PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
So the 2020's..... It's kinda... Awful??

In general, I think the start of the 2020s has been very disappointing and scary even. It feels like the start of major collapses across our society. It's getting harder and harder to latch onto hope and not become a doomer about it all. Heck, it's even getting to the point where I'm looking back at the 2010s in a positive light which is pretty shocking. But life is full of losses so I want to embrace the time period and stick through it if you will.

Anyways what I mean by "Golden age" refers to time periods like the 1980s where everything seemed great (Movies, Games, Music, etc) and life was generally pretty normal for the average person. Optimistic if you will.

So to everyone reading, I could really use a hopium pill right now. When will the new golden age of society happen?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
every empire has one or multiple golden age before their eventual death, american biggest golden age was from 1950s to 2001, when they rised themselves to be the world superpower and the dominant cultural force in the world, i mean, i'm not even american and i know how to speak english, to be honest at this point i do think that golden ages are something we made for ourselves, you are the one who decides if life is gonna be a downwards spiral or a success mountain, you are the rule of your own destiny, society is never gonna be the one telling you waht is good or what is bad, if you think what you see is bad, you might be living in a dark age.

I to be honest i'm glad to being borned in the 2002, for my points of view, and the way i see life, we have in our hand a big extention of knowledge, to develop a more critical thinking, know about the rest of the world, being more counsciouss about your surroundings, you can see anything, and that is not something someone from 1985 could do that easily, and to be honest, i'm living my golden era, i'm graduating from college next year, i'm gonna married the exact same year aswell, i'm moving out of this hellhole, i'm learning new skills, knowing more people, improving myself and my family, i even got a job as freelancer while i study, i don't know, but i can't care less about the world, to me, i live the golden age.
1659002142630.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
I could really use a hopium pill right now. When will the new golden age of society happen?
Just like Rome wasn't built in a day it wasn't destroyed in a day either. Pax Americana might be on its way out. Maybe we're in for a period of darkness. All in all though, these things are historical, far beyond the scope of what most individuals can affect, and take time. Just live the best life you can live and don't worry too much about whether or not the past was better than the present in some abstract historical sense. As long as God's in his Heaven then all's right in the world.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
There are always ups and downs. The 70s & 80s had inflation worse than we have now and high unemployment on top of everyone worrying about the US and Russia nuking each other. The 90s were pretty sweet, not gonna lie. You had a steep decline in puritanism combined but political correctness wasn't taken very seriously. The 2000s had 9/11 and everyone being scared of terrorists for a couple years.

There's always bullshit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Obake

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
When will the new golden age of society happen?
The thing about golden ages is that we often don't realize they're happening until after they're over. We tend took look at the past and recognize that it's better than what we have today. But the reality is that the past wasn't perfect either, we just choose to focus on the good parts. Some stuff was better in the past, and some stuff is better now.

Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall. There is a high chance that the society you live in is collapsing. Meanwhile another society somewhere else in the globe might be going through business as usual. And likewise when your society heals there might be chaos somewhere else. It happens all the time, and yet despite being more connected that ever before we still tend to view our problems as if they're also affecting everyone else in the world. Life in my country is fine right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Virtual Cafe Awards

lovelace

Reach heaven through violence
Reaction score
Awards
A Golden Age is marked by advancements in the arts and sciences. Here is how the 21st century could be a new "Golden Age," in a dystopian sense; some might refer to this as a dark age instead.

Generative AI - e.g., Stable Diffusion, ChatGPT, and Copilot - augment the talents of artists, animators, authors, and poets. Technology shifts toward human-machine interaction through natural language, where machines become more "human."

Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI) such as Neuralink augment intelligence. People compose messages and do tasks at the speed of thought. Simultaneously, personal assistants trained in internet data are the mediators between humans and the wider internet. In a sense, then, we become "schizophrenics" consulting with voices in our heads. A human thirty years in the future will consult with AI assistants for the vast majority of their decisions, thus making brain chips indispensable and triggering another revolution in human evolution.

The world population is collapsing due to low fertility rates; humanity survives due to the robotic and secretarial automation of human work. Even scientific advancements largely come from specialized agents running millions of tests in virtual simulations. Humans spend most of their time in virtual simulations, befriending virtual personalities, and using voice or thought commands to build programs, games, art, and other assets. Public acceptance of artificial intelligence has skyrocketed due to the overwhelming convenience and ubiquitous nature of virtual assistants.

SpaceX in collaboration with NASA and other contractors has established the first human Mars settlement. Elon Musk is venerated as a god of the new future since he is the face of the Mars missions and brain chips. Starlink covers the entire earth and there is no land on earth that is too obscure to connect to the internet. At this point, the blur between the internet, technology, and reality is very blurred. People rarely turn off their brain chips and other prosthetics to live "naked." Virtual simulations are the hubs for entertainment, commerce, adventure, companionship, and much more. Existentialism is rampant as people live increasingly in worlds of their own design; traditional corporate work is no longer required for a large portion of the population.

"Dead Internet Theory" is true and ahead of the curve. Artificial intelligence exceeds biological intelligence in terms of entities online and content produced. It's impossible to know if a given piece of writing or media was written by a human, a human with the help of AI, or entirely by AI. People are in virtual worlds and communities where they could be the only human entity among one-million artificial entities -- it's impossible to know.

