What's new

what's everyone's favorite game that never made it to their country?

yoisho-ono

New Traveler
Awards
I was watching some videos on games that never make it to american shores and was wondering if it's the same for other countries and what people like/dislike in other parts of america. is your favorite a JRPG that was fan translated in the 90's and is 2/3rds untranslated? was it an american game that simple was too obscure to localize in russia? mine would probably a few of the older megami tensei games since i'm a sucker for older 3D attempts

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Default Cube Deleter
Awards
Touhou 1-9 have yet to be legally available in any capacity in the west. Hasn't stopped me costanzayeahrightsmirk

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Awards
具体的なゲームはありませんが、任天堂が最高のゲーム開発者としての力を失い、より多くの独立したゲームがリリースされるにつれて、すべてが日本に到達するわけではないことがわかりました。私がプレイしたかったアメリカからのリリースはたくさんありますが、アメリカにのみ出荷する独立したスタジオによってリリースされているため、プレイできません。

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

naa

family mart fried chicken
Awards
Chibi-Robo Happy Richie Osoji is a sequel to the original Chibi-Robo. It's a DS game I've had the opportunity of playing, but it was never released in English. It also got only released through Walmart and was really hard to find even within Japan, super limited copies. Feels like Nintendo tanked Chibi-Robo on purpose, kinda sucks.

There are Chibi-Robo spinoff games, but none of them are really like this. This is the only direct sequel of the first game, it's about the daughter of the first game living alone in a tiny apartment as a single mom. She buys a Chibi-Robo, which is you, then you spend the game cleaning up her house and life.

I think it may've been fan translated under the name Chibi-Robo Clean Sweep.

Virtual Cafe Awards