Whats up with that funky balloon?

• Thread starter h00
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 585 times.

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
We've all heard of it by now
But I see no thread

So what the hell here one is
1675486105831.png

Looks like both China and the US are getting ready for the invasion and defense of Taiwan.
Is it real? Is it a false-flag to build a pro-war sentiment against China? Did their stupid baloon just fail and now it drifted all the way over here and they won't admit it?
Should the balloon be shot down? Should it be captured carefully and analyzed and reverse engineered?
Should we deliver a dozen dirty bombs into every Chinese port on November 17th 2027?

Discuss.

Relevant Articles :

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
Very considerate of Uncle Joe to wait for the balloon to cross the entire continental US before popping it.

Edit: Finally remembered what this thing reminded me of:
Arrival-16.jpg

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
An attempt to promote public consent for hostility with China.

It's genuinely nothing. https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-might-sent-spy-balloon-143328772.html
"In a Pentagon briefing Thursday, a senior US defense official said spy balloons have been seen several times over the US in recent years."

But only now we decide to make a big deal of it. Where were these articles those times?

Related:

"Over the past two years, the Pentagon has spent about $3.8 million on balloon projects, and plans to spend $27.1 million in fiscal year 2023 to continue work on multiple efforts, according to budget documents. Meanwhile, the Pentagon is working on its own hypersonic weapons program, despite Wednesday's failure of the latest test. A bright spot for the U.S. is the balloons may help track and deter hypersonic weapons being developed by China and Russia."

I wouldn't be surprised if the balloon weren't actually Chinese at all.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
An attempt to promote public consent for hostility with China.

It's genuinely nothing. https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-might-sent-spy-balloon-143328772.html
"In a Pentagon briefing Thursday, a senior US defense official said spy balloons have been seen several times over the US in recent years."

But only now we decide to make a big deal of it. Where were these articles those times?

Related:

"Over the past two years, the Pentagon has spent about $3.8 million on balloon projects, and plans to spend $27.1 million in fiscal year 2023 to continue work on multiple efforts, according to budget documents. Meanwhile, the Pentagon is working on its own hypersonic weapons program, despite Wednesday's failure of the latest test. A bright spot for the U.S. is the balloons may help track and deter hypersonic weapons being developed by China and Russia."

I wouldn't be surprised if the balloon weren't actually Chinese at all.
From my understanding (and I could be wrong) but this is something that's been occuring for a while, was either largely ignored or unseen by the general public, but then became an issue because enough people finally spotted one and voiced a fuss to social media?

Ultimately shooting it down this late into it's path across the US just seems like a desperate attempt for the Biden administration to seem like it has any semblance of a strong foreign policy. If the balloon was doing malicious spying, then whatever data it got long found it's way to China. Can't wait to see this lame ass balloon being shot down to be the highlight of Biden 2024 commercials.

Cost of living: inflated
Chinese balloons: deflated

BIDEN 2024

Virtual Cafe Awards

Regal

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Previously this probably would have been written off by the public as a UFO. Now everyone has 100x zoom cameras in their pockets so can see it as a balloon. Since the public can now clearly see it, it is now a problem.

Was it worth six figures of tax dollars to shoot it out of the sky? Nah. But can't just let foreign countries fly shit over private airspace either.