What was your childhood video game handheld?

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I got an old colorless Gameboy from my uncle waaaay back in 2008. I had happened to find it at his house and he said I could keep it. The only game he had for it was tetris but I played it a ton anyway. It still works, too. In more than 13 years, not once have I had to change the batteries. Now that's a portable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
before i got my DS Lite for christmas, i had an atomic purple gameboy color that had pokemon silver in it when my mom's friend gave it to me. i was super stoked and would spend most of the day playing on it. my ds lite was amazing and i was in love with it, eventually i ended up trading one and selling the other both to my friend. huge regret all i got out of it was a shitty airsoft gun and like five dollars. still hate myself for being such an idiot to do such a thing

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私は若い頃、クリスマス用のゲームウォッチを手に入れました。多くの人が本物のビデオゲームではないと却下しますが、電車に乗ったり、歯科医院で待ったりしながら遊ぶのは楽しかったです。ゲームウォッチは歴史的に重要だと思います

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
I had a DSi and I probably have hours on that thing .I remember taking it to school and using the download and play thing to play Mario kart which a close friend had .It was a neat little device. Whoever owns it to this day I hope you're treating it right.

Virtual Cafe Awards

yukiovikernes

God's Favorite
Reaction score
Awards
Gameboy Micro, very sick little device. Played Pokemon Emerald on it and would hide it in my coat.
DS Lite also great, I wrote swear words in pictochat then would change my user name to avoid getting in trouble

Virtual Cafe Awards

babycrow

Reaction score
Awards
Gameboy Micro, very sick little device. Played Pokemon Emerald on it and would hide it in my coat.
DS Lite also great, I wrote swear words in pictochat then would change my user name to avoid getting in trouble
I had the blue Gameboy Micro! The Rayman 10th Anniversary double pack was my first game on it. Later I also got Pokémon LeafGreen (still one of my favourite games) and a bunch of games based on movies like The Incredibles and Monster House. Sadly I later sold it at a flea market, but I still have all the games.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
My red PSP never left me; I picked it up from a drawer in my bedroom and it still works! Gonna play some Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce later

Virtual Cafe Awards
I'm going to have to disagree about the durability of the DS Lite. I lent it to my sister for half an hour and when I came back the colors on the top screen were permanently distorted. Of course she, "didn't do anything", until years later she finally admitted to dropping it. Also, I had multiple friends whose DS Lite hinges broke. So their screens literally couldn't hold themselves up. On the other hand I dropped my Gameboy Advance SP from the top of my bunk bed multiple times and to this day it works perfectly fine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cryptfrog

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
When I was a small kid I remember having some crappy car driving game on an lcd screen. you had 3 lanes you could be in and stuff would come zooming towards you.
It was total crap but it's kinda funny how when you are a kid you can look at something so basic and start to feel like you are really in the car driving around, but as an adult you can look at super high def graphics on modern games and all your brain thinks is "click button number go up".

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
My sister gave me her gameboy colour and a copy of pokemon red when I was 5, I played that thing 24/7 for years. After that, I got DS lite, which was an excellent handheld and lasted until i stopped using it many years later

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Nintendo DS Lite

I had a 1 hour bus ride home from school everyday so I grinded the shit out of pokemon pearl and mario

Attachments

• Nintendo Ds Lite Black Blue.jpg
    Nintendo Ds Lite Black Blue.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Blokebuster

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I remember the day I got my gameboy advance SP, my 7th birthday! with a copy of Pokemon fire red. it was amazing!!!! I took that thing everywhere.
I also fondly remember the Christmas I opened up my ds lite, with super Mario 64 ds! both of these moments are some of my most fond memories, along with all the memories I made playing the games in the AMAZING library both consoles had. I still prefer being able to game on the go rather than having a stationary console (can u tell im a switch fan?)
let me know what handheld you grew up with! what games you used to play! :)
Growing up in the 90s, I remember clearly my game boy color with pokémon yellow, and after some years gold versions. When the GBA came out I played Metroid Fusion in a Blockbuster (there was a trial version with the game boy advance for people to play), so my love for sci fi overcame the pocket monsters

Virtual Cafe Awards

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
Man gotta echo all the Gameboy Advanced SP love here. I played Super Mario World on it religiously. Later in my childhood the PSP. Man what an incredible device that thing was. I am absolutely KICKING myself for selling it. Still have the Gameboy tho :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Man gotta echo all the Gameboy Advanced SP love here. I played Super Mario World on it religiously. A little later in my childhood the PSP. Man what an incredible device that thing was. I am absolutely KICKING myself for selling it.
I'm still playing Pokemon Ruby on mine :EZY:

Virtual Cafe Awards