What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

What's the oldest piece of technology you use everyday?

W1NTER

Cosmic Pelasgian on the run from the Glowie feds
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The only relevant thing that comes to mind is the fridge I use daily that has likely existed since before time had a name

Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
I am wearing a mechanical watch that I like quite a bit, despite its ridiculous impracticality. I like to look at the gears spinning eternally in its clear caseback. I like to listen to it literally tick. A quartz watch would be cheaper and more accurate. I focus on practicality in most things in life, but for this, it's nice to focus on aesthetics above anything else.

Virtual Cafe Awards

dorgon

Hydroxic Acid Addict
Reaction score
Awards
i use a dvd player to play and rip DVDs. not that old but its nice to have. so far i ripped a couple of nirvana, Guns N' Roses albums, and some Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Theologian-kun

Pimp Shrimping M.D.
Reaction score
Awards
Oldest peace of tech I use are 3.5in floppy drives. They are useful for storing encryption keys, installation software, books, save game data, and anything that you would want to load up onto a fresh install of a OS. You can also play old share-ware games, use old software, and even install operating systems off of them if you know how to convince the OS that your computer is infact at 1980s super computer.