What was the first Vaporwave you ever listened to?

• Thread starter h
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 8982 times.

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Fashwave and Worldcorp Enterprises, Pretty bad start.
I'd never heard of Worldcorp before this. Commenters on the soundcloud page are mentioning cults and CP... :monkaW:
I've got no context for any of this so I'd love to hear any.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
search it up
ワールドケープは、デマまたはある種のねじれたアートプロジェクトのいずれかです。どちらにしても非常に味が悪く、作成者が考えるほど挑発的ではありませんでした。それが誰かのこのジャンルへの最初の露出である可能性があるかどうかはわかりません、それはレトロな美学以外に蒸気波とはあまり関係がありません

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2006

ワールドケープは、デマまたはある種のねじれたアートプロジェクトのいずれかです。どちらにしても非常に味が悪く、作成者が考えるほど挑発的ではありませんでした。それが誰かのこのジャンルへの最初の露出である可能性があるかどうかはわかりません、それはレトロな美学以外に蒸気波とはあまり関係がありません
カバーアートは蒸気波です

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Throwed Genji

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
Someone showed me a youtube visual mix titled, G O O N P A L A C E which had various artists and stood out to me. Also finding SoundStation's channel was amazing to me, I found a Blank Body song Safe Hex 3 on there with a cool visual and from there I became obsessed finding everything

Virtual Cafe Awards

kamichan504

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
Pretty much all in the title; what track got you into vaporwave?
Wasn't a specific track for me. More like a specific artist. t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

The first vaporwave song I heard was a remix of a Sonic level track with something like this as the cover image for it.
901B4E99-A43A-439A-BF39-0DB6D1819013.png

This was around 2013 or 2014 maybe?It was only uploaded to a random blog though so I haven't been able to find it again. I really liked the track, but didn't know what vaporwave was.
pretty shortly after I found an upload of the song ECCOと悪寒ダイビング by Macintosh Plus, then I really got into vaporwave through that. I listened to the album Floral Shoppe really obsessively for a while.;)

Reaction score
Awards

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea_UOPzuyZU
this playlist is what got me into vaporwave. I think I first heard what vaporwave was through the memes. I remember recognizing the iconic vaporwave song, machintosh plus 420, in a roblox game then asked around what it was. After that I looked up vaporwave on youtube and clicked that exact playlist.

Virtual Cafe Awards