What's for dinner?

• Thread starter ewy1
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 443 times.

ewy1

Writer of binary prose
Reaction score
Awards
Have you cooked anything delicious recently? I'm always looking for more recipes. Although my cooking habit is kind of weird (I meal prep once a week and eat the same thing for the next six days), I find this allows me to take great care making an amazing meal, as opposed to being stuck with a low variety of ingredients when you only cook for one day. Some of my favorite things to make are mushroom carbonara, bacon wrapped cheese stuffed mushrooms, oven roasted vegetables and fried rice.

PS: I saw there was another thread like this but it hasn't seen activity in a year; forgive my ignorance on forum etiquette.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Squid_the_Mighty

Key of the Twilight
Reaction score
Awards
Give jambalaya a try.

Rice, variety of different colour bellpeppers, onion, garlic, 1lb shrimp, pack of andouille sausage sliced thin and optional 1lb chicken. Season with Italian seasoning, and lemon pepper. If you can get some Creole or Cajun seasoning that works great too. Some lemon zest and juice can go a long way for the shrimp also. Add cayenne pepper and salt to your liking. Saute the ingredients together, and enjoy.

I don't personally measure ingredients or know cook times.

Hot tips:
You can cook your rice in a rice cooker and then mix everything for convenience. However, the more traditional way is to simmer everything together in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally until cooked.

Ancestor worship will aid your cooking, assuming they could cook.

Find a more descriptive recipe online. (One that measures ingredients)

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards