Why was 2020 so cursed?

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
1670639793527.png

Looking back to 2020, it's probably the most cursed year in my lifetime. People tend to look back to 9/11 as a point when the world changed and I totally agree as I think that event started the age of surveillance and the beginning of being a slave to the system. (I also personally think that's when America truly died.) But where 9/11 was a single day, 2020 felt like 9/11 but if it was a year. I know some of you may give typical answers like 2020 was bad because of the lizard people but I think there's something deeper at play. 2020 is a type of number people can use to say you have a 2020 vision. Does 2020 represent the awakening of people? The year everything got exposed as being way more corrupt than we could imagine? Was it always planned to be like this? And this was after 2019 which I felt was the last normal year in my lifetime at least. Things were boiling but it was still manageable.

I also remember people saying how 2020 would be the best year ever which is kinda funny looking back.

If anything, 2020 taught me that good decades never last forever and periods of darkness happen all the time.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I vividly remember new years eve 2019, as my girlfriend at the time and I watched the ball drop ceremony on TV I turned to her and said something along the lines of "I have a really bad feeling about 2020." She kinda brushed it off and thought I was simply being a pessimist, but I got her to admit I was right during the lockdowns.

Obviously I didn't want to be right, if 2020 didn't go the way it did I might've landed a permanent in with my dream career and maybe her and I would still be dating. Right before the lockdowns was the last time I felt like long-term happiness was within reach for me. But it was just this gut feeling I had.

I knew 2020 was going to get ugly merely for the US election, I remembered how bad tensions got in 2016 and just had this lingering hunch that the powers that be would do everything they could and pull every dirty little trick possible to seize back control of the reigns. Honestly I still think the "pandemic" was part of that, at the very least they certainly took advantage of it to change a bunch of voting laws last second.

2020 was a cursed year because it took away the the population's pacifiers like sportsball, entertainment, and real life socialization. With everyone glued to the news or fringe conspiracy theories you had the perfect environment for conditioning and manipulating them. The rise of Qanon and the BLM riots are a great example of this. It demonstrated that the majority of people simply couldn't handle having to spend time being introspective.

Even with 2020 being over and some people thinking we're in the clear, we really aren't. The effects of 2020 are going to be felt for years, if not a decade or two after. It signaled the beginning of a new, rather dystopian era.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I find it interesting how my experience is the polar opposite of most people.

2019 and early pre-covid 2020 was absolute hell for me. I was in education and my classmate were insufferable. For context, I have an hearing problem that make me hear more sounds than the avergage person.

Hearing some loud noise (i.e a teacher screaming at student) was enough to give me an heart attack sometimes. I lived in constant fear.

For me the quarantine was a blessing. No longer I had to suffer. While in the end, Microsoft Team calls became a thing, the fact that audio was through a computer gave me some control to negate the effects of my hearing problem.

2020 was a well-deserved year of respite for me. While for everyone else it was nightmare, for me it was utopia. I'm pretty sure at some point I even wished for an extension of the quarantine.

That being said, I wouldn't be suprised if I am the only person on earth that enjoyed 2020 lol. I have no doubt that my hearing problem played a big part in my enjoyement of it since it resulted in the absence of everything I hated.

Arcueid

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I find it interesting how my experience is the polar opposite of most people.

2019 and early pre-covid 2020 was absolute hell for me. I was in education and my classmate were insufferable. For context, I have an hearing problem that make me hear more sounds than the avergage person.

Hearing some loud noise (i.e a teacher screaming at student) was enough to give me an heart attack sometimes. I lived in constant fear.

For me the quarantine was a blessing. No longer I had to suffer. While in the end, Microsoft Team calls became a thing, the fact that audio was through a computer gave me some control to negate the effects of my hearing problem.

2020 was a well-deserved year of respite for me. While for everyone else it was nightmare, for me it was utopia. I'm pretty sure at some point I even wished for an extension of the quarantine.

That being said, I wouldn't be suprised if I am the only person on earth that enjoyed 2020 lol. I have no doubt that my hearing problem played a big part in my enjoyement of it since it resulted in the absence of everything I hated.

