What's the most comfortable way for you to listen to vaporwave?

• Thread starter naa
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1966 times.

naa

I know a lot of people like listening to vaporwave pretty much all the time, but I'm interested in what listening situation makes you feel the most like, at peace while you listen. For some people it might be in the shower with the lights off, or outside in a field on headphones. Just what ever leads to the comfiest vibes, y'know?

For me personally, the most comfortable is when I turn off the main light in my apartment, sit in bed and read manga while listening to Nightwave Plaza Radio or a mixtape. I like the soft lamp lighting, and how easy it is to not really think about much. It's nice being able to turn my brain off and just enjoy reading and listening.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
For me is when I'm drinking some white claws and blasting the Agora road chatrooms with nonsense

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

I know a lot of people like listening to vaporwave pretty much all the time, but I'm interested in what listening situation makes you feel the most like, at peace while you listen. For some people it might be in the shower with the lights off, or outside in a field on headphones. Just what ever leads to the comfiest vibes, y'know?

For me personally, the most comfortable is when I turn off the main light in my apartment, sit in bed and read manga while listening to Nightwave Plaza Radio or a mixtape. I like the soft lamp lighting, and how easy it is to not really think about much. It's nice being able to turn my brain off and just enjoy reading and listening.
I'll go on a limb on this one and say the most pleasing experience is taking a hot shower and turning off all the lights while keeping on my trusty old compadre green light headlamp, angling it just the right way and listening to this album and remembering the times I spent in the jungle when the water pipes got fixed and I had a warm shower with finally high water pressure and no more of the little trickle, for the first time in 2 months. Except the occasional frog in the shower and actually no electricity, it's back to the jungle for me there and then!

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't do it often, but I really enjoy listening in a hot bath with no light. Taking away anything else to focus on gets me more into the music. What I would really like to do is listen in a sensory deprivation tank. There are some in my town that offer to pipe your music in, but it's expensive, so the one time I went I opted for silence.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2006

i usually watch Private Caller and Whitewoods and look into the sky during a rainy day while looking at the 90's/80's ads playing in the backround with a drink and a blanket , highly recommend.
palm trees palms GIF by kotutohum

paradox

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
in a car, when it's night and it's raining! This is imo the perfect moment to listen to vaporwave:oops:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

I don't do it often, but I really enjoy listening in a hot bath with no light. Taking away anything else to focus on gets me more into the music. What I would really like to do is listen in a sensory deprivation tank. There are some in my town that offer to pipe your music in, but it's expensive, so the one time I went I opted for silence.
Whoa, how was you experience in one of those tanks? I always wanted to try it out, but never got the chance to.

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Whoa, how was you experience in one of those tanks? I always wanted to try it out, but never got the chance to.
It's been several years at this point, so my memory is kind of foggy. Interestingly, the thing that sticks out to me was not my actual experience in the tank but what I felt coming out of it. Walking out onto the street every image and sound just seemed to have more 'pop' than usual, it felt like a mental reset, taking away some of the usual jadedness towards existing and actually having input to your senses. I'll have to go again one of these days and report a fresh perspective.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私はいつも明かりを暗くして横になります。できれば窓に向かってアルバムを聴きますが、眺めが良く、普段は夕日を眺めることができます

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: naa

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
personally, my favorite way is either sitting at my desk with a blanket while my room is freezing at night, scrolling the road or finding new albums while my ears are filled with the joy of listening to some stellar creations. :MacTonight: or being in a car late night either driving or laying down in the passenger in a dream like state while my conscious drifts into the realm of what i am listening to:NikoSip:retromogen342

Virtual Cafe Awards