What's Your Favorite Memory?

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1261 times.

One thing that inspires me is memories of being young, and naive. Drinking cheap Lambrusco wine on the Janiculum hill overlooking Rome at sunset, love that memory...

how about you?

Virtual Cafe Awards

<SIXX>

BXRN LXST CXNTURY
Reaction score
Awards
One thing that inspires me is memories of being young, and naive. Drinking cheap Lambrusco wine on the Janiculum hill overlooking Rome at sunset, love that memory...

how about you?
Ah i love questions like these, for me has to be in my adolescence like 10 and under but i suppose one real amazing memory i have was when i was 16 and went to universal with my cousins by ourselves and i ended meeting a girl in the line of the hulk ride. Me and her ended up spending that whole day together and when the park was closing we were in the Jurassic park section on this little platform under the moonlit sky able to see the whole park and i kissed her with such passion, not in a brutish manner but with complete gentleness while i held her close, all that went thru my mind was im never gonna see this person ever again.. Till this day i have not experienced what i felt that day, it was like str8 out of a romance movie. It was so beautiful. I never saw her again. Kinda sad thinking bout it but its all good.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Aral

Naval enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aralsheart.ichi.city
I have several of these, but not really strangely enough, none of them were with my family unlike a lot of people. Most of them are actually with myself or other kids... it's strange. And they all took place in the evening or at night.

The first one was in 2006, I was probably 6.5 years old. I was living in Martinique at the time. It's incredibly small, I think you can go across it in an hour and half probably. It'd probably seem even smaller to me now that I'm an adult. I was sitting in my mum's car (a Peugeot 306) and the radio was on. We were either going somewhere or returning home, I don't really recall, but it was starting to get late and the sun was setting. There was some sort of commercial zone with malls and stuff, including a big rug store that had burned, and Unfaithful by Rihanna was playing. 6 year old me liked this song and I just remember listening to it while the sky was a beautiful pink. I was feeling so at peace. We only lived six months in Martinique, but I have overall good memories there. The other kids were nice, I played with the kids of my mum's friend, the only downside was the heat and the potentially dengue-infected skeeters.

The second one was in 2008, I believe, so I was about 8-9. I was attending some sort of event at my father's regiment. I don't remember precisely what it was, but it was in summer, and we all went to the mess. Behind the building was a garden of sorts with a little bridge on some sort of mini artificial river. I was playing with other kids the whole evening. I don't even remember their names or faces but I still remember fondly that I was having fun. I took a picture of the little bridge with my dad's phone, but it got lost (apparently it was blurry too, so...). The night fell and me and the other kids stayed outside. We watched the stars. The adults were all inside while we were outside. Again, it was so peaceful. But damn, that little bridge. This regiment has since been dismantled and now I believe the buildings are now police quarters or something like that. I don't think I'll ever see that little bridge again, but... I still have it in my mind.

The third was in early 2018, I had just turned 18. I was living in a roach infested dorm room at the time and I would also go on night walks, despite it being dangerous for a long young woman. I remember I wasn't able to sleep and had a bad stomach ache. It wasn't going away, so at some point I dressed back up and went outside. I thought, better throw up outside in case I get nauseous or something. It was around 4 AM and it felt like a dream. Everything visually seemed surreal, I felt sort of "floaty", no one was there, except maybe a handful of guys, but I was staying in the shadows so no one would notice me. I walked around for an hour or so until I went to a park next to the Garonne river, right next to the bridge called Pont Neuf. I discreetly went to lay on a bench that was directly next to the water and facing the bridge, which was really beautifully lit. Had a cigarette. My stomach pain eased and I tried to rest a bit. At some point, I saw the first bus of the morning setting off. I went home around 6 am, crashed into bed still dressed and woke up around 1pm. Of course, I was told I was out of my mind for walking around at night, but I loved it. And I don't care, I'll go on more night walks in the future. I just won't tell anyone.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Warii

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Probably my favorite was when I was still dating this one girl, and we would meet at this field next to a highway and have picnics in secret because her parents couldnt know we were meeting (this was during the beginning of Covid, so her parents didn't allow her to see anyone.) Anyways it was the most picturesque thing on the planet just enjoying the golden hour with her. I distinctly remember looking up while laying on my back and looking thru the tree above us thinking how I would remember this forever. It is my favorite memory and thinking about it or similar ones makes me smile but also regret not spending more time there.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SpheralBloom

I'm not a femboy I swear
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I don't really have a favorite, but I do have a specific memory of a small interaction I had as a kid that's been stuck in my head ever since.