It was like this for me too. Really just a good year in general.

wot

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I vividly remember new years eve 2019, as my girlfriend at the time and I watched the ball drop ceremony on TV I turned to her and said something along the lines of "I have a really bad feeling about 2020." She kinda brushed it off and thought I was simply being a pessimist, but I got her to admit I was right during the lockdowns.
Reminds me of the experience I had that day. A couple friends and I went into town to celebrate the new year, and while they were having an okay time, I couldn't help but feel depressed all throughout it.

As much as 2020 sucked, I think it taught me a lot, both about the world and about myself. Seeing the way the US government handled the pandemic (or rather, how each party cared more about epically owning the other than working on the problem) just laid bare everything I had suspected about them. And for once people were starting to be critical of the government, even if only until Trump stopped being president. As for myself, the year brought me to a low enough place where a lot of unpleasant memories came flooding in. But that helped me, giving me some insights on what went wrong growing up and how I can improve my mental health.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Now that you mention it, I find it sus how those are even years...
for example, i am still processing 2012 WASNT a thing, - was so hyped for it when i was like 9-10 (2008-ish era)

Virtual Cafe Awards
for example, i am still processing 2012 WASNT a thing, - was so hyped for it when i was like 9-10 (2008-ish era)
also, btw, when talking about corona and 2019/2020-21:
It might be sus, but i unwillingly, uncosciously wished something like: - "i want for people to feel as i do"
- i felt abandoned, forgotten, betrayed, alone, hurt - i wanted others to see me, to "feel me", be in the same situation...
it was selfish wish - but the sus is - why it came TRUE? - or am i so stupid believing in things like that - no way something like that could happen, upon any occasion???!!!...

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
also, btw, when talking about corona and 2019/2020-21:
It might be sus, but i unwillingly, uncosciously wished something like: - "i want for people to feel as i do"
- i felt abandoned, forgotten, betrayed, alone, hurt - i wanted others to see me, to "feel me", be in the same situation...
it was selfish wish - but the sus is - why it came TRUE? - or am i so stupid believing in things like that - no way something like that could happen, upon any occasion???!!!...
I mean shortly before Covid I wished for a period of silence and then the pandemic happened. It was probably just good timing.

I mean shortly before Covid I wished for a period of silence and then the pandemic happened. It was probably just good timing.
hmmm, ones tend to wonder, then - if masses of people wish something similar, would it become truth? Or is it self-fullfilling prophecy???

Virtual Cafe Awards

Aeria Gloris

Virtual Runner
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 46280

Looking back to 2020, it's probably the most cursed year in my lifetime. People tend to look back to 9/11 as a point when the world changed and I totally agree as I think that event started the age of surveillance and the beginning of being a slave to the system. (I also personally think that's when America truly died.) But where 9/11 was a single day, 2020 felt like 9/11 but if it was a year. I know some of you may give typical answers like 2020 was bad because of the lizard people but I think there's something deeper at play. 2020 is a type of number people can use to say you have a 2020 vision. Does 2020 represent the awakening of people? The year everything got exposed as being way more corrupt than we could imagine? Was it always planned to be like this? And this was after 2019 which I felt was the last normal year in my lifetime at least. Things were boiling but it was still manageable.

I also remember people saying how 2020 would be the best year ever which is kinda funny looking back.

If anything, 2020 taught me that good decades never last forever and periods of darkness happen all the time.
First things that come to mind is social isolation and rise of tiktok in popularity worldwide.

Virtual Cafe Awards
First things that come to mind is social isolation and rise of tiktok in popularity worldwide.
<padme anakin meme.bmp> and stupid challenges, right? - right!?

also, so, lack of unity, evrybody for themselves... also, antivaxx pandemics upon populace, isnt it???

Virtual Cafe Awards

cuneicorn

on the spectrum of love
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think it's a coincidence that SHTF in 2020. I think this whole pandemic thing was planned. I assume the virus was deliberately released by rogue elements in the US govt as a bioattack on Iran and China per Ron Unz's theories (not going to link to his site here). I also imagine said elements were rubbing shoulders with Big Pharma the whole time.

