What's new

What was the first Vaporwave you ever listened to?

• Thread starter h
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 5095 times.

h

New Traveler
LV

Pretty much all in the title; what track got you into vaporwave?

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
LV

Awards
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhAwP7C0h7s[/youtube]

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
How I first got into it was through simpsonwave and then I fell down the rabithole....

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
LV

Awards
I think around 2013 or so someone sent me a random Bandcamp link that was some kind of king of the hill related vaporwave. I was confused and I don't remember what it sounded like.

Shortly after that I somehow stumbled into the Dream Catalogue Bandcamp and downloaded some big compilation. Again, don't remember anything about that.

Then one day about a year later I was letting YouTube go wild on some 70/80s Japanese tv theme songs (Sukeban Deka in particular) and suddenly the next thing it plays is a 猫 シ Corp track and I was hooked immediately. It wasn't until then that I really recognized that vaporwave was a thing that was happening.

Edit: it was this -> [youtube]https://youtu.be/o9WcWOdnrZ8[/youtube]

Orlando Smooth

New Traveler
LV

Around 2015 I first hear LISA FRANK 420 MODERN COMPUTING and was intrigued but... didn't quite get it. I searched youtube for more vaporwave and found myself listening to slowed down versions of Africa and such, which I enjoyed as a novelty but wasn't attached to. Then 猫 シ Corp. and Eco Virtual started showing up in my recommendations. Atmosphere's 1 was my first download, and from there I just got sucked into the rabbit hole.

A35TH3T1C B01

‍♂vaporwave god‍♂
LV

Found some website called Bandcamp in 2013 and did some lurking. Found fortune 500 and download Empire Building, not thinking much of it. Boy, was I wrong.

LooseBolt

New Traveler
LV

Orlando Smooth said:
Around 2015 I first hear LISA FRANK 420 MODERN COMPUTING and was intrigued but... didn't quite get it. I searched youtube for more vaporwave and found myself listening to slowed down versions of Africa and such, which I enjoyed as a novelty but wasn't attached to. Then 猫 シ Corp. and Eco Virtual started showing up in my recommendations. Atmosphere's 1 was my first download, and from there I just got sucked into the rabbit hole.

Very similar story to yours. Back in 2015, I was obsessed with Death Grips and I was listening to random mash-ups on YouTube. Naturally the Lisa Frank 420/Lord of the Game video came up and I was intrigued by the album art, so I immediately flipped to the Floral Shoppe link in my recommended. I heard Tar Baby and I was hooked. The rest is history.

HYPERTEXT

RUNNING THRU HYPERSPACE
LV

First ever vaporwave I ever listened to was Macintosh Plus 420. What really got me into vaporwave was Blank Banshee. Everything after that is a blur.

ScaffoldedBuilding

Active Traveler
LV

Awards
I remember listening to Macintosh plus - リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー in the beginning but what truly fot me hooked would probably be 2814 - Birth of A New Day which is still one of my favourite ambient albums.
It really inspired me to make my own ambient stuff. :D

Macintosh Cafe.FM
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.