What's your favorite movie and why?

naa

You can have multiple favorites and any type of movie is fair game, yes it can be Pixar's Ratatouille.

My favorite's probably Transylvania 6-5000, not for any like, deep reason I think it's just probably the movie I've had the most fun watching. The pacing makes it really digestible, it's hilarious and it makes fun of a lot of horror movie tropes I've been familiar with for most of my life, so it hits kinda close to home on the humor. It's really, really '80s also and I just inherently like that.

Other notable movies for me are: Mandy, which has a beautiful, coherent visual aesthetic, an exciting story, and probably Nicholas Cage's best acting role in my opinion. The Last Unicorn, which was probably my favorite movie when I was really, really young and still holds up. Also The Thing, for being a horror movie where everyone is largely helpless despite handling most things reasonably, responsibly and logically, which doesn't happen in horror movies much. It made it a lot more stressful to watch.

I really like watching movies with my sister and mum when I get the time. I do like animated movies and one's with a fantastic but realistic premise. I like Ready Player One, The Ice Age movies through one and four, I haven't watched it about seven years but Legends of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'hoo, Epic is a nice flic as well.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love
Reactions: naa

Emmy Fitz

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
American Psycho. Hilarious, morbid, smart, unique, and brilliantly shot.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Love

Deleted member 2040

chad
holy mountain and house are such good movies, I love that so much of house was written by an actual like, 13-year-old
I treat them as a secret because they are such treasures of cinema!

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
i like the lost boys and chasing mavericks cause theyre just great, and im familiar with the area they were shot in, its a nice place other than the tourists. obviously i have other favs but these 2 deserve here and i hope at least one person watches them

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)