What's the oldest piece of technology you use everyday?

Dark Agent

Average Y2K Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
The oldest device I use is my trusty old white iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 for Music/Internet Radio. It has got a new battery and lasts for days without a charge

IMG_0003.PNG
IMG_0004.PNG
IMG_0005.PNG

Virtual Cafe Awards
I use a laptop from 2003 pretty regularly when I need to go full stealth mode. It's still running with no issues. In those days, laptops were more professional tools and expected to be tough, utilitarian, and to last. Not like the disposable crap of today.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Used to be my 1967 Lafayette LT-425t reciever in conjunction with my 70s Kenwood record player. Although I haven't been able to set all my audio equipment since I last moved.

Occasionally I'd use my early 2000s Pentium desktop for gaming and running old programs but it's been having issues properly turning on and booting up.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
My mixing console is from the mid 80s. My reel to reel is around that age as well. My Canon AE-1. Love that little camera so much. Some old CB radios from Radio Shack. My area actually has a fairly lively CB community and its really fun to listen in.

I use a laptop from 2003 pretty regularly when I need to go full stealth mode. It's still running with no issues. In those days, laptops were more professional tools and expected to be tough, utilitarian, and to last. Not like the disposable crap of today.
What laptop do you use if I may ask? I'm in the market for something similar.

Virtual Cafe Awards
My mixing console is from the mid 80s. My reel to reel is around that age as well. My Canon AE-1. Love that little camera so much. Some old CB radios from Radio Shack. My area actually has a fairly lively CB community and its really fun to listen in.

An old thinkpad. Best laptops ever, imo. Will soon be replacing this one, though. It's just a little too slow these days.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The microwave. It belonged to my late grandma (passed in 2017) and I have no idea how long she had it before. Still works well though.
Old Microwave Gang!
20220228_151047.jpg

This classic is from 1986 and still going strong.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Oldest hmm... Perhaps my Panasonic TH-42PX60U plasma tv. Its from 2006, so its a year older than my Toshiba HD CRT. Watch everything post-2007 on that bad boy. Used to have a Dreamcast from '99 I played pretty often, but my dad asked for it, so I shipped it out to him.

Virtual Cafe Awards

tanker

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i used to use an ipod classic until its hard drive shit the bed. just one day some tracks just wouldn't play anymore. looked at diagnostics and sure enough, bad sectors galore. so i bought a replacement used one because they discontinued production in 2014, and its drive was even fucking worse. went on to spotify after that. i miss ripping whatever from soulseek and deezloader, cutting my own tracks from live shows on youtube etc.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jordshire

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

I have the exact same Canon! Probably one of the oldest things I still use as well

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jordshire

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i used to use an ipod classic until its hard drive shit the bed. just one day some tracks just wouldn't play anymore. looked at diagnostics and sure enough, bad sectors galore. so i bought a replacement used one because they discontinued production in 2014, and its drive was even fucking worse. went on to spotify after that. i miss ripping whatever from soulseek and deezloader, cutting my own tracks from live shows on youtube etc.
If you still have the iPod and only the HD's dead, you can get flash modules to really easily put micro-sd's in just about any of the old iPods :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The oldest device I use is my trusty old white iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 for Music/Internet Radio. It has got a new battery and lasts for days without a charge
Oldest device I use is probably my Super Nintendo, Or my old vox amp. Can't remember what year it's from atm though.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Sadly I dont use these things regularly but I still have my old sony cassette walkman and n64 in storage.

I still have a pirated taped cassette of tupac's all eyez on me.

Virtual Cafe Awards