There's obviously something larger at play, too: an attempt to save the neoliberal world order from itself by suppressing populism, purging believers from institutions, shrinking unsustainable supply chains, and ultimately moving away from US unipolar dominance in favour of a multipolar global economy. It seems these technocrats would rather transition to surveillance states that control their populations via CBDCs and UBI than get strung up from lamp-posts. Not sure whether China is "in on it" or just a model and beneficiary.

Part of me suspects America was "stabbed in the back" once Trump got tired of playing ball with a certain community of light-bringers. Bolton killed Qasem Soleimani in January of 2020, but as soon as Trump refused to bomb Iran a new virus wiped out a bunch of their leadership? Convenient to say the least.

Not gonna talk about the psychological effects covid had on me other than to say it was the worst two years of my life so far. Seeing such blatant abuses by Big Pharma did eventually convince me to detransition, though, thankfully.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that Epstein didn't kill himself in August 2019. He had up until that point been running a child sex blackmail operation for the Mossad that implicated everyone from Trump and Clinton to the Royals. Perhaps some folks felt they were losing too much leverage over American politics and acted a little rashly... :PepsiDog:

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
2020:666=3,033033033

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227_163238_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227_163238_Chrome.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 41
Virtual Cafe Awards

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
2012 was the last time life felt relatively normal. Things have been getting progressively worse and weirder since, and 2020 was a tipping point. Post-2020 is Nu-Earth, and everything will be slowly stripped from us. Car? leased. House? Rented. Food? Illegal to grow own food (that's dirty, unregulated food and a threat to your health). Entertainment? Curated and reinforced with correct viewpoints. You get the idea.
they_know_about_the_greys.gif
Life will be a living hell unless you fully assimilate. Actively rebelling, 4tt4ck1ng 1nfr4structur3, may be a worthy, noble cause in the coming years/decades. The recent substation attacks in the United States have been interesting.

Virtual Cafe Awards
2012 was the last time life felt relatively normal. Things have been getting progressively worse and weirder since, and 2020 was a tipping point. Post-2020 is Nu-Earth, and everything will be slowly stripped from us. Car? leased. House? Rented. Food? Illegal to grow own food (that's dirty, unregulated food and a threat to your health). Entertainment? Curated and reinforced with correct viewpoints. You get the idea.
View attachment 47969
Life will be a living hell unless you fully assimilate. Actively rebelling, 4tt4ck1ng 1nfr4structur3, may be a worthy, noble cause in the coming years/decades. The recent substation attacks in the United States have been interesting.
dont forget :
View attachment 47969
dont want to believe, but what if: https://thelightpaper.co.uk/assets/...r-center_none/Light-25-Front-Page-Med-Rez.png
hate it: http://www.consciousventurelab.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/evolution-of-captalism.png,
why to even live: https://swprs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Digital-Identity-Diagram-wef-1.jpg,
stupid model as f, it worked til now - i hate when things work, but they (who?) need money - so it will all end up fuckedup in the process of "MaKiNg BeTtEr"!!!: https://bestebank.imgix.net/2022/03...GO.png?auto=compress&ar=2.5:1&fit=crop&w=1100

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
dont forget :

dont want to believe, but what if: https://thelightpaper.co.uk/assets/...r-center_none/Light-25-Front-Page-Med-Rez.png
hate it: http://www.consciousventurelab.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/evolution-of-captalism.png,
why to even live: https://swprs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Digital-Identity-Diagram-wef-1.jpg,
stupid model as f, it worked til now - i hate when things work, but they (who?) need money - so it will all end up fuckedup in the process of "MaKiNg BeTtEr"!!!: https://bestebank.imgix.net/2022/03...GO.png?auto=compress&ar=2.5:1&fit=crop&w=1100
Not gona lie, the synthaxes of your forum are posts are really strange. I don't want to be rude, but can you prove that you are human by writing "Agora Road 2012" on a piece of paper, taking a photo and posting it here? You look very sus as the kids say nowadays.