What woke you up?

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
When I had my son and realized that life really is just about enjoyment and love. No amount of fame and fortune can replace a loving family and lifelong friendships. I know it sounds like some corny/cliche shit. But having my son saved my life. I spent a great deal of my early adulthood chasing recognition and validation. I spent a lot of time drinking and fostering meaningless relationships with people. It took me having my son and being in an abusive relationship with his mother for 2 years to figure out that family and friends and good times are all that really matters in this life. I wish I'd have figured it out sooner, but here I am just turning 29 and I'm still figuring stuff out. I recently met the love of my life, I have a 4 year old son who is full of personality and 2 stepsons who like to spend time with me playing yugioh and watching anime. Sure, we hit rough times sometimes, but nothing can really replace waking up in this house with a family full of people that love me no matter what.

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Answering this question as you meant would feel self-aggrandizing. It's one thing to be simply different from most other people because even if you believe you are not like others, you don't want to believe that it makes you better than other people; to be 'awake' is to outright say that you are above the 'ordinary' person which just makes you an ass. To answer your question though, I have set my alarm to Aphex Twin's "Flim", which is reasonably loud enought to wake me, but soft enough that I won't launch into panic mode.
I think by "waking up" it COULD refer to breaking out of the matrix or whatever the current normie/established understanding of reality is. But I think it can also refer to a personally experienced paradigm shift and it may or may not relate to being critical of modern society.

I get the impression that this post is mainly about "when did you realize the WEF/neo-lib order is actually horrible?" though which I don't think sucks but it makes it into an "if you know, you know" situation.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Hypet-Leathel
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.halopedia.org
We the people

Attachments

• limousine-is-set-aflame-with-we-the-people-spray-painted-on-the-side-picture-id639408394.jpg
    limousine-is-set-aflame-with-we-the-people-spray-painted-on-the-side-picture-id639408394.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 25
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
my gf started fiddling with her phone+sim card at 6AM next to me which woke me up

Virtual Cafe Awards

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Can we interpret it as a self-improvement question? Like, "I was coasting in life, almost on autopilot, but then <thing> happened, I woke up, and now I'm actually being proactive to <fix X problem in my life/in the world>". That way we can have a more productive thread :SataniaThumbsUp:
In that case, I began to be a lot more productive once I realized that it's very hard to do anything by yourself, and it's a lot easier to do things when you rely on other people to a certain extent. Simple example: I could never get into a consistent fitness routine on my own since I just don't enjoy it all that much on its own, but a friend of mine convinced me to pay for a personal trainer, and now I'm on a similar level to that same trainer (though not the friend, lol, he outpaces me by leagues). Now, after this initial push, I can take the initiative and do a lot of this on my own, go for runs, and workout on a consistent basis. Another thing I noticed was that I lived in a hotel for many months on a company trip, and I was leagues more productive with my studying when I could always come back to a clean house, have meals at regular times, and my life was in general straight-forward and very orderly. Makes me think of hiring a maid, tbh, though I'm a tad apprehensive of that idea.