What's the deal with NFT and vaporwave art?

The energy infrastructure is inadequate and all of the contamination was gonna happen anyways with or without the arrival of NFTs. The arrival of this inevitable new currency system reflects the flaws that we need to correct. That aside, Net Art has always had the knack of being opportunistic at any chance-- we have brought back many playback mediums that had been pronounced dead, joining NFT is one of those moves.

Virtual Cafe Awards

explorAR

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cybos.neocities.org
NFT's and crypto in general utilizing vaporwave art/aesthetics I always find so ironic and laughable. It was the new .com bubble that had people believing in future technology, that never arrived. The fact that so many NFT's utilize vaporwave which was originally used to criticize things exactly like that is just so crazy to me. The irony is lost on most people it seems, especially the people that are most into crypto.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MikeJacksons

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I understand that this thread is a couple of years old, but the topic of NFTs and their impact on the environment remains relevant. Since this thread was started, there have been ongoing discussions and developments in the world of NFTs.
The concerns about the environmental footprint of NFTs persist, and it's essential to stay informed about the latest developments and solutions in this area. If you're interested in learning more about how the NFT landscape has evolved over the past two years, you can explore resources like https://quantumaitrading.net/, which may have updated information on this topic.

Last edited: