What was the first Vaporwave you ever listened to?

• Thread starter h
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 8983 times.

h

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Pretty much all in the title; what track got you into vaporwave?

Virtual Cafe Awards

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhAwP7C0h7s[/youtube]

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
How I first got into it was through simpsonwave and then I fell down the rabithole....

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
Reaction score
Awards
Website
open.spotify.com
I think around 2013 or so someone sent me a random Bandcamp link that was some kind of king of the hill related vaporwave. I was confused and I don't remember what it sounded like.

Shortly after that I somehow stumbled into the Dream Catalogue Bandcamp and downloaded some big compilation. Again, don't remember anything about that.

Then one day about a year later I was letting YouTube go wild on some 70/80s Japanese tv theme songs (Sukeban Deka in particular) and suddenly the next thing it plays is a 猫 シ Corp track and I was hooked immediately. It wasn't until then that I really recognized that vaporwave was a thing that was happening.

Edit: it was this -> [youtube]https://youtu.be/o9WcWOdnrZ8[/youtube]

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Around 2015 I first hear LISA FRANK 420 MODERN COMPUTING and was intrigued but... didn't quite get it. I searched youtube for more vaporwave and found myself listening to slowed down versions of Africa and such, which I enjoyed as a novelty but wasn't attached to. Then 猫 シ Corp. and Eco Virtual started showing up in my recommendations. Atmosphere's 1 was my first download, and from there I just got sucked into the rabbit hole.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chiefahleaf

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
My first song that I can remember to listening to Vaporwave was Enjoy Yourself By Saint Pepsi.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LooseBolt

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Orlando Smooth said:
Around 2015 I first hear LISA FRANK 420 MODERN COMPUTING and was intrigued but... didn't quite get it. I searched youtube for more vaporwave and found myself listening to slowed down versions of Africa and such, which I enjoyed as a novelty but wasn't attached to. Then 猫 シ Corp. and Eco Virtual started showing up in my recommendations. Atmosphere's 1 was my first download, and from there I just got sucked into the rabbit hole.

Very similar story to yours. Back in 2015, I was obsessed with Death Grips and I was listening to random mash-ups on YouTube. Naturally the Lisa Frank 420/Lord of the Game video came up and I was intrigued by the album art, so I immediately flipped to the Floral Shoppe link in my recommended. I heard Tar Baby and I was hooked. The rest is history.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Arkino

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Whitewoods - beachwalk

If not, it was probably saint pepsi or blank banshee.

HYPERTEXT

RUNNING THRU HYPERSPACE
Reaction score
Website
hypertext7.neocities.org
First ever vaporwave I ever listened to was Macintosh Plus 420. What really got me into vaporwave was Blank Banshee. Everything after that is a blur.

Deleted member 1066

I remember listening to Macintosh plus - リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー in the beginning but what truly fot me hooked would probably be 2814 - Birth of A New Day which is still one of my favourite ambient albums.
It really inspired me to make my own ambient stuff. :D

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Blank Banshee

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
それは良い質問です。ヴェイパーウェイヴとは長い間一緒にいたので、たくさんのアクトを覚えていますが、最初に聴いたアルバムはカラット事件だったのを覚えています。エコージャムの前に何もないところからこのジャンルを発明した彼らは、今でも私を驚かせています。非常に革命的なグループ、良い曲。あなたが初期の蒸気波が好きなら、私は間違いなくそれらをお勧めします、彼らは過小評価されています。

Virtual Cafe Awards
First ever vaporwave I ever listened to was Macintosh Plus 420. What really got me into vaporwave was Blank Banshee.
Pretty much exactly this, here. I couldn't even see how the 2 were the same genre. And, maybe they aren't! But they all seem to be intertwined, in a way. 2814 was the next big discovery that told me I was headed down a path of a whole bunch of music that I enjoy, but had never even heard of before.

I found myself discovering some early Frank Zappa this morning, and I enjoy it quite a bit. But I've heard of Frank Zappa, I've seen his face, and I had a general idea of what I was in for. Discovering different artists in the "vapor space" is a total different experience. I haven't heard of any of these people and the music is so new and fresh to me. I also discovered Daniel Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never, Chuck Person) along the way and, damn. He's just too damn talented, creative, and prolific.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Blank Banshee
私が聞いたところによると、空白のバンシーは多くの人々を蒸気波に巻き込んだ。それは非常に親しみやすく、消化しやすく、蒸気とトラップの組み合わせはそれに少しキックを与えます

Virtual Cafe Awards