TL;DR: By 2100, most humans have brain chips, there is a sizable Mars colony, artificial intelligence overtakes human intelligence in net output, and consensus reality is shattered for most people.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
What's the point of a golden age if you're living in your own individual dark age? Or more optimistically, the 'age' your society is in doesn't matter so much as the eternal struggle of men to create for themselves a golden age in their own personal lives.

Musashi had a great quote:

"there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself."​

We get nostalgic about previous decades but just remember that those decades were a shit time for alot more people. Abject poverty rates in the 90s for example were far far far higher than they are now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ticbow2003

Noisy brained
Reaction score
Awards
Website
brainnoises.neocities.com
Personally, I think we're seeing the worst of it right now and so I believe we will see the best again. I think all these things come in waves. For example, how shit was WW2 for the world? But afterwards we had massive positive cultural changes and an amazing few decades for music, art, film, and culture in general. I believe we're currently in antother dark age which will last a decade or so, but will hit a golden age afterwards.

Virtual Cafe Awards
as it was said here before, you can miss 80s and or ~ 2010s.
who knows, maybe you will miss 2020s in 2030s, 2050s...
the worse is this "vaporwave"/Anemoia/hauntology-thing.
You know (ill try to explain), The Promises(TM). - idk if it is just me, or we can agree on this.

- unhinged net vs "urbanization" of net - wild west web vs Major Big Actors. - but who i lie to but myself... Even TVs and SWs got monopolized. Why is it so news to me. Sure /s it will not only stop there. I believed, clinged unto fairytale. But we each got different formulas for that. Corpos want fairytale of infinite money-flow, no matter what. I am glad if these money are good for good-good things, - and not for honing, pushing whole train of politics, agenda, ideology for some minuscule "new thing"(tm). (How you thought Netflix, PCs or skycrappers (lol, no idea) started? People hated them first - but when pushed enough...(???) Or make me right on this, i am just - disgusted. You know:

- Instead of Net connecting people, it ever more widened the already clashed society. We cant blame it, apple of discord was always there. But god, why to make whole net about it - why to politicize things! Things like human rights or "math dont exist because it is construct..." shouldnt be L-R Auth-Lib things! You divide circumf. of circle by diameter, there is pi! Had you made it up? No! And you can count on fingers, count things... no argument there ffs!

- BTW: (Have you heard raddiators pushing all LGBTQIA+ (for what is due, no hate there) into "pedofilia being new sexuality"? Either hoax or not, it can change consensus. When one dont know it is joke or not, it can change opinion. It is like with [any%]-channers pretend-play. Half thinks it is true, other it is all pretend. And circlejerk of confussion begins...)

Virtual Cafe Awards
as it was said here before, you can miss 80s and or ~ 2010s.
who knows, maybe you will miss 2020s in 2030s, 2050s...
the worse is this "vaporwave"/Anemoia/hauntology-thing.
You know (ill try to explain), The Promises(TM). - idk if it is just me, or we can agree on this.

- unhinged net vs "urbanization" of net - wild west web vs Major Big Actors. - but who i lie to but myself... Even TVs and SWs got monopolized. Why is it so news to me. Sure /s it will not only stop there. I believed, clinged unto fairytale. But we each got different formulas for that. Corpos want fairytale of infinite money-flow, no matter what. I am glad if these money are good for good-good things, - and not for honing, pushing whole train of politics, agenda, ideology for some minuscule "new thing"(tm). (How you thought Netflix, PCs or skycrappers (lol, no idea) started? People hated them first - but when pushed enough...(???) Or make me right on this, i am just - disgusted. You know:

- Instead of Net connecting people, it ever more widened the already clashed society. We cant blame it, apple of discord was always there. But god, why to make whole net about it - why to politicize things! Things like human rights or "math dont exist because it is construct..." shouldnt be L-R Auth-Lib things! You divide circumf. of circle by diameter, there is pi! Had you made it up? No! And you can count on fingers, count things... no argument there ffs!

- BTW: (Have you heard raddiators pushing all LGBTQIA+ (for what is due, no hate there) into "pedofilia being new sexuality"? Either hoax or not, it can change consensus. When one dont know it is joke or not, it can change opinion. It is like with [any%]-channers pretend-play. Half thinks it is true, other it is all pretend. And circlejerk of confussion begins...)
similar vein here: https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/the-dangers-of-minimalism.4685/post-45613
edit: also went "lil bit" non-sequituir

Virtual Cafe Awards
It's a good point that someone will miss the 2020s and all the other subsequent decades.

Generally the decades you get most nostalgic about or start to believe is a golden age centres around a few things:

1. Nothing absolutely horrible is happening like WW2
2. These decades were your formative years
3. These decades are far enough in the past that all the bad memories have faded

I think we'll reach a good new era when people re-learn the skill to enjoy the moments of their lifes, and take control of technology instead of letting technology control them.

There's a really good book on this called "Digital Minimalism" which I enjoyed.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
A golden era will come again after the humanity will have a huge decline. At the present time we have lack of creative minds and a huge antiaesthetic norm covers every field. Im optimistic and i believe we will live a golden era someday i hope soon.

Virtual Cafe Awards