What's new

What's your favorite movie and why?

naa

family mart fried chicken
Awards
You can have multiple favorites and any type of movie is fair game, yes it can be Pixar's Ratatouille.

My favorite's probably Transylvania 6-5000, not for any like, deep reason I think it's just probably the movie I've had the most fun watching. The pacing makes it really digestible, it's hilarious and it makes fun of a lot of horror movie tropes I've been familiar with for most of my life, so it hits kinda close to home on the humor. It's really, really '80s also and I just inherently like that.

Other notable movies for me are: Mandy, which has a beautiful, coherent visual aesthetic, an exciting story, and probably Nicholas Cage's best acting role in my opinion. The Last Unicorn, which was probably my favorite movie when I was really, really young and still holds up. Also The Thing, for being a horror movie where everyone is largely helpless despite handling most things reasonably, responsibly and logically, which doesn't happen in horror movies much. It made it a lot more stressful to watch.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CognacDefender

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
I really like watching movies with my sister and mum when I get the time. I do like animated movies and one's with a fantastic but realistic premise. I like Ready Player One, The Ice Age movies through one and four, I haven't watched it about seven years but Legends of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'hoo, Epic is a nice flic as well.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love
Reactions: naa

Emmy Fitz

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
American Psycho. Hilarious, morbid, smart, unique, and brilliantly shot.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love

Bioluminescence

Endangered Flora & Fauna Task Force
Awards
La Montana Sagrada.gif

Feherlofia.jpg

House 1977.jpg

Last year at Marienbad.jpg

Hourglass Sanatorium.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love

Bioluminescence

Endangered Flora & Fauna Task Force
Awards
chad
holy mountain and house are such good movies, I love that so much of house was written by an actual like, 13-year-old
I treat them as a secret because they are such treasures of cinema!

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Awards
i like the lost boys and chasing mavericks cause theyre just great, and im familiar with the area they were shot in, its a nice place other than the tourists. obviously i have other favs but these 2 deserve here and i hope at least one person watches them

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)