It was 2009, so I was five. It was pretty late at night and my grandma was driving me home from some big park. It was so dark out that I could hardly see what was outside (but I had the backseat light on which was nice). Then, out of nowhere, this car rides up next to us with a little kid in the backseat who, funnily enough, had his light on too. I remember us noticing each other fairly quickly. I just kinda looked at him for a moment and slowly waved, which he did in return. Not too long after that, their car turned onto another lane and they disappeared. I just sat silently for a while and ended up dozing off.
It was such a short interaction, yet it's been stuck in my head ever since it happened. It's weird because all I really did was say hi, and that's about it. But something about it being late at night, how tired I was, and how me and that kid just stumbled across each other on the road made it feel weirdly special.

Back then, I was sad to see them drive away because it meant I would never see that kid again. Nowadays when I look back on it, it strangely puts me at ease, but also makes me feel melancholic nostalgia. I like going back to it from time to time nonetheless.
I don't remember much from when I was little, but I remember that for some reason. My brain is just weird like that, I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hope that kid is doing okay tho

Virtual Cafe Awards

---Bob---Sacamano---89---

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

how about you?
30 under 30.... That was such a great memory *starts tearing up*

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Midnight walks through the semi-urban neighborhoods, the soft glow of the moonlight breaking through the gray clouds ,the only source of light, glinting off of freshly fallen snow. Trapesing through neighbors yards, sliding down their hills and knocking snow off their branches. Beautiful times. Younger times.

Virtual Cafe Awards

<SIXX>

BXRN LXST CXNTURY
Reaction score
Awards
Midnight walks through the semi-urban neighborhoods, the soft glow of the moonlight breaking through the gray clouds ,the only source of light, glinting off of freshly fallen snow. Trapesing through neighbors yards, sliding down their hills and knocking snow off their branches. Beautiful times. Younger times.
God i miss those days

Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
my 39th or 40th birthday was pretty awesome. my son woke me up and wanted to go to buy diet coke to make mentos bombs with. we(my whole family so us + wife and daughter) went a bought 20 bottles and launched them to the ground from various porches and rooves at our house. that was a great day. being at home, in our home, with my wife and kids or taking day trips to the local forest are also far better memories than any from my youth.
but in regards to those carefree youthful memories one of my favorites is just standing on the ramp to the highway with my thumb out with just a few dollars in my pocket. i had been sleeping at the beach for weeks and it was time to get out of town. it wasnt the first time i had hitch hiked but this is the one that sticks out. i have more extravagent stories from my travels as well but something about how very immersed in carefree-ness has always made this particular moment stand out.

Virtual Cafe Awards
A warm evening in July, 5 years ago I think. I was walking home from whatever, and it started raining. So I start running home. The rain got heavier and heavier, and at one point I just looked up and stopped running. I had no electronics on me and the rain was actually soothing. So I just kept looking up for a little, soaking. Contemplating why I was running.
Before I knew it I felt calm. Happy. It's a great memory

Virtual Cafe Awards

DOOM95.EXE

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Summertime in the mid/late-90's. I was between grades in elementary school and although our break was barely 2 months long, it always felt like an eternity. Waking up at 7 AM and jumping on my bike to peddle around my small town neighborhood until I had a group of local kids assembled. Spending the entire day exploring the woods and swimming in the lake (all completely unsupervised). Staying up way too late past my bedtime and hanging around early internet video game chat rooms while waiting for huge downloads to finish over my modem.

As an adult my best memories were probably the very early 2010's when I was in a band. I'd come home from my awful minimum wage day job, immediately get changed and head out doing God knows what with my friends & bandmates. Every night was like an adventure: playing shows in Philadelphia, then bar hopping throughout New Jersey and always someone getting back home just as the sun was coming up.

Virtual Cafe Awards