What's your favorite old computer game?

It's perfectly in the middle of the age of low-res games and the graphical revolutions of the next decade.

But despite being so far ahead of it's time, it's still got that certain 90's feel to it.

Funny, considering the Goldsource engine itself is a heavily modified version of the Quake engine, idTech 2.
Haha oh yeah true, but the indie mod scene really reached its peak with HL1 imo. I think about that age in the early 00s when the best multiplayer games were free mods (DOTA, CS, DOD)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Emmy Fitz

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't play a ton of PC games as a kid because I was mostly into consoles but I sunk soooooo many hours into Sims 1. That OST still brings me so much joy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eco

Chip's Challenge!
Or like, Jezzball. All of the games in the entertainment packs were really fun

naa

I remember really liking Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong Nou, I torrented it when I was a kid.
I didn't really know what was going on in it, but it was a bunch of fun! should probably replay it
eastern mind.gif

Beanboi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
for me it's probably MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, I remember playing it with my dad in '96.

Virtual Cafe Awards

piemomxo

Not that old, but I really like oldschool runescape right now. The graphical style is rly comfy.

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

piemomxo

Not that old, but I really like oldschool runescape right now. The graphical style is rly comfy. :)

naxil

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
descent for sure. after i have buy voodoo2 12mb for 500€. i loved quake 2 and unreal

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)

Ixion_SEROV

Y2K Hype Beast
Reaction score
Awards
My most favorite games of all time are older by today's standards. One of them is Deus Ex; hands down one of the most politically-aware video games ever made and easily the best action RPG. It blows my mind how a game that's over 20 years old was so on point in predicting a lot of the current geopolitical zeitgest that we're going through now.

Attachments

• deus ex.png
    deus ex.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 97
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

naxil

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i remember a 2d isometric super story games... but i not remember the name...

Virtual Cafe Awards
My dad had a demo CD for this in the late 90s/early 2000s
You could only play a level or two of each game but I was so awful I never got past the first stage haha I always loved it anyways.

View: https://youtu.be/R463FSC-6JY

I used to play a lot of kid games then, I really loved windows 98 Candyland as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

Idoria

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Quake 3 - CPMA

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Good Vibes

W0LF_101

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Half Life, and Half life 2 are definitely favorites of mine, along with the Portal series. Although you could argue HL2 isn't entirely that old.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Quake 1, actually played it for the first time in 2015 and enjoyed it more than any modern FPS.
Deus Ex 1
Armored Core
YU-NO
LSD Dream Emulator

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

gizzardwizzard

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i have 1000s of hours in doom wads cause when i was 5 we moved into a house and there was a shareware doom disc on the ground

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards