What's new

What was the first Vaporwave you ever listened to?

• Thread starter h
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 5734 times.

Vaporweeb

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
Fashwave and Worldcorp Enterprises, Pretty bad start.
I'd never heard of Worldcorp before this. Commenters on the soundcloud page are mentioning cults and CP... :monkaW:
I've got no context for any of this so I'd love to hear any.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Awards
search it up
ワールドケープは、デマまたはある種のねじれたアートプロジェクトのいずれかです。どちらにしても非常に味が悪く、作成者が考えるほど挑発的ではありませんでした。それが誰かのこのジャンルへの最初の露出である可能性があるかどうかはわかりません、それはレトロな美学以外に蒸気波とはあまり関係がありません

Virtual Cafe Awards

TribalNightmares

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
ワールドケープは、デマまたはある種のねじれたアートプロジェクトのいずれかです。どちらにしても非常に味が悪く、作成者が考えるほど挑発的ではありませんでした。それが誰かのこのジャンルへの最初の露出である可能性があるかどうかはわかりません、それはレトロな美学以外に蒸気波とはあまり関係がありません
カバーアートは蒸気波です

Virtual Cafe Awards

Throwed Genji

Traveler
Awards
Someone showed me a youtube visual mix titled, G O O N P A L A C E which had various artists and stood out to me. Also finding SoundStation's channel was amazing to me, I found a Blank Body song Safe Hex 3 on there with a cool visual and from there I became obsessed finding everything

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

ファミチキ
Awards
The first vaporwave song I heard was a remix of a Sonic level track with something like this as the cover image for it.
901B4E99-A43A-439A-BF39-0DB6D1819013.png

This was around 2013 or 2014 maybe?It was only uploaded to a random blog though so I haven't been able to find it again. I really liked the track, but didn't know what vaporwave was.
pretty shortly after I found an upload of the song ECCOと悪寒ダイビング by Macintosh Plus, then I really got into vaporwave through that. I listened to the album Floral Shoppe really obsessively for a while.;)

Virtual Cafe Awards