What's your favorite old computer game?

EccoJett

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Megaman x, 1 3 4 and 6 mostly.... damn, I catch myself listening the OST until today

oddworld... pretty nostalgic

majesty...

Virtual Cafe Awards

matttintoshplus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
LSD Dream Emulator is a great game if you want to try out something weird. I've always enjoyed pong too, great to play with friends for a bit. Jet Set Radio Future is another classic, great soundtrack, but I eventually got stuck and haven't finished it. Was pretty darn near being done though

Virtual Cafe Awards

KitchenBell

!!@Doof Doof Producer + Dj@!!
Reaction score
Armegatron Advanced! It's not the best, but it was one of the few things small enough that you could run them off a USB and then play it with any other computer our high school. It was almost sad when we figured out how to ran Halo CE on them, but eventually that took over. :(

matttintoshplus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
KitchenBell said:
Armegatron Advanced! It's not the best, but it was one of the few things small enough that you could run them off a USB and then play it with any other computer our high school. It was almost sad when we figured out how to ran Halo CE on them, but eventually that took over. :(

Wait you were able to play CE on a school computer?

Virtual Cafe Awards

KitchenBell

!!@Doof Doof Producer + Dj@!!
Reaction score
in v low quality but it still ran - we had p good computers for the time cause we had a couple of like rich old ppl donating to it, they had to chain em to the desks cause ppl were taking them ahahaha

matttintoshplus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
KitchenBell said:
in v low quality but it still ran - we had p good computers for the time cause we had a couple of like rich old ppl donating to it, they had to chain em to the desks cause ppl were taking them ahahaha
Hey if it works it works lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

D E E S O L V T I O N

////☠[SXRCΣRΣЯ'z $0C13tY]☠////
Reaction score
Awards
Digital said:
what's your favorite old computer game? Mines Matrix Path of Neo.
Sonic R. I used to play it a lot in my childhood, now it's part of my mental imaginary :-[

Virtual Cafe Awards

Trashboat

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I was a big fan of Humoungous Entertainment games as a child. Pajama Sam, Spy Fox, and all that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

DKKHA

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Diablo 2. Can't wait for the remaster to come out.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Insect

The Underking
Reaction score
Awards
For me, it's either System Shock 1 or Daggerfall. Metroid: Zero Mission is an honorable mention, but it's not as old.

System_Shock_Japanese_square.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I'm gonna have to go with Doom and Doom II as some of my favorite games of all time. The music, the art, the speed... it's all just amazing. And it still holds up today! I suggest anyone who hasn't already played to do so now. The best way to play is with GZDoom, which allows the game to work flawlessly on modern systems with conveniences such as mouselook and tons of options for graphics. All you need are the .WAD files, which you can get from the games' files on steam (the games are pretty cheap).
doomII.jpg
doom.jpg

I also completed MYST late last year, and I have to mention it as an old-school CGI enthusiast. Though it clearly shows its age, it's a fantastic, puzzle-laden romp through a number of pre-rendered sci-fi/fantasy worlds. The Masterpiece Edition on Steam is inexpensive and works fine on modern systems.
myst.jpg

And only a couple weeks ago, I finished Grim Fandango Remastered, another excellent example of 90's pre-rendered videogames (I played with the new graphical updates turned off, of course :KongDance:). The game itself is a lot like MYST, but with lots more character interactions and less frustrating puzzles. The aesthetic of the world is also fascinating, combining mesoamerican themes of the afterlife with elements of 30's and 40's film noir. The characters are well-written and absolutely hilarious. Even if you're not a fan of point-and-click games, this is a LucasArts classic you shouldn't miss.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRB6Likh478

Virtual Cafe Awards

AxiomShell

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Definitely Underwurlde for ZX Spectrum 48K.
Something about the aesthetics, so eerie and claustrophobic. The point was to leave the castle/dungeon and you really put the effort because of that.

Attachments

• Underwurlde.jpg
    Underwurlde.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 105
Virtual Cafe Awards

TrashMouse

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The original fallout games. Especially the second one. Some of the best RPG's ever made imo

Virtual Cafe Awards

RAVEN死98

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 i used to play it in my childhood i remember the fun i had in this game the gameplay is based on the Cold War and i really liked this game it brings me Nostalgia.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
HL1 feels pretty vaporwave, or ripe for the picking!
It's perfectly in the middle of the age of low-res games and the graphical revolutions of the next decade.

But despite being so far ahead of it's time, it's still got that certain 90's feel to it.

haha definitely, and it gave rise to an incredible mod scene
Funny, considering the Goldsource engine itself is a heavily modified version of the Quake engine, idTech 2.

Virtual Cafe Awards