What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

What were you ACTUALLY born in the wrong generation for?

Reaction score
Awards
Website
sites.google.com
But again, I can scream all I want, but nothing's gonna be solved. Nobody actually listen to kids, nobody ever does. It's frustrated me when I was young, and the only thing I can do is try to listen to these kids I see on a weekly basis. It's horrible, it's absolutely horrible.
when are we making web for kids to pour their hearts out? it can be like (#)chan, but safe.
- now, it mildly reminds me of spovednica.sk

Virtual Cafe Awards

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.discord.gg.pzGpnbQ
Not wrong generation but I always feel like I've been born in the wrong place. I suppose to be living in mountain / fishing village instead of waging in a big city working at a boring job with a boring life.
Your life is long enough to change that if you strive for it. I commend you to go for it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.discord.gg.pzGpnbQ
when are we making web for kids to pour their hearts out? it can be like (#)chan, but safe.
What is "spovednica.sk" if I may ask?

I mean ig I'd be worried that there is no proper way to moderate it / that it'd inevitably go wrong. Also doubt that kids wouldn't just end up spamming the site with shitty memes. But interesting concept. Besides, what we need more than that, is for kids to just go outside and be kids.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
sites.google.com
spovednica.sk
in traslation, "confessions". you make account or go anonymous (idk, never wrote there) and you can write out your heart out, your problems.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CahCaw

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.discord.gg.pzGpnbQ
in traslation, "confessions". you make account or go anonymous (idk, never wrote there) and you can write out your heart out, your problems.
Interesting... I like the concept, and I see how this can be kid-friendly. But it's important for it to be a one-way street, ie no way to contact the people who actually use it, whilst also being heavily moderated to make sure there is nothing nsfw, outrageous, or that users leave any traces of personal info. But yeah, would indeed give way for kids to be heard more. However, doubt anyone cares enough about kids to put in all this effort

Virtual Cafe Awards

stonehead

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
argusarts.com
Chat moderation is a famously impossible problem. Reminds me of this old post by a developer of an old "child-friendly" mmo http://habitatchronicles.com/2007/0...t-or-blockchattm-from-disney-finally-arrives/

Notable highlight was this quote:
"We spent several weeks building a UI that used pop-downs to construct sentences, and only had completely harmless words – the standard parts of grammar and safe nouns like cars, animals, and objects in the world."

"We thought it was the perfect solution, until we set our first 14-year old boy down in front of it. Within minutes he'd created the following sentence:

I want to stick my long-necked Giraffe up your fluffy white bunny.

Containment Chat
Rules Help Users
  • Jackeline:
    Yeah, after 8 months since i created my account, until now i became active.
  • Jackeline:
    Might have my opinions there.
  • dorgon:
    i posted a reply
  • Jackeline:
    thanks bro! it's actually quite interesting.
  • ?!MemoryHead!?:
    i gotta say, something v. releaxing is watchin super metroid speed runs
  • ?!MemoryHead!?:
    i watch them every day in the background
  • ?!MemoryHead!?:
    theres something therapeutic about it
  • mydadiscar:
    i used to do that with train footage
  • mydadiscar:
    this sorta thing
  • Jackeline:
    howdy car
  • Jackeline:
    changing it by trains now
  • Jackeline:
    should i call you
  • Jackeline:
    "yourmomistrain?"
    +1
  • Cobalt:
    Did someone say trains!?!?
  • Remember_Summer_Days:
    Trucks are my autism but trains also cool
  • Harris:
    ?!MemoryHead!? said:
    theres something therapeutic about it
    I do something similar but I have the 90s Moomin on all the time. It's nice to have something to watch that isn't all about violence or politics (insert Family Guy meme about violence in movies and sex on TV).
  • dorgon:
    ?!MemoryHead!? said:
    i gotta say, something v. releaxing is watchin super metroid speed runs
    i've been reading more. helps me feel relaxed
  • Jackeline:
    Cobalt said:
    Did someone say trains!?!?
    oh god, not again
  • dorgon:
    Jackeline said:
    oh god, not again
    lmao 3 clicks into space hey and there's fucking drama
  • dorgon:
    this is why 12 year olds shouldn't be on the internet
  • Jackeline:
    dorgon said:
    lmao 3 clicks into space hey and there's fucking drama
    which drama, what happened now with the alt kids?
  • dorgon:
    Jackeline said:
    which drama, what happened now with the alt kids?
    actually it's a little concerning https://blog.spacehey.com/entry?id=558853 it'd be great if the alt kids could fuck off though
  • Jackeline:
    Imagine cancelling unkown people nobody cares about
  • Jackeline:
    like literally who the fuck are they?
    Jackeline: like literally who the fuck are they?