Virtual Cafe Awards

Plasmawiz

Resident biologist
Reaction score
Awards
Looking forward to Kerbal Space Program 2 coming sometime next year.
It's been great with how transparent the devs have been on the progress on the game (we get at least two major feature previews or dev logs every month), and their honesty when it came to delaying it for two years to get it right.

Virtual Cafe Awards
ELDEN RING
OOOOOHHHHH ELDEN RING
SHATTERED BY SOMEONE
OR SOMETHING
View attachment 4214

Been a long time coming.
Definitely Elden Ring!

Theres a game that is very much a tribute to Baldurs Gate (that isn't Baldurs Gate 3) called Black Geyser that I'm keen to check out

Virtual Cafe Awards

Obake

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Right now all of my excitement is going towards Metroid Dread, but there's a few other games I'm looking forward to picking up this year: Shin Megami Tensei V, Pokemon, Pocky & Rocky, Valis Collection, and that Zelda Game & Watch. There's some really nice stuff coming out this year.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This topic has made me realise there's no future games I'm excited about :(
Due to the pandemic. Many developers struggling to get used to work from home and as a result, many acclaimed games delayed or pushed further and some of them turn out a fiasco, look at Cyberpunk 2077. It was a hyped game for 10 years, until players started to notice bugs and glitches and even hacked the CD projekt which it was unacceptable. One of the huge mistakes companies do is to throw the most budget on marketing and not improving the product. I think when will Metroid Prime 4, Botw 2 and Pikmin 4 be released.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Quiveringlip

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Due to the pandemic. Many developers struggling to get used to work from home and as a result, many acclaimed games delayed or pushed further and some of them turn out a fiasco, look at Cyberpunk 2077. It was a hyped game for 10 years, until players started to notice bugs and glitches and even hacked the CD projekt which it was unacceptable. One of the huge mistakes companies do is to throw the most budget on marketing and not improving the product. I think when will Metroid Prime 4, Botw 2 and Pikmin 4 be released.

I find myself being more and more casual, I don't have time to spend 40 hours on one game so I need something quick like spelunky. Can't deal with story based games now I'm old

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I find myself being more and more casual, I don't have time to spend 40 hours on one game so I need something quick like spelunky. Can't deal with story based games now I'm old
Because my time as a student is limited. And gaming is costly hobby.

Virtual Cafe Awards