What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

What was your first contact with vaporwave?

Eric Outfield

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I browsed /mu/ regularly when it started being posted on there, maybe 2012? Just after Floral Shoppe had been dropped and everyone was losing their mind.
Even remember people grouping it next to chillwave, seapunk and witch house as the next short-lived microgenre, with people coming up with the still-going oceangrunge and the long dead desertwave genres as replacements.

Virtual Cafe Awards

AriesNix

Queen of Vibetown
Reaction score
Awards
Website
freyx.co
First vaporwave album i listened to was ショップ @ ヘルシンキ by 猫 シ Corp. This one....
1658501604000.png

Its pretty good just stumbled upon it on youtube somehow, probably in the recommended section. Just got into it from there.

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
I long string of musical rabbit holes landed me on the famous Mac Plus video. I was always into dark ambient music and would frequently find myself listening to it while reading or working on some personal project. I fell in love with the cyberpunk aesthetic which led me to listening to a lot of synthwave. I saw the album art for Mac Plus and it gave me a certain unexplainable feeling. The accompanying music deepened that feeling and I was hooked. I've spent years trying to find more vaporwave that would trigger that specific feeling.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Tuff

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
it was floral shoppe then my friend recommended that i should listen to st pepsi, and shortly after i saw an image with a bunch of vaporwave albums listed on it and i listened to a few of em on there so that was my introduction to vaporwave

Virtual Cafe Awards

dorgon

Hydroxic Acid Addict
Reaction score
Awards
back in middle school i was dorking around on youtube and i was recommended macintosh plus. at first i wasn't really into it but i slowly grew into it as i listened to it more. then i discovered t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 and bbrainz and fell in love with the genre.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mynamejeff69s

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I heard Macintosh Plus' Lisa Frank 420 on some meme youtube video in 2016

Virtual Cafe Awards