What upcoming Video Games are you looking forward to?

• Thread starter Duvet
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 12796 times.

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
They said Hollow Knight Silksong was gonna come out next year.
Then again, they also it would come out next year back in 2019.
But even the wait for Silksong is nothing compared to a certain other game series which happens to be my favorite, ever. I honestly thought the fourth entry was cancelled after it was "almost done" back in 2015 and then radio silence for the next 7 years.
website_mini_0002_mini1.jpg

pikmin-4-button-mod-1663093777703.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
I patiently await Armored Core 6, the game seems to be stuck in a "we will get to it eventually" continuum since From hit it big with Dark Souls.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it came out structured more like Armored Souls or Elden Core at this point, the only thing I think I can count on is for the online PvP to be poorly balanced on release.

Oh I think Daemon X Machina 2 is also being worked on ATM, so that would also be nice.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards

Fractalactals

Breakbeat
Reaction score
Awards
I was looking forward to Scorn and I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, really glad it's finally out.
I was also looking forward to Darktide because it seemed to be Space Hulk: Deathwing done well but from the videos of the closed beta I've seen it has too much UI bloat and seems overcomplicated so they can sell season pass, cosmetics and DLC.
Homeworld 3 very much anticipate, but you never know, I still have not forgotten Dawn of War 3.
Space Marine 2 and Starfield next year.
I know Starfield will suck in the typical Bethesda fashion but at this point I don't care, I want to explore a large game world in a NEW SETTING. I'M SICK OF SEQUELS AND REHASHES.

And whenever the new Armored Core and Ace Combat games come out, maybe next decade.

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KFiOp2o4L8

Anyone know anything about Signalis? I subscribed to the dev's Youtube channel after seeing the first trailer and then completely forgot about it. At the time I assumed the game was vaporware, but today I got a notification that it's been released. The visual style is great (the dev is clearly taking cues from several super-famous anime and manga, but that's not necessarily a bad thing) and the gameplay looks interesting. I'm definitely going to be checking it out.
I don't know why so many people complain about indie games being dead, new and interesting stuff is coming out all the time if you know where to look for it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cecil

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
They said Hollow Knight Silksong was gonna come out next year.
Then again, they also it would come out next year back in 2019.
But even the wait for Silksong is nothing compared to a certain other game series which happens to be my favorite, ever. I honestly thought the fourth entry was cancelled after it was "almost done" back in 2015 and then radio silence for the next 7 years.
View attachment 39468
View attachment 39469
For me it's Street Fighter 6 but Pikmin 4 is a huge huge want.
I think the reason for the delay was it probably being made for the dead Wii U or the like. They probably wanted to wait for a more sure thing, or some other such nonsense.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I've got a rant that I've got nowhere to really put other than here.
It's been five years since the release of Doki Doki Literature Club. I remember playing the game myself barely a few months after release when it was picking up a bit, I was about 15 years old and sad, and I enjoyed it. What I was excited for though wasn't that anymore but it was a thing Dan Salvato said, maybe a year or two after DDLC, that he was working on another visual novel, apparently a science-fiction type of one. When I heard that I was pretty excited and started waiting for a teaser or some news to drop. I waited a year, and I kinda forgot about it. Then last year, I was reminded once again by the news of DDLC Plus. That game idea was unappealing, it kinda got rid of that "character file" twist even if it was already gimmicky, and now it's got 'side content' and whatnot. Sounds a bit like trampling the original thing, but I honestly don't care about that because I can ignore it. What actually annoyed me was that it made it quite obvious that in this whole time, 'Team Salvato' had not done a single thing on this sci-fi visual novel that I was curious to at least see. I mean, he must have made a bucketload of money and I'd do the same in his shoes, but that doesn't stop me in my own shoes from being annoyed.
There's still not a peep on that new project, so I suspect that he has dropped it. But if he hasn't, then I guess that'll be the upcoming video game I am looking forward to.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Darktide
Tomorrow!

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
As a huge sega/dreamcast fan, I'm really looking forward to Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. Jet Set Radio is one of my favorites and its great to see a new game with the same spirit.

View: https://youtu.be/r-cE0PK9TeQ

Check this shit out.

I'm really excited about Bomb rush cyberfunk as well! If Sega won't make a new JSR might as well play this game. The soundtrack is also looking to be pretty awesome.
View: https://youtu.be/duqb8xP3Ptk

View: https://youtu.be/1Z9uJidqF_I

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
S&box - sequel to Gmod in Source 2 being made by Garry.

Putting aside the technical upgrades Source 2 offers (most of which are due to being a modern engine, and not a twenty year old upgrade of Quake's tech), what I've seen of S&box is extremely promising for allowing you to much more easily create full-featured & self-contained mods. Gmod always had this problem, where to build atop it, you end up in some very hacky territory (not to mention the pretty harsh limit imposed in some places where you'd hit the limits of Hammer & GLua w/ a hard "to continue you must recompile the engine & make your own game"), and the game always feels kind of flimsy atop the sandbox base. I get the feeling from what I've seen that S&box makes this kind of thing easier, you can more easily make "total conversion" type addons, use it as a development platform for your own projects - very very promising!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking forward to IOI's Project 007. After playing through the Hitman trilogy I think they're the perfect developer for a Bond game.
I wish I could say I am excited for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 but everything I've seen so far makes it hard to be optimistic.
It really is a dark age for video games; seems like everything that comes out is plagued with bugs, microtransactions, etc.

Virtual Cafe Awards