What's your favorite old computer game?

QDBuckwheat

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Cave Story, hands down. When I first played it, it was one of the most fun I ever had with a game in a long time. The gameplay, artstyle, the music, story. Everything in it hit me just the right way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

tracid04

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Also here a lot of age of empires II and sim games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, SIM CITY 2000, Stronghold and OpenTTD. But the game I played most is Heroes Of Might And Magic III. that game was so amazing.
iu

s7-7f3418b408385735fb91c6adbcaed265.jpg
Good taste fren, I love all those games too. There's just something about old strategy games I love. I think it's the beautiful, pixel graphics, the gameplay (obviously) and the soundtracks that really make these games stand above the rest. Stronghold Crusader is a good example of this. And another game, American Conquest, from the team behind the Cossacks series. Pic related.
iu

Virtual Cafe Awards

tracid04

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
That's a tough question. For me, it's probably Rise of Nations. But I also really liked Wolfenstein 3D and it's expansions. I quite liked the old stickman flash games too, like Stick War; very fond memories of that. Right now though, I like more basic, chilled games. Boomer tier Mahjong games are surprising really fun if you're in a lazy mood, which I am in 24/7.

Virtual Cafe Awards

tracid04

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Best old computer game is for sure Peggle. I used to play that shit all day long in fourth grade
I had that on the Xbox years ago. Severely underrated game.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

lefty-righty

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
The Stalker series. I have had an interest in a lot of slav games and I plan on playing Pathologic(the studio behind the games are amazing and they have some other interesting titles).

Virtual Cafe Awards

win2k

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'd say Heroes of Might and Magic II or UT99. I don't really have a favorite ol' game because I spent countless hours playing a lot of games :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Gotta be Serious Sam. Played the hell out of it when I was a kid

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

Hocus Pocus.

It had everything 5 year old me would want at the time: Fun platforming, labyrinthine worlds, and a charming if somewhat rudimentary art style. Had a blast playing it. Before Spyro and Crash this was the game that truly galvanized me into being a platformer fan.

CorgiTaco

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Black and White 2, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Monkey Island. Some solid childhood memories across those.

Oh and playing Half-life 1 against all my family, on the Lan network in our office building, every holiday. Solid memories. Mom would get so mad because it was too violent.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vexchan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Easily the first Homeworld all the way back in '99, got me hooked on scifi when I was only 5. I still frequent the original now, almost 22 years later. Can't wait for that third entry!

Attachments

• hw1.jpg
    hw1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 72
Virtual Cafe Awards

lynnsmadmoney

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
test drive 4, test drive off road and necrodome

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I really liked eastern mind lost soul, Diablo 2 was pretty cool.
Best old computer game is for sure Peggle. I used to play that shit all day long in fourth grade
I still play peggle, that never gets old.

I really liked those old eye spy games, I can't remember the name but they seemed to always be mystery themed. Those are probably my favorite, I played them with my grandma

Virtual Cafe